how is this for sff lol

pharoah

Limp Gawd
this really isnt considered sff i know,but the size of this thing is tiny wow.just got a new acer aspire one.it is a fantastic little machine it is extremely light weight.the screen is totally awsome to be so small.the clarity,and brightness of it are almost unbelievable.only real beef i have with it is the ssd.the ssd drive is a bit on the slow side.it came with linpus lite linux i didnt care for it,so i installed xp.

i think we need to make a new category sff laptops.:D

100_0572.jpg

honestly its not bad except for the solid state disc.the write speed of the ssd is a bit slow.otherwise it performs decently.it has the intel atom 1.6ghz cpu.for now it only has 512mb of ram.ive done ordered a stick of memory for it.it will soon have 1.5gb of ram that should be a decent boost.with a regular style hard drive it would be decently fast for what it is.running programs has some speed,but installing things is slow.

The drive is very small, so replacing it with a HDD is going to be fairly expensive and not much if any faster than the SSD.

yeah i watched a video where someone replaced one.it takes a 1.8 inch drive it would be a bit faster,but overall i agree not much faster.

Perhaps you could find a faster SSD. Some of those get really good speeds, I think single layer NAND SSD or something like that.... I don't know too much about flash memory.

Perhaps you could find a faster SSD. Some of those get really good speeds, I think single layer NAND SSD or something like that.... I don't know too much about flash memory.

You're talking about spending 3x+ as much on the SSD as he did on the machine as a whole. Seems kind of counter-intuitive. ;)

Take the drive from an ipod, them things are crap, they can't play doom without messing with them a lot.

Then put your music on it.

i probably will get a faster one later on.honestly though its performance is decent.

You're talking about spending 3x+ as much on the SSD as he did on the machine as a whole. Seems kind of counter-intuitive. ;)

Yeah but if he's fine with it now, SSD prices will drop like a stone in the future. They already have, it's just a matter of time before they're reasonable, and that's when I'll switch over :)

Yeah but if he's fine with it now, SSD prices will drop like a stone in the future. They already have, it's just a matter of time before they're reasonable, and that's when I'll switch over :)

thats exactly what im thinking.wait for em to be a bit more reasonable then get a faster one.

how does it stack up to an asus eee pc?

not really sure ive never tried an eee.that being said ive obviously not done any benching of it yet either.it has decent performance im posting this,and watching a dvd movie.i do have my external monitor hooked to it a 22 inch samsung.i was watching movies last night while installing programs,and only had one skip in the movie.installing yahoo messenger made it happen.installing winamp,firefox,adaware,spybot,and several other programs.it never skipped only when installing messenger,even then only one minor skip.

Too small - the difference between 8.9 and 10 is noticeable. Went to a local NCIX store last week or so and they had 10 inch eeepcs and 9 inchers, had to squint for the 9 but 10 was bearable. The Acer looks like crap imo - black bezel doesn't match anything else and that giant gap in between is uglier in person. Not to mention the horrible mouse clicker placement - one to the left of the touchpad; other to the right.

Pretty nice looking machine there. Would love to have one of those to replace the laptop I'm lugging around.

how does it stack up to an asus eee pc?

people who own both on the Eee user forum generally agree the Eee 901 is better, but the AspireOne is cheaper.

I m sure people on the Acer forum would say the Eee is slightly worse =P

Back