How can I get to the max res in Need For Speed: Underground 2?

4keatimj

[H]ard|Gawd
I dunno where to put this one, I'm guessing its here but mods, please move if you think otherwise.

I've been getting back into Need For Speed: Underground 2 recently, having not tried it with my new setup (6600GT, 19"LCD, Logitech Cordless MXDuo), only to find I'm stuck at 1024x768 res as the maximum; I cannot get beyond that res. I think I may have tried it before I got my new monitor, but I can't remember for sure. Now I know that it can get up to 1600x1200, and I want it to play at my monitors native res (1280x1024). How can I get it, if possible, beyond that resolution?

If it helps, the monitors plugged into the vid card via the DVI-out. I have the latest drivers for everything, and I'm trying the patch for it tonight. Any ideas to get to 1280x1024?

roninblade said:
r u sure you monitor can even go that high?
Yeah, I'm running at 1280x1024 res in Windows and other games. I dunno about 1600x1200, I guess it could but. I just wanna get NFS:U2 going at 1280x1024. Any ideas?

Try editing the cfg file w/ the new settings.. I don't know the location of the file.. I"m stuck at work (lunch). Just change the setting in the file and see if it works .. if not change it back :p

Thanks, I'll give that one a go. I talked to a friend at work, he said it may be the fact that the monitor is connected to the DVI out, it may be preventing it from going higher than that. I'll give both of those a go.

Do you have the latest patches installed for the game?? I usually run my games @ 1600x1200, but when I first installed the game I didn't have the option for anything but 1024x768. Installed the patch, and got it to 1600x1200.

azzkikur said:
Do you have the latest patches installed for the game?? I usually run my games @ 1600x1200, but when I first installed the game I didn't have the option for anything but 1024x768. Installed the patch, and got it to 1600x1200.
Hmmm, I might give that a go.

I'm sure that I've run it at higher res than that before... o well, as soon as I get home tonight (another 4 hours or so), i'll give all of those ideas a go.

Cheers

Back