Help unzip/unrar/unstuffing?

a ronin

Gawd
I downloaded a multi-rar program and would like to expand it to install the application but Stuffit keeps expanding single files into their individualized folders and encountering errors along the way. What am I doing wrong? The resulting single files (the successful ones any way) are mds files. OSX has a mounting engine similar to Daemon for Windows, correct?

Would appreciate some help getting this to work. It's been arduous and frustrating.

Thanks

Is WinRAR not available for Macs? Personally, I think it's the best unzipping program out there.

a ronin said:
I downloaded a multi-rar program and would like to expand it to install the application but Stuffit keeps expanding single files into their individualized folders and encountering errors along the way. What am I doing wrong? The resulting single files (the successful ones any way) are mds files. OSX has a mounting engine similar to Daemon for Windows, correct?

Would appreciate some help getting this to work. It's been arduous and frustrating.

Thanks

Why would a Mac application come packaged as mds files? Are you sure what you're trying to install is indeed a Mac application?

You can mount disk images just by double clicking them, but I don't think it supports mds files.

There are a couple of tools you can use

Unrarx

There's a command line tool from the guy who invented RAR:

rar

And so on...

Back