How hard to put on a Ninja?

Asian Dub Foundation

Supreme [H]ardness
as thread said. im looking to pick up 2 for my dualie (can't stand the noise of Zalman CSNP7000s anymore) and wanted to see other user's opinion

Based on what I have garnered from previous posters regarding the Ninja, the trick is to secure opposing diagonal corners in lieu of one complete side then the other.

While the Ninja is a great cooler, you may want to examine the Scythe Mine as it seems to be an easier install.

Mine test data

Good luck.

i cant seem to install my ninja. Its freaking hard. I got the back plate on no prob no its just getting them damn clips. I bet several fins trying to force push it down. Im not even worried about my AS5 being even anymore. I just want to see if i can fit it then try again.

anyone got tips? i've try both in the case, out the case, one side first, all even at once.....

very easy as long as u have room to move your hands around. otherwise your gonna come out with a bloody hand

i dont understand? i got mine on in under a minute. just clip one corner, then the opposite corner, then the other two.

how did u do it? The damn clips never seem to reach the holes. I see your on s939 so it should be same.

*edit i got so pissed off i straight manhandled it and i heard a snap..... :rolleyes:

nothing broke and its attached :p

you can't just push the clips straight down. kind of push down and then rotate in.

It took me 4 hours to put it on... first i was using the wrong screws... when i finally got the screws right it still wont fit. I had to call my dad to help me.. I guess its easy like everyone here is saying, the diagonal way. Didn't think of that because i was so frustrated :p

If you think INSTALLING the Ninja is a PITA, wait until you TRY and UNINSTALL it :D

Great. This is what I bought and will install this weekend.

Hell I even had trouble getting a TT Volcano in Socket A. Although I do remember it being pretty easy the first time when I had the motherboard tray out, the last time when I was replacing my Artic Silver, I tried to do it without taking the motherboard out and boy that was a mistake.

I will have the motherboard out when I attach the Ninja of course, learned my lesson.

Back