How is WHS as a "normal" OS?

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
If I turn my second machine into a WHS machine, would it still be useful on that extremely rare occasion that my wife wants to surf/check email/facebook in my office with me?

FYI, the internet explorer in WHS has some severe security enabled by default. You'd have to turn that off for it to be usable for day-to-day web surfing.

Just remember that all your data is on that machine......So depending on how tech savvy and "internet smart" she is should also be a factor. My wife doesnt know nor care to know anything about computers other than to check email, and hit facebook once in a while. Theres no way in HE77 shes gonna go web surfing on 8 Tb of data. Unfortunately, if I let her and heard "Whoops" I dont think the state prosecutors would understand why I had to choke her:D

You could also give her her own VMWared OS on the box. Safe playground and "whoops" protection.

A VM would definitely be a good option, I've used my HP 485 as a host for virtual server 2005 and it will run a VM "ok", so if the specs are better than that I think that would be the best/safest/easiest option.

Back