Homemade Double Bladed Lightsaber

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like Star Wars stuff as much as the next guy (movie, game, fan fiction, art, etc.) but, unless it is truly spectacular, it doesn't really grab my attention. Well...consider my ATTENTION GRABBED. Imagine what this guy could do with a case. :eek: Thanks to KilrB for the link!

Astounding craftmanship and talent. Simply amazing.

I agree, this guy could make one badass PC case

Super cool. All that's left is to do all that intricate etching in the handles... ;)

I like Star Wars stuff as much as the next guy (movie, game, fan fiction, art, etc.) but, unless it is truly spectacular, it doesn't really grab my attention. Well...consider my ATTENTION GRABBED. Imagine what this guy could do with a case. :eek: Thanks to KilrB for the link!

Step 1: Comission this guy to design and build prototype official [H] PC case
Step 2: Send prototype to Corsair for volume production
Step 3: Shut up and take my money!!!

I like the fact that how it started was due to his WIFE wanting a light saber.

What's with Star Wars props and shaving products? First they used a Lady Schick razor in Episode I and now fans are using electric razor heads for the business end of the light saber.

Yeah, that is really something. My wife has a cutlass sword, but she would never ask for anything from Star Wars (or Star Trek).

My wife just asks that I stop tinkering with the HTPC since it "works fine already". "Fine", who wants "just fine" when it can be perfect!? :p

I don't really like Star Wars (I'll watch the movies, but nothing more), and I think that's cool as Hell.

I don't really like Star Wars (I'll watch the movies, but nothing more), and I think that's cool as Hell.

[H] status revoked.
Not liking Star Wars is grounds for the ban hammer.
Also, liking the prequels more than the originals is also grounds for the ban hammer.

Repent, while there is still time!

[H] status revoked.
Also, liking the prequels more than the originals is also grounds for the ban hammer.

Origionals were definitely the best, anyone who argues that statement is a complete moron.

[H] status revoked.

I like Stargate. Don't like Star Wars. Mainly because the guy who created it is an uber douche.

yeah, i was about to say, the early stages of fabrication can pass for a sex toy.

anyway, awesome metal work. I always like the look of stainless steel.

Not surprising. Star Wars appeals to people of all ages, races, and genders.

My G/F just bought a custom saber from saberforge.com. They are pretty nice, but not near as intricate as this guy's. I'm awaiting my custom sith style red lightsaber. We already have plans for a wall mount for both of ours that will sit above the big screen.

I wonder what the cost to buy it or duplicate it is. +1
The custom ones on saberforge.com are around $200-300 (US dollars). This thing is a helluva lot more detailed. If I were him, I wouldn't charge anything less than $500.

[H] status revoked.

When I was a kid nothing was greater than Star Wars.

As an adult A New Hope is watchable, Empire is still a decent flick and Jedi is a remake of a New Hope one with muppets.

The prequils saddend me

I like Stargate. Don't like Star Wars. Mainly because the guy who created it is an uber douche.

Hey man no worries I am right there with you, I prefer Stargate and my primary scifi movies/show. But like any nerd you respect good craftsmanship no matter what it is from, and this is really good :D .

I'd like to see pictures of his wife.

Did he mention what he was using to spread the light when the light saber is extended? It only shows pictures of it on and extended and off but with the turbine things lit up.

The custom ones on saberforge.com are around $200-300 (US dollars). This thing is a helluva lot more detailed. If I were him, I wouldn't charge anything less than $500.

and it being stainless steel is prolly be more then $700

That looks awesome... if only his wife was as hot as the asian jedi. I'd be pretty jealous if she was though.

I'd like to see pictures of his wife.

Did he mention what he was using to spread the light when the light saber is extended? It only shows pictures of it on and extended and off but with the turbine things lit up.

He mentions a fan forum in the caption for one of the pictures in the latter half of the work log. I imagine that, if you're manufacturing it from scratch, you can make sure it fits one of the light blades which you can buy separately from one of the mid to high end light saber manufacturing companies. I've been waiting for my nephew to get old enough to not destroy lamps around the house to buy him one of those as one of the best christmas presents ever. I already bought him the taun taun sleeping bag.

What I'm waiting for is advances in materials to make it so that you can have a full on light saver fight and not worry about shattering whatever it is the blades are made out of. C'mon transparent aluminum!

Hey man no worries I am right there with you, I prefer Stargate and my primary scifi movies/show. But like any nerd you respect good craftsmanship no matter what it is from, and this is really good :D .

Then to semi-quote Carter from the pilot, "I think this guy can MacGyver a system..."

yeah, i was about to say, the early stages of fabrication can pass for a sex toy.

anyway, awesome metal work. I always like the look of stainless steel.

It can still pass for a sex toy.... if you're Klingon!

Then to semi-quote Carter from the pilot, "I think this guy can MacGyver a system..."

haha funny thing is I am actually rewatching the series and I remember the quote and through out the series there is a lot of MacGyver and Simpsons references :D .

It'll be pretty amusing if he did considering all of Lucas's weapons are constructed of real-world weapons.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars

Han Solo's pistol was actually used by Frank Sinatra in The Naked Runner too.

Lucas has sued others before for making imitation light sabers. There have been threads about it here, in fact. :eek:

BTW, I just now caught the part by your name that says:
"Fixing stupid since 1972, 11.5 Years"

I know the 11.5 years refers to how long you've been a member on [H], but it's funny how it reads "since 1972" and then says 11.5 years. :p

Lucas has sued others before for making imitation light sabers. There have been threads about it here, in fact. :eek:

BTW, I just now caught the part by your name that says:
"Fixing stupid since 1972, 11.5 Years"

I know the 11.5 years refers to how long you've been a member on [H], but it's funny how it reads "since 1972" and then says 11.5 years. :p

The year I was born. I just threw that in there. :D

I'm in IT in a project management company consisted of about 110 old men and women (age 60 and up), so you get the picture.

The year I was born. I just threw that in there. :D

I'm in IT in a project management company consisted of about 110 old men and women (age 60 and up), so you get the picture.
Yeah, I figured 1972 was your birth year, but still funny seeing that next to the 11.5 years. Anyway, happy 4-0, whenever it was or will be this year. :p

Back