HOT! 3ds XL + zelda $150 @ target BF

We'll see tonight and tomorrow I guess. Be nice if they decided to honor it anyway since it is such a huge mess.

I'm 99% sure if there's any honoring at all it would be for those who wait in line for 30 hours with no pee break, not us warm cozy online warriors. If you are talking about that, you bet your ass they better honor them heroes of patience and #nolife!

Besides, they wouldn't have to resort to honoring online because the zelda isn't even available online. So unless some idiot flips the switch for that before checking the price I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Amazon and Target had them for 150 online earlier. Order 1 from each. Will return the target one.

So I think not a lot of ppl new about this so I was able to get it and it was 149.99. Good luck to everyone who is trying for it

So I think not a lot of ppl new about this so I was able to get it and it was 149.99. Good luck to everyone who is trying for it

I won't be able to go until tomorrow so hopefully no one at my Target buys them out.

Just got a zelda bundle for 150. It can show 220 but comes at 150 at register. Had to check three targets to get one.

No luck here, store had about 5 stacks of the other ones but no Zelda bundle. employee told me they only had 1.

Earlier I decided to hell with it and check out walmart to price match, as i read some people where able to on the cheapassgamer forums.

I got them to price match the non-bundle version, but the guy went and checked target's website and wouldn't honor the zelda bundle as it wasnt an "in store advertisement"... twitter doesn't officially count.

Your millage may vary on getting them to price match, depends on how generous the person is on doing it imo. It was one guy pulling games out of the displays, he was the guy i tried to get to price match the bundle. He could have easily just said yes to the person who was ringing me up but no dice on the bundle so i took the standard xl for $149.

So i just bought a full black 3ds xl and super mario bros 2 (just to have something to play til i get other games).. I went and cancelled my amazon order from this mourning since no telling when that would ship anyways.

I checked 3 Targets and none of them had it. The section where it was suppose to be was empty. The employees told me that they sold out within 30 minutes of opening.

Oh well, no big loss. I wasn't planning on getting it but figured I'd try and see.

Checked 3 targets, the last one had none in the display shelf, but when I asked them to check in the back for stock, they had 6. Scored 2 of them at 12:30am with none of the silly BF rush crowd!

YES!!!!! I feel so damned lucky!

So we went to one Target at 6:30 and I waited in line until they opened at 8PM.... only to find out that they all sold out ahead of me. So I started checking inventory online, and found a few other stores that showed them to be in stock. We went to the second store 15 minutes away and no luck, guy said they sold out of them 20 minutes after opening. Went to the THIRD store another 20 minutes away, headed straight for electronics, and the guy says 'Awww man, I just sold the last one literally 5 minutes ago... I'm so sorry guy'. So I'm bummed and just about resigned that tonight just isn't my night. We shop around for 15 or 20 minutes, and then head back to electronics to check on another cheap TV or something. Well I hear someone yelling 'Hey Sir, you wanted the gold Zelda DS right???'. Turns out someone had left one at the register and backed out of buying it, and when it made it's way back to electronics the guy remembered me and had been looking out for me for ten minutes. Needless to say I shook his hand and thanked him profusely!

So awesome!

In all the excitement I forgot I had planned to pick up a copy of Super Mario 3D Land.... guess I'll shop online for that one. :D

Any other must have 3DS titles I should consider?

Not sure if Im annoyed that I picked it up for $220 last week at Gamestop. I had $200+ in store credit and not much else to use it on other then game pre-orders.

I only went to one Target, around 3am and the store was EMPTY, saw one guy walking out with a PS4. No 3DS XL's, I was told they only had one Zelda bundle and it was promptly snatched up. The employee also told me that someone made a mistake and "put a bundle on the floor that wasn't supposed to be available until late December". She said people tried to buy them but they weren't even in the register system, so they were taken and put in the back.

YES!!!!! I feel so damned lucky!

So we went to one Target at 6:30 and I waited in line until they opened at 8PM.... only to find out that they all sold out ahead of me. So I started checking inventory online, and found a few other stores that showed them to be in stock. We went to the second store 15 minutes away and no luck, guy said they sold out of them 20 minutes after opening. Went to the THIRD store another 20 minutes away, headed straight for electronics, and the guy says 'Awww man, I just sold the last one literally 5 minutes ago... I'm so sorry guy'. So I'm bummed and just about resigned that tonight just isn't my night. We shop around for 15 or 20 minutes, and then head back to electronics to check on another cheap TV or something. Well I hear someone yelling 'Hey Sir, you wanted the gold Zelda DS right???'. Turns out someone had left one at the register and backed out of buying it, and when it made it's way back to electronics the guy remembered me and had been looking out for me for ten minutes. Needless to say I shook his hand and thanked him profusely!

