lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Sunrise Earth: Alaska Blu-ray

Sale Price: $4.97
List Price: $24.95
You Save: $19.98 80% OFF

description From http://store.discovery.com/

"

he Sunrise Earth Alaska Blu-ray brings you to some of the world's most dazzling early-morning spots. Meet the amazing creatures and natural phenomena that greet the dawn in beautiful Alaska. The Sunrise Earth Blu Ray, available here exclusively, captures glimpses of the waking world that you can enjoy at any hour.

The Sunrise Earth Alaska Blu Ray disc lets you enjoy a tranquil journey at dawn into the unique landscapes of Alaska — the last frontier. From quiet beaches to breathtaking glaciers, meet the enchanting residents who can be found greeting each day's first light. Sunrise Earth Blu Ray begins with:

KATMAI BEARS
After seven months of hibernation, the world's largest population of brown bears is ready for some sun in the Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska. In this nature Blu Ray DVD, they begin the morning in the meadow, but as the sun rises and the tide goes out, the bears dig for clams in the flats.

VOLCANO LAGOON
Under the shadow of Alaska's Augustine Volcano, a perfect cone that last erupted in 1986, a tidal lagoon fills and empties with the tides. This is a land where the earth quakes about every 30 sunrises, yet nearby harbor seals are nonplussed. The wildlife Blu Ray DVD continues with:

HOMER TAKEOFF
In the days after the summer solstice, red-necked grebes tend their nests in Beluga Lake near Homer, Alaska. Ground fog drifts past the birds and shoreline floatplanes awaiting their day's load. As the sun appears, the fog lifts. The Sunrise Earth Alaska Blu Ray disc concludes with:

GLACIER OF KENAI FJORDS
Perched in the dawn hours along the terminal moraine of Kenai Fjords National Park's largest tidewater glacier are blue icebergs flowing toward the sea. Scattered on the jet-black beach are other bergs broken under the pressure of a four-mile river of ice.

Buy the Sunrise Earth Alaska Blu Ray disc and enjoy rare footage and stunning glimpses of the waking world."

http://store.discovery.com/sunrise-...ail.php?p=86834&v=discovery_sale_black-friday

This makes a great gift for those who have a vacation trip to Alaska on their bucket list. Thanks, grabbed a few!

Actually, I got trolled by Discovery. ;(
This isn't a documentary as I assumed before I bought. It's like a "fireplace" DVD, sights and sounds. Watch the trailer before you buy.

Yeah, the Sunrise Earth series is basically all montages and such...not that that's a bad thing, but it can probably be construed as misadvertising. I went ahead and snagged one, though the $5 shipping was a minor wrinkle.

Careful, reviews claim that the video quality is horrendous and full of artifacts. Considering it's a "fireplace" as Thuleman mentioned, you'd think the quality would be the best feature.

You live a life of pixelation and compression??

I wasn't even satisfied with Planet Earth when that came out on Blu-Ray. You would think they'd be the top of the line blu-rays to watch as far as quality.

Back