[HOT] Brooks Brothers Peal and Co (C&J Handgrade) Shoes $100+ off

computerpro3

LightningRod
These are the finest widely commercially available shoes in the United States. Made by Crockett and Jones or Alfred Sargent in England to hand grade standards, they are just absolutely awesome shoes. These are the cheapest you will find them until next Christmas period. At checkout, today and tomorrow you get ANOTHER 20% off.

For comparison prices, these are $600 directly from Crockett and Jones. You can get them in the $292 range here.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=523

They are pricey, yes, but will easily last 10+ years with a resoling or two. The factory can also refurbish them if they get damaged.

Last edited:
These are very nice shoes. Damn, I splurged too much on gifts and my own shit this Christmas so I have to pass. :( I'll be on the lookout next Christmas, unless I see these on sale during BB's next sale. I like to pick up a nice pair of shoes ($350+) every couple of years or so (no real need this year anyway). All my good stuff has lasted me at least six or more years with resoling and good care.

It is $100 off and not for $100.

[H]and made shoes make sense when they are custom fit; see no point in doing so with pre-manufactured shoes. It is not that the [H]and is going to be a lot more precise and accurate than a X79 Sandybridge-E controlled machine.

At these prices, I would want the shoe-maker to come to my home, massage my foot, take a measurement, and then come back again to make sure they fit.

And any good pair of shoes, when resoled will last for years or more assuming you polish and nourish the leather. The problem is that most of us do not have the time to truly treat leather the way it is supposed to be treated; with a daily cleaning, a weekly wax polish and a monthly abrasion removal session.

For that price I can fly down to Mexico and get a few pairs of high quality custom made shoes (among other things).

It is $100 off and not for $100.
]

And any good pair of shoes, when resoled will last for years or more assuming you polish and nourish the leather. The problem is that most of us do not have the time to truly treat leather the way it is supposed to be treated; with a daily cleaning, a weekly wax polish and a monthly abrasion removal session.

Good shoes that can be resoled start at about $250 (think Allen Edmonds), so these are not that much more. $292 at sale prices.

You can't resole 95% of shoes sold. There are only a few types of construction when you can, and none of them are sold at Johnston and Murphy, etc.

Also, 95% of shoes sold are not real leather. These are. Once again, stuff at Bostonian, Johnston Murphy, etc is all bonded and split corrected grain leather.

These shoes are far cheaper in the long run than buying crappy shoes. Not to mention the huge benefit that properly designed shoes have on your health.

If you're too cheap, poor, or stupid to spend money on quality footwear, stay out of the thread. These are world-class shoes for less cash than many of you neck beards spend on GPU's and cheetos to fuel your WOW addiction.

The fact of the matter is that this is a blazing deal and the best pricing you're likely to see for another 12 months.

Good shoes that can be resoled start at about $250 (think Allen Edmonds), so these are not that much more. $292 at sale prices.

You can't resole 95% of shoes sold. There are only a few types of construction when you can, and none of them are sold at Johnston and Murphy, etc.

Also, 95% of shoes sold are not real leather. These are. Once again, stuff at Bostonian, Johnston Murphy, etc is all bonded and split corrected grain leather.

These shoes are far cheaper in the long run than buying crappy shoes. Not to mention the huge benefit that properly designed shoes have on your health.

If you're too cheap, poor, or stupid to spend money on quality footwear, stay out of the thread. These are world-class shoes for less cash than many of you neck beards spend on GPU's and cheetos to fuel your WOW addiction.

The fact of the matter is that this is a blazing deal and the best pricing you're likely to see for another 12 months.

Dude, it's great that you're so passionate and excited about shoes. I'm really happy for you.

Some people might not care about the label on their shoes though. They might not care about resoling shoes that are falling apart, rotting, and smell like a monkey's ass. I throw my shoes away after 2-5 years.

Some people might not care about whether their shoes are made of "bonded, split corrected grain leather" skinned from a druid's ass.

The shitkickers my great grandfather wore are more fashionable than the British clodhoppers that Peal & Co make.

As far as health goes, the $100 Ecco shoes I wear are probably healthier for feet than these uncomfortable looking shoes.

