How many dead pixels do you have?

Filtrator

Limp Gawd
Hey,

Received my Dell laptop couple of days ago, and found 1 dead pixel on it, it's in the upper right corner but still, it's like buying a new car with a scratch.

I thought of calling Dell about it but I'm kinda hesitant, with all that hassle waiting for an engineer and all that crap.

Looked at my other laptop while I was at it and found it has 2 dead pixels there aswell that I've never notified before(it had one noticeable stuck pixel when first received it but I managed to remove it)

I was wondering what's the situation with all of you, do you have dead pixels? can you ignore them? cause when I look at the screen, I can't help looking up at that corner, kinda annoying.

I have one dead pixel, and I never notice it unless I'm actively looking for it.

When I got one of my Benq's, I saw a dead pixel towards the upper left and it bugged the hell outta me! I tried the pixel massage (I think that's what it is called? :confused: ) and it thankfully got the pixel out, other wise my monitors are pixel-dead free. :D
It just depends where it is located or if you are that OCD to really care about it. As for me, I can't stand dead pixels. :mad:

Ive got a 22in, 19in, and a 15in. all are dead pixel free. The 19in seemed to have a white stuck pixel, but after about 2 days, it came out

22" monitor I had a long time ago had like.. 1/4 dead of 1 pixel (strange, isn't it?) -- it was so small that pretty much nobody saw it. I happened to catch about 3 of these by just quickly looking at it...and even the person I sold my monitor to couldn't find them.

I must have like bionic eyes or something. o_o

And for a 1ms/2ms gaming monitor like that (it was some Samgsung 22" BW monitor or something), I could still detect ghosting. LCD monitors are total crap compared to CRTs when it comes to gaming -- there isn't a single LCD monitor in today's existence where I cannot detect obvious ghosting (that's just how retard detail sharp my biological "video card" is).

I've been trying for a month to get a decent monitor. I've returned 6 (yes) and three had one stuck pixel. Of of those three (an HP w2007) had several dead pixels on top of that.

I ordered an Asus PG221H since it has a "zero bright dot" warranty for one year (in addition to the regular 3 year). I figured if they have that kind of a warranty (which only Eizo has a similar I believe) some must be checking them before they go in the box. That and a $100 rebate will bring it down to $239.99. :)

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2220&l1=10&l2=89&l3=550&l4=0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236042

Yes, I gambled and ordered it from Newegg.com. I figured with that warranty I can say "screw you" to them and their stupid 8 pixel return policy.

SIX loooong years I've had this monitor. Til' this very day .... haven't seen one dead pilgri.....m.

Of course bein' a CRT s(hew)rley helps.

Zero on the TV being used as a monitor.

Several have died on the laptop, but it's a few years old now...

Hm, I must've purchased upwards of 10 LCDs since when 15"s cost more than some 24"s do today.

ZERO deal pixels so far :D

I've had one green subpixel on my 18'' samsung (181T) that cost as much as the 30'' dell i'm using now back than. (the pixel was too far in the corner to be a problem)
Non on the ~10 other displays... but I might have not searched enough to notice new ones. :)
But there was some dirt in a 19'' Sony G400 CRT that looked like a dead pixel.

I have purchased 4 LCDs (Acer x 2, Samsung x 2) and got 0 dead pixels. One pixel was stuck in my current monitor but that was fairly easy to get working again. I test my monitors for dead/stuck pixels with dead pixel buddy.

Zero dead pixels for my LCD monitors.

- 6 year old Planar PX191
- 11 month old NEC LCD2690WUXi

Return it, Dell notebooks are known to be amongs the most expensive. I'v recently bought 17" HP notebook for my GF and not a single dead pixel.

0 Deal Pixels On My LCD / Plasma Devices

47" Vizio Plasma
24" Soyo Monitor
22" Dell
22" Insigina TV
15.4 HP Laptop

but my dell i did buy brand new , i belive it was the 1420 model? , had a few dead pixels - it pissed me off i returned it

My old NEC LCD1770GX and my new HP LP2475w are both dead pixel free, I believe. I'm not going to start looking for them intensely, but I can't see any defects on a white background.

ZERO on my LG 22" widescreen, but it's my second one. The first one I got from Best Buy had one dead pixel out of the box near the middle of the screen. I returned it and tried another one, and the second one is PERFECT. :)

Return it, Dell notebooks are known to be amongs the most expensive. I'v recently bought 17" HP notebook for my GF and not a single dead pixel.

Eh? The Vostro line, in the UK at least, are probably the cheapest monitors for the specs you can get. £600 (ex vat) for a C2D, 2gigs of ram and 1920x1200 screen :eek:

A little update...

Well, I called Dell, they sent the "engineer" to replace the screen for me, the laptop got opened up and now it's got scratches and plastic is bent around the places screwdriver was used, like under the rubber "feet" on the screen, one of the rudder feet doesn't sit well...... what a bad lucky damn it, I'm very disappointed in this, I feel like my laptop has been used for 2 years instead of 3 weeks.

37" Vizio 720p display
22" Gateway
19" Princeton -- retired
17" HP -- retired
14.1" Dell notebooks x2

With all these displays, I don't have any dead pixels. The 19" and the 17" have been retired and just sit in the closet with no use. The 19" has 2 stuck pixels in the mid left top of the screen, they never bothered me unless I looked for them.

22" chimei 1 dead
22" out of buisiness brand 1 dead
22" acer 0 dead
24" westing house 0 dead

2405fpw:
Stuck pixels = 0
Dead pixels = 0
Linked pixel = 1

The linked pixel turns shades of red based on the color of the row of pixels under it and can only be seen when the linked pixel surrounded in black. I didn't see the pixel for 8 months and still I've only noticed it twice and I've had it for 4 years.

LCD2490: 1 dead sub-pixel, glows red on a pure black screen. Doesn't show on muted colors. Can't see it watching movies/tv. You'd have to have at least 5 of these grouped together for NEC to consider replacing it, if I remember correctly.

Well, I called Dell, they sent the "engineer" to replace the screen for me, the laptop got opened up and now it's got scratches and plastic is bent around the places screwdriver was used, like under the rubber "feet" on the screen, one of the rudder feet doesn't sit well......

Wow, now it definitely sounds like a "return" to me. Is sending one of their monkeys to replace the screen really cheaper than the two-way shipping for a replacement (for them, I mean)?

Back