Hope at last: DFI to make mATX crossfire/SLI boards

Just got an email that they are issuing me a refund of $21.00 because of a recent price drop because my motherboard hasn't shipped yet. Pretty sweet customer service. Most would of not given back anything.

Just got an email that they are issuing me a refund of $21.00 because of a recent price drop because my motherboard hasn't shipped yet. Pretty sweet customer service. Most would of not given back anything.

nice! that is great to hear....I wouldn't mind 21.00 back, that would go straight to my gas tank :D

Ah! I was just about to post this- I saw the lower newegg price and had sent motherboardpro an email. Looks like they are giving everybody refunds too!

Received the board today and it booted right up with my new Crossfire card! BIOS has every option conceivable - one thing DFI is known for.

Overclocking is in question... I was able to do 400 x 9 right away, which maxes out my CPU. However, once I set it to 411fsb+ at any multiplier and even voltage up to 1.65v on the Northbridge, it fails to post. It then gets stuck in a reboot loop where I have to cycle power manually and it randomly decides to load defaults or the 4th CMOS Reloaded setting, which by default is blank. If it fails to reload, it tries to reload the next CMOS Reloaded setting. It takes awhile to recover and I first went for the CMOS jumper, because I thought it was stuck, which is inconveniently under the second card.

In a nutshell, overclocking has been more obnoxious than even the Gigabyte board. Just to start, the menu could be better. I set it to 7x 500fsb and it posted twice, but I could not duplicate even after saving it to the CMOS Reloaded settings. It definitely needs to be tweaked around with some more before drawing a final conclusion... In some cases, it may be a multi hole or a problem with my memory, because my memory is close to maxing even at the lowest ratio options. However, I tested many times where CPU and mem should have been totally ruled out and still had issues.

For me, it does max out my CPU and equally importantly it has Crossfire so it will probably be a keeper.

Crysis testing:

Setup:
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on 400fsb
2 x HD 4850s @ Defaults
Vista 64

Single: Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=4x, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 24.335

Crossfire: Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=4x, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 31.525

One has to also remember DFI said, when they first announced they were going to make these dual card mobos, that they wouldnt be high end. They are to be more middle mainstream. Still, the fact they even made a CF, and coming soon SLI, mATX mobos is significant in of itself. Hopefully these mobos will hit at least 500fsb. So far Pvhk has hit 490fsb in his testing so there is a good chance.

Need better RAM.

Better faster ram that does 1200mhz OC from 1000mhz PC8500.
That with a good cooling system and this board will OC like crazy.

I just wanted to mention that I got my replacement JR P45-T2RS from DFI yesterday, and it's been working great so far. Bill at DFI did a great job with the RMA, and it's actually one of the best support experiences I've had in a while.

I just wanted to mention that I got my replacement JR P45-T2RS from DFI yesterday, and it's been working great so far. Bill at DFI did a great job with the RMA, and it's actually one of the best support experiences I've had in a while.

That's good to hear, especially all the horror stories that pop up every now and then.

Glad your new board is working out for you.

Back