So awesome!

In all the excitement I forgot I had planned to pick up a copy of Super Mario 3D Land.... guess I'll shop online for that one. :D

Any other must have 3DS titles I should consider?

I'm personally having a BLAST with rune factory 4 and fire emblem awakening.

That 3DS is one I would buy. Looks awesome, and congrats Blue

damn. . . I was at Target and there was one left. I made the rookie mistake of not picking it up immediately while I looked around for an employee to price check it. While I turned my back someone else grabbed it, lol! Well, I did walk out with a 3ds XL with a physical copy of the game for only $20 more than the combo deal, so I don't feel too bad about it. Still a great deal! Congrats to anyone who got it.

Congrats to those that got in on this. I've been eye-balling all the Kingdom Hearts games I haven't played on handhelds now.

damn. . . I was at Target and there was one left. I made the rookie mistake of not picking it up immediately while I looked around for an employee to price check it. While I turned my back someone else grabbed it, lol! Well, I did walk out with a 3ds XL with a physical copy of the game for only $20 more than the combo deal, so I don't feel too bad about it. Still a great deal! Congrats to anyone who got it.

This may be a better deal depending on how much you like a gold embossed triforce on your console and your intentions on selling in the future.

Walmart Price Match. Just got it. give it a try guys

iLGbSO7.jpg

Last edited:
i totally want this, but i haven't touched a handheld video in ages and my psp and ds are collecting dust.

No walmarts had the gold. But got them to pm target on a black one. Not the best deal, but when your hot for zelda, your hot for zelda.

Walmart is hiding them! Check the inventory tracker and if it says In Stock it most likely is. I went to my local walmart that showed "IN STOCK" but they had none of display. First guy I talked to brushed me off and said "No all gone, sorry." next guy I went to I showed him the tracker and he typed the UPC into his inventory "gun" and left. 15 minutes later he came back with 12 brand new ones in a fresh sealed shipping box. After 2 hours of being stone walled by the managers I finally walked out with 5 at 149.99.

t5Vsl3k.jpg

Nice! Do you're going to sell them to us for $150 + Shipping right? :p

Nice! Do you're going to sell them to us for $150 + Shipping right? :p

1 to a friend, 1 to a brother, 1 to me and 2 for storage :D love Nintendo collectibles. If they would've let me have all 12 I would've sold some here :( but alas, they wanted to put me in a force choke by the look in their eyes. With tax + shipping - fees I would've had to sell each one for about $190 to break even though which kind of kills the point of the deal :/

dammm I tried to get walmart to price match and they wouldn't.... Last night i showed them the twitter posts , and the ad that said they where going to have it for $149... and the guy wouldn't allow it. tho he did pricematch a regular xl.. so i took that.

Than this morning I see target updated their site with the price of $149, so i went back to walmart today after work. They accepted to refund my XL. sadly it was the same workers at the electronics department.. they still wouldn't budge after showing them the target site. I also showed them another picture of someone's pricematched walmart receipt, but. because the target site said "online only" blah blah... and its not in the target print ad that the walmart employees have.

I decided to go to target, and sadly the guy said they where out, he said he just looked.

I ended up buying another black XL and the zelda game separately.

Is the game that amazing that it's worth getting a 3DS for?

My local walmart (2 minute drive) says it has them, I was going to pop over and see about a price match, but I need someone to tell me why it's worth it :)

[L]imey;1040424572 said:
Is the game that amazing that it's worth getting a 3DS for?

My local walmart (2 minute drive) says it has them, I was going to pop over and see about a price match, but I need someone to tell me why it's worth it :)

Available here too... like 2 miles away in Las Vegas. You can call to see if they pricematch. Doesn't it have to be in stock at Target for them to price match?

Available here too... like 2 miles away in Las Vegas. You can call to see if they pricematch. Doesn't it have to be in stock at Target for them to price match?

Don't call, they will brush you off 99% of the time or tell you yes but then argue it in store or steal it for themselves. If you can get it for $150 I highly recommend it. The great thing about Nintendo products is they retain their value really well. You can easily resell and either break even or make profit 6 months from now. Just keep the box and original accessories and keep it in a case to prevent marks.

Local WalMart refused to price match for me today. Oh well.

Yeah they are being really hard about this PM. Their policy states "we don't need to see an ad to price match" yet they told me they wanted to see an ad. Wtf? I got them to break but I had to bend them 180 degrees to do it.

Yeah they are being really hard about this PM. Their policy states "we don't need to see an ad to price match" yet they told me they wanted to see an ad. Wtf? I got them to break but I had to bend them 180 degrees to do it.

Yeah. I really didn't feel like arguing with them when they were all between customers.

Back