[Hot] : Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD $164.99 - NO REBATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiShKaBoB

Gawd
Okay, link blocked.. it's at NClX - free shipping. Killing thread. Goodluck

26711195.jpg

Last edited:
If you can't get the link to work, you should give some indication of where to find it.

It's at NClX - if it's blocked from this forum, I suppose I shouldn't be posting it here. Asking mod's to kill this thread. That would be "n.c.i.x".. not sure why it is blocked.

Last edited:
I was gonna grab, but it seems many newer sandforce drives are going cheap... Has me suspicious.... Did they ever solve that bsod issue?

I was gonna grab, but it seems many newer sandforce drives are going cheap... Has me suspicious.... Did they ever solve that bsod issue?

never had any issues with my hyperX since day one so I guess it all depends on the manufacturer. Plus these drives go for 240 typically. I was going to pickup another one up and raid but I do not like the fact I will be losing TRIM to do so.

It's at NClX - if it's blocked from this forum, I suppose I shouldn't be posting it here. Asking mod's to kill this thread. That would be "n.c.i.x".. not sure why it is blocked.
There's no good reason (consumer wise), just some personal communication issues regarding advertising on [H] or something like that. The company itself is fine and reputable, shopped there many times myself, no drama. :)

I picked up a Crucial M4 instead though, as it seems everyone and their mother is having problems with the SF-2281. Being crazy fast is nice, but not if its a prima donna and constantly throwing fits.

I picked up 2 of the M4's before I saw this deal, and 2 of these after I saw this deal.. I'm going to be having some fun testing next week.

I picked up 2 of the M4's before I saw this deal, and 2 of these after I saw this deal.. I'm going to be having some fun testing next week.
"I'm rich, bitch!"

Must be nice. Why are you rolling doubles though? Is there really a need for RAID when they are this fast, and you lose TRIM?

Kingston is slow to roll out firmwares too IIRC, so chances are you might be BSODing randomly. And that is the reason for the price drop IMO, as word is spreading fast that these drives have "the AIDS", so no one wants to touch them.

I sell the parts I don't use, and the parts I retire.. so not really rich.. planning to do the same in this case. I reformat my PC at least once a year, I'll trim the SSD's at that time. Have been running 2x 160gb X25m's in RAID 0 for a couple years and I haven't noticed any slowdown in performance.. but mainly doing that because the write speed is somewhat slow on a single 160X25m.

"I'm rich, bitch!"

Must be nice. Why are you rolling doubles though? Is there really a need for RAID when they are this fast, and you lose TRIM?

Kingston is slow to roll out firmwares too IIRC, so chances are you might be BSODing randomly. And that is the reason for the price drop IMO, as word is spreading fast that these drives have "the AIDS", so no one wants to touch them.
on the crucial drives; GC works like a dream and keeps the drives up to speed
I am not familiar with sandforce drives, but I'm guessing that they have some sort of GC as well; when run in raid. drives in raid still have their benefits compared to single drives.

I have heard good things about this drive, but haven't done my homework on it. I used to have an older sandforce drive that never gave me any issues.
This definitely seems like a great deal. Might have to try one and compare it to my c300/M4's

Sandforce GC is much more aggressive, so on a nonTRIM system (used to matter for Macs before one of their OS updates), then Sandforce is king, I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back