Help this idiot stream his movies

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
I set up a WHS with currently 5TB of space. I want to rip all my stuff and stream to either my 360 or PS3. I have the trial of AnyDVD, and I have ripped/muxed/transcoded and many other actions I don't really understand. I was able to get one BluRay to show, but it stuttered badly. Most files I try to play simply say "corrupted" (PS3), or "unsupported codec" (360).
What I have tried is straight ISO, ISO through PS3Media Center, ISO through Windows Media Center (with my main PC in between). I have also tried M2TS through all those avenues, along with MKV and AVI through various converter programs, but no go.

Also, is there a good way to categorize and list all the stuff? I ended up with repeated files/folders in the media browsers, yet the WHS machine has simply one of each?!

I have experimented with this a lot with the Playstation. What you need to do is use eac3to (commandline) or a GUI over it, such as ClownBD. I have only used the commandline to extract the HD video stream (usually VC1 or H.264) and the English audio stream (you may have to try either AC3 or TrueHD depending on how PS3 Media Server handles it). Then I mux it into an MKV (with MKV merge) or M2TS (with tsMuxer). Then I add it to the library of PMS. Try it out, and I will experiment with it more as well.

-darkmatter08

Back