How loud is your 6800GT?

I have the XFX GT and is fairly quiet although I don't have anything to compare it to. Even whan playing games its hardly noticable.

I went from a VGA silencer, and its really too loud for me. I cant wait for the nvidia VAG silencer.

My XFX 6800GT is much louder than my previous 9700Pro, but it's easy to tolerate. Even so, I'm getting a Waterchill KT12A-L30 kit to take the noise away and get the temperatures lower. :)

I replaced my Radeon 9800pro with the PNY card and it actually sounds quieter...

Can't really hear it over the single case fan and power supply fan in my Shuttle. I can hear it on boot, but when the driver loads it quiets down a lot. I only use headphones, so I'm not really sure how loud it gets as it heats up, but I never notice any extra noise when I stop playing.

i have the GT cooler on my NU and i love it so much i dont care how loud it is, but i really cant hear it over 4 case fans and 2 PSU fans

My 3 hard drives drown out the sound of the 6800GT. It's not loud, but it's not nearly silent, either.

|MaguS| said:
I replaced my Radeon 9800pro with the PNY card and it actually sounds quieter...

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, replacing my 9800pro with a GT. Did you see some nice performance gains by making the switch?

if i recieved a performance goin from going 9800 pro to 6800NU, a GT will be far better

no offense, but do you have a hearing aid or something? Maybe you have a lot of noisy fans or something

It's not even close to quiet but most people have so many case fans going and background noise that they may not notice. It's *much* louder than my X800 Pro with AC VGA Silencer and louder by a good margin over the stock cooler. It drove me nuts but again I understand the concept of quiet.

If you guys can hear your 6800's that much then there is something wrong. I have 4 fans in my case, and I cannot hear my Ultra at all. It runs 51c / 72c @ full load.

i only ran my gt for 1 day on stock cooler before i mounted my waterblock on it.
i was going to do it longer but i couldnt stand all the high whiney fan noise.

in comparison i couldnt even hear my raptor running over it. its about twice as loud as my 9800p ever was. it sounded almost exactly like when i put a cd rom in and it spins up to high speed.

i like a system that doesnt make more then a low hum, a few hard drives and few low speed 120mm fans.

so far as peformance upgrade from 9800p-gt i instantly noticed a huge difference in opengl games. call of duty ran easily 2-3 times faster. but other then far cry which i get sick of playing i dont have any other games that ever really pushed my 9800p

Back