I'm not too cheap, stupid, or poor to spend money on these ugly fucking shoes made by drunken British goat fucking shoe cobblers either. I simply don't _want_ to spend $300 on shoes that'll make me look like an even bigger douchebag than Robert Pattinson. I'd rather spend my money on an AMD 7970, and jalapeno flavored cheetos.

There's no need for you to insult everybody else on this forum simply because they don't want to spend their money on Brooks Brothers shoes, Prada suits, and French truffles.

I'd rather spend my money on an AMD 7970, and jalapeno flavored cheetos.

Then what the fuck did you click on my thread for? I'm confused - you can obviously read since you're responding to my posts, but you missed the giant "Brooks Brothers Shoe" label in the thread title?

Look, we get that you don't know anything about shoes or style or quality goods. But I still don't get why you're here?

Your thread said "HOT", so I wanted to find out why it was hot.

Do your Brooks Brothers shoes improve the speed of applications performing encryption and decryption using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)?

Yes, I saw the mention of Brooks Brothers in the title. It piqued my interest because that's the brand I used to wear when I was a 13 yo student at one of the most prestigious and expensive boarding schools in the United States.

btw, right now I'm wearing $2 flip flops from Walmart, and my feet feel great.

Do your Brooks Brothers shoes improve the speed of applications performing encryption and decryption using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)?

Don't know, the company I started is in the xenon spectography field. You'll have to ask my software guys.

Yes, I saw the mention of Brooks Brothers in the title. It piqued my interest because that's the brand I used to wear when I was a 13 yo student at one of the most prestigious and expensive boarding schools in the United States.

btw, right now I'm wearing $2 flip flops from Walmart, and my feet feel great.

I wonder if I went to school with you? I attended Cheshire Academy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire_Academy

Last edited:
Did everybody else at Cheshire Academy wear C&J Handgrade Brooks Brothers rebranded Peal & Co shoes?

Tomorrow, I think I may buy one of your xenon spectrographs so I can zap my flip-flops with it and see what happens.

Did everybody else at Cheshire Academy wear C&J Handgrade Brooks Brothers rebranded Peal & Co shoes?

Nah, our uniforms were custom made from Pauls Fine Clothing.

And FYI, Peal and Co doesn't make shoes - technically the company doesn't exist anymore. Brooks Brothers purchased them, gets some of the top shoemakers to craft the shoes (C&J, Alfred Sargent, etc), and uses the name for branding purposes.

Just thought I'd let you in on the secret ;)

Tomorrow, I think I may buy one of your xenon spectrographs so I can zap my flip-flops with it and see what happens.

You might have a hard time doing that considering we don't make spectrographs, and even if we did spectrographs don't zap.

I have to say, I'm quite enjoying this thread with my glass of Macallan 21 here.

I'm drinking 22 year old Schlitz. Send me a xenon spectrograph and I'll modify it so that motherfucker zaps stuff.

this made me lol:D

I'm drinking 22 year old Schlitz. Send me a xenon spectrograph and I'll modify it so that motherfucker zaps stuff.

Too bad you don't understand or appreciate quality; I could use another EE. My guys are two months behind on a project they said would take seven weeks.

If my guys were two months behind on a seven week project, I'd take away their Brooks Brothers shoes.

If my guys were two months behind on a seven week project, I'd take away their Brooks Brothers shoes.

I thought about it, but I realized I could step up to Edward Green shoes if I fired them, outsourced to India, and pocketed the change.

btw, computerpro3, just curious ... which style of Peal & Co shoe do you wear? I'm betting you wear a Cordovan Boot.

What do you think of the Leather and Tweed Boots? Would you rock those?

btw, computerpro3, just curious ... which style of Peal & Co shoe do you wear? I'm betting you wear a Cordovan Boot.

Actually, I hate cordovan. I don't understand the circle jerk over it. People go nuts for it though. Like cordovan wallets - that's a completely pointless product. Why would you want a thicker, heavier, easier to crease leather in a billfold? Totally stupid.

I only own two Peal and Co's right now, the brown suede chukka boots for wear with jeans or charcoal slacks, and the black perforated captoe for wear with black suits.

I might pick up another captoe in brown tomorrow, depending on what the store has.

