High capacity drag-and-drop MP3 player?

G'morning all,

I'm looking for a drag-and-drop DAP with a minimum of 30GB storage. 40GB+ would be better.

Currently I have an iRiver H360 with Rockbox and I love it to death, but I've gone through three of them and I'm tired of buying used. I would much rather prefer to buy something new.

I don't really care about movies/pictures/podcasts, that's what my Zune is for.

So what I'm looking for...

* High capacity
* Drag-and-drop
* OTF playlists would be nice, along with the ability to have 1) more than one 2) rearrange them (like with my Zune, I have one OTF playlist, and I can't rearrange the song order)
* Usability approaching Rockbox would be nice :p
* File browser view, not database view

If I forgot anything and am reminded I'll add it to the list. :p

Thanks... :)

I've always liked Sansas. Right now you can get a 32 GB View for $200 and then later drop in a 16 GB micro SD card for like $80, probably cheaper if you buy it in a few months or so.

Any some other Sansas have been rockboxed so there's a good chance the view will be too.

EDIT: There's also a giant thread of the possibility of Rockbox on the View here:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=13562.0

get a ipod and use Songbird to manage your ipod or use the program sharepod. I have a 80 gb ipod classic i could care less about pics/movies thats what a real large lcd is for :] Im happy with my ipod i connect it drag all my music over that i want and im off no itunes to worry about or DRM

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I use my iPod as basically a 80gb thumbdrive...

Works like a charm.

High storage, OTF playlist, ease of use.

:)

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I use my iPod as basically a 80gb thumbdrive...

Works like a charm.

High storage, OTF playlist, ease of use.

:)
You can't just copy and paste music onto it and have it show up. It has to be indexed.

It's also a tag-based music player, not a file browser-based music player. As I stated I was looking for.

using the program Sharepod for my ipod its the best thing i can get on a ipod that is Drag/Drop based on a ipod. ANd what i love most of all is that there is no itunes on my pc <3

....SharePod about section...........
SharePod is easy to use and works! Heres some of the main features:

* Add & remove music and videos from your iPod
* Add, remove and edit playlists
* Add & remove album art
* Copy music, videos and playlists from your iPod to PC
* Import music/videos into your iTunes library, including playlists and ratings
* Tag editing
* Drag n' drop to and from Explorer
* Simple, clean interface
* Quick to load and use with no unnessary complicated features

Back