How much of an upgrade is going from Dell 2005FPW to E2200HD ?

neveral0ne

Weaksauce
Will I see better quality / sharpness / image production / gaming if I upgrade ?

Also I know its probably not a huge screen upgrade 20.5 vs 22 , but I care about the quality, since I will get two E2200HD's .

Here are the specs for my Dell 2005FPW I just want to know how much of a increase can I expect in quality / everything.

Monitor Type Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
Size 20.1 inch
Contrast Ratio 600:1
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Max. Resolution 1680 x 1050
Brightness 300 cd/m²
Color Depth 24-bit (16.7M Colors)
Viewable Picture Size 20.1 in.
Connectivity
Digital Video Input Standard DVI-D
Technical Features
Form Factor Desktop
Resolutions supported 1680 x 1050
Max. Viewing Angle - Horizontal 176
Max. Viewing Angle - Vertical 176
Regulatory Approval FCC Class B • CE • BSMI • TUV GS • C-Tick • CCC • Energy Star • GOST-R • NEMKO • PSB • SASO • TCO-99 • TUV-ERGO • TUV-S
Dimensions
Height 15.3 in.
Width 18.6 in.
Depth 9 in.
Weight 17.64 lb.
Miscellaneous
Power Consumption 75 Watt
Other Features 4 Ports USB Hub • VESA External Mounting
Exterior Color Gray
Platform PC

Image quality will be worse. The 2005FPW is a IPS panel, and I'm pretty sure the BenQ is a TN.

So what will be better ? If anything...

Also is this worth upgrading to ? Or should I wait , or get a different monitor ?

I would get the FP241WV ...but I hate the nasty disgusting cover it has all around.

Here is additional information from the Dell website; I dont know if the viewing angle is the same as the specs i have above, up there its 176 now its 88 ...so I dont know if its the same or they added both ....

Viewing angle +/- 88° (vertical) typ, +/- 88° (horizontal) typ

Faceplate coating Antiglare with hard-coating 3
Backlight CCFL (6) edgelight system
Response Time 12ms typical (Grey to Grey) / 16ms typical (Black to White)

Most 20" IPS monitors have been discontinued, but not replaced. They only widescreen 20" IPS that I know of is as Apple's, and it is $599.

I am quite picky though, you may like the BenQ.
Most of the monitor specifications that retailers give you are worthless, except size and resolution.

hard the beat the "old" dell 20 inchers and they still command some good money

We have two 2001FPs and two 2005FPWs in our house thanks to me. I love em!

So would it be an upgrade for me regardless?

I need 2 monitors...either 2x 22 or 2x 24 inches......I cant have all my stocks on 1 screenlol

No, it wouldn't. If you want a screen of equivalent quality, you'll have to get a 24 or 26 incher.

If it's just for work then yes. Higher pixel density is something you would benefit from right?

I dont know whether I should dual E2200HD or V2400W , w

hich one gives better picture colors / image crispiness / fonts clarity ?

So going to which monitor, from 2005FPW is NOT a downgrade ?

I need 2 monitors... 22 inch or 24 inch...must display images / fonts clearly / crisp gaming is 2nd

There aren't really that many monitors these days that ARENT a downgrade from a 2005FPW...

Maybe I can suggest looking at your local craigslist to see if anyone other 2005FPW are on sale and grab maybe 2 for a tri monitor setup. I can find a few locally on the bay area from $100-$200 but YMMV

I know I will enjoy my tri-setup with 3 20WMGX2's which are equivalent to the 2005FPW...

So going to which monitor, from 2005FPW is NOT a downgrade ?

I need 2 monitors... 22 inch or 24 inch...must display images / fonts clearly / crisp gaming is 2nd

Dell 2007FP (with serial ending with 'L')(20" 1600x1200), more pixels, a lot less scroll, 150 pixels more vertical and only 80 less horizontal.

Or HP LP2475w as 24" It has a little inputlag, but a lot less then the 3008WFP.

Or just get a 2nd 2005FPW from eBay or so.

Or two 2007WFP if you can find them. (with serial ending with 'L')

There might be some good NECs.

Just pony up twice the cash. That's why I don't know much about them, besides that NEC isn't very know in Europe.

But even then: 20" wide IPS is death afaik.

Back