Last edited:
Don't like the brown suede chukkas. The black perforated captoes are nice though. My favorites are the straight captoe bluchers.

I'd wear those leather and tweed boots, with no socks, just to make people laugh. In fact, I kinda like them now. They'd be about $370 with the extra 20% discount?

Don't like the brown suede chukkas. The black perforated captoes are nice though. My favorites are the straight captoe bluchers.

Chukkas (and suede, and boots actually for that matter) are something that I never thought would look good until I tried it. Took a while to figure out what works and what doesn't with them. I had the Crockett and Jones Tetbury boot (a pseudo chukka derivative) but had to return them because the toe was just too pointy on my foot. It all depends on the last of the shoe.

The peal blucher is a nice shoe. Very clean lines for a blucher.

I much prefer it to split toe models, though that is entirely preference.

The C&J Tetbury's look nice. Would be too pointy for me too though. I don't like the split toe models at all.

Why don't you guys go bump your ivy league vaginas against each other like jelly donuts....holy flame war batman...

This should not even be here. It is not tech and has no relevance. If we start getting into random brands of clothes that have rediculous markups we could overfill this forum. I do not really care if they are hand made nothing warrants those prices. They are simply the most boring over priced shoes I have ever seen in my life, on some non tech bargain site this would be fine but here it is a total waste of our space. How many tech geeks want to spend $400 on boring shoes that look almost the same as $30 shoes you buy at walmart? Refurbish the soles? No thanks I will throw them in the trash and buy new ones that actually have the style of the current decade.

Krazypoloc: which style of Peal's do you like best?

This sounds like a trick question, I'm not good with these, because I'm Polish, and also drunk, but thats probably on account of my Polishness...best answer would be neck pearls....yes....final answer.

Ahh I see the question was Peal's...I have no idea what that is...

Thanks Google

n
1. a loud prolonged usually reverberating sound, as of bells, thunder, or laughter
2. (Music, other) Bell-ringing a series of changes rung in accordance with specific rules, consisting of not fewer than 5000 permutations in a ring of eight bells
3. (Music, other) (not in technical usage) the set of bells in a belfry
vb
1. (intr) to sound with a peal or peals
2. (tr) to give forth loudly and sonorously
3. (tr) to ring (bells) in peals
[C14 pele, variant of apele appeal]

Still no idea what context that has with the given discussion....

Do you have temper problems or something? Or did Santa not give you any gifts?
And shoes are not even tech related. What's next? A brand new car at 1/4 retail price due to a repo? The reason why people like food deals posted here is because us techies still need fuel, or we can't game (or work). And Cameras and Mobile devices are also pretty [H]. But shoes? Dear God. And it's not even the deal, it's your arrogant egoistic attitude.

Merry fucking Christmas.

These are the finest widely commercially available shoes in the United States. Made by Crockett and Jones in England to hand grade standards, they are just absolutely awesome shoes. These are the cheapest you will find them until next Christmas period. At checkout, today and tomorrow you get ANOTHER 20% off.
Damn you, you pretentious overentitled shoe bastard. I now have $338 less than I had ten minutes ago.

I will have these:

untitled.bmp

...to show for it, though.

What do you think of the Leather and Tweed Boots? Would you rock those?

Want.

Nope, I could not pull that off. I would be laughing at myself all the way out the door.

lol. You're willing to flaunt some of the most gaudy, overpriced gear in the world like it's nothing, yet you can't live a little and put some tweed on your boots!? Come on, man.

lol. You're willing to flaunt some of the most gaudy, overpriced gear in the world like it's nothing, yet you can't live a little and put some tweed on your boots!? Come on, man.

I have some expensive stuff, but nothing that's gaudy or overpriced for the quality it offers (or the worth I place on it due to my enjoyment).

Last edited:
I'm actually in for a pair OP. In your experience, have your expected shipping dates (mine is 2/17) been pretty accurate?

I'm actually in for a pair OP. In your experience, have your expected shipping dates (mine is 2/17) been pretty accurate?

They are not accurate at all. Could be three days, could be two months.

You're better off trying to get them in store tomorrow if you can. The same discounts apply.

Back