How I silenced my noisy gaming rig

jaffy

[H] Custodian
ZOMG, WHERE IS THE COMPUTER??

omg4yx.jpg

It's in the attic :)

pa2101025di.jpg

Its been getting cooler outside, and I was geting annoyed by the loud noise of the 80mm PCP&C 510d & UPS cooling fan, so I came up with a "cool" solution :) When the door is closed, there is total silence. Finally, peace & quiet :) Temps also went down, especially at night! Right now, the P4 [email protected] is running at a nice 41C, and the attic temp is 21C.

*Now I just need longer cables so I can turn the case around to make swapping cds easier..

Nice! I wish I had an attic like that. Still thinking to somehow route hoses to an outside radiator through my window though ...

room temp in my house is 28c right now my cpu temp is 33c ive got an xp90c
door on on the case
in the winter time here in ky i like to open my window when it snows to see how cold i can get everything

True, rigs should be seen and not heard.. But I'd rather not hear mine than see it :p

Wait.. did that make sense? :confused:

nice setup :cool:

what sound card are you using with your swans and whats that silver box (dac?) on your desk?

Your comment contradicts itself..

But when you're dealing with CD's, DVD's -- you kinda get screwed over when your comp is all the way in the attic.

heero884 said:
what sound card are you using with your swans and whats that silver box on your desk?
Using a modded EMU-0404 (Output caps bypassed & opamps swapped with AD-8620s). The silver box is a PPA headphone amp built by the Computer Audio section moderator, MisterX :) Great guy..

Hot Sauce said:
But when you're dealing with CD's, DVD's -- you kinda get screwed over when your comp is all the way in the attic.
I definately agree, but the removal of the fan noise was definately worth it. Next step is to order some cable extensions from Ebay so I can turn the case around :)

Hot Sauce said:
Your comment contradicts itself..
Sorry, its Friday night, and I've had a few too many :p My bad.

Just get a USB cd-rom and an extension cable.

Back