How heavy is the accelero s2?

TopGun

Gawd
I was just wondering because I was planning on getting one for my 8600
but I have never changed the heatsink on a graphics card before. Hoping
the accelero isn't too heavy for the card :/

btw - is it easy to install a gfx card hsf?

Thanks
-TopGun

the s1 is 290 grams
the s2 is 202 grams

i'd recommend getting the s1 since it has better results and wont weigh a lot more. installation is really easy, all you need to so is unscrew the stock heatsink, usually can be done by hand. and then line up the new one and screw it in with the provided screws. 4 total.

take 5 minutes to all this

The weight shouldn't be an issue. I installed the S1 on my 7900GS recently and have no concerns. For one, the S1 bolts through the PCB, which is quite secure. Second, the included plastic clips support the S1 along the front edge of the PCB (they're kinda tricky to install, but I think the added support is worth it). And third, the card itself is well supported by both the PCI-E slot and the fact that it's bolted to the chassis via the PCI braket.

Whatever you choose to go with, be sure to measure your chassis first for clearance. With the S1 on my 7900GS I measured ~140mm from the PCI-E slot to the front edge of the S1.

Yeah - the S1 is super light. Granted, the S2 is lighter, but neither are heavy. Especially compared to the stock cooler (which probably weighs 4 times as much).

I recommend the S1 - I have my card running at 720/1000 passively and temps never get above 60C under load. Ridiculous!

Back