How much would you pay for a X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Seems like a hell of a card whats a good price?

A Xtreme Music will give you the same sound quality with less price. The only difference is the X-Ram and not all games will benefit from it. The price difference shouldn't be much.

Glow said:
Seems like a sound card ,,, whats a good price?
You asked for my opinion.
I'm at a point in my life where I don't need a new sound card for my main computer, so it would have to go on sale for like, 20$ for me to recommend it to my dad or even consider putting it in one of my spare computers.

pain.angel said:
honestly, about $100. EAX 4 and the front panel are the only compelling features.

You mean EAX 5 and no front panel? The fatality pro has no front panel.

The only difference between this one and the Xtrememusic is the X-ram and to me the X-ram isnt worth spending even an extra $10 over the Xtrememusic. Right now the staggering list of games that utilize the X-ram are Quake 4, BF2 and BF2142. Ive said it before and ill say it again the X-ram is not worth anything even in games that support it theres no real world boost.

The Extremgamer version has no front panel. My original version Fatal1ty Pro has the front panel.

BBA said:
The Extremgamer version has no front panel. My original version Fatal1ty Pro has the front panel.

You sure it was the Fatality Pro? the Pros are new and have no front panel where as the standart Fatality (FPS?) does have the front panel.

Well, It is the Fatal1ty, most people refer to it as FPS but I do not see FPS on anything, just Fatal1ty.

But, after looking at creatives product pages, I see where your coming from.

Just out of curiously, does the Fatal1ty also have the better DAC's that the elite has, or is it only the X-Ram?

Glow said:
Seems like a hell of a card whats a good price?

That has entirely too many addons to its name. I wouldn't buy that for that sole reason. X-Fi Xtreme Music just rolls of the tongue much better.

X-fi Fatality XtremeGamer Elite Pro Music is a hell of mouthful :p

pfunkman said:
Elite pro? Im not sure if thats what you meant but they are actually the same card just different breakout boxes.

I believe that to be incorrect. I distinctly remember hearing on multiple occasions that hte Elite Pro had better DAC's. Whether it was true or not, I don't know, but I have heard it on more than one occasion.

Viper87227 said:
I believe that to be incorrect. I distinctly remember hearing on multiple occasions that hte Elite Pro had better DAC's. Whether it was true or not, I don't know, but I have heard it on more than one occasion.

You know what thats right i remember reading something in Max PC not that long ago i forgot all about it.

Just dug it out and pretty much all it says about it is it has a slightly higher SNR than the rest of the X-fi's. (Max PC juat aint what they used to be :( )

Back