how to remove Zalman VF900Cu??

devil01

n00b
i recently bought a used 7800Gt, which arrived with a broken capacitor. Now i have a Zalman cooler with ram sinks installed. I have to remove that and install the stock HSF. How should i remove the sink and install the stock?I am a comeplete n00bie in this field.I need help....:(

qqpky8.jpg

To remove the ram sinks, just grab them between thumb and forefinger, and twist..they make take a little effort, but they'll come off.

For the cooler itself, the easiest way to remove it is to remove the screws on the the backside...first the two that hold the spring clip in place, then once the spring clip is off, remove the two that go through the holes in the board.

Once the two on the back are removed, you can just lift straight up on the cooler and it should come off with a little bit of force.

Then screw the last two screws into the cooler side, and then reattach the spring clip to that, so you don't loose any screws while waiting for your card to be fixed.

Once that's done, it'll be pretty obvious how the stock HSF mounts, and hopefully you still have the original screws.

thanks for the help. just removed Zalman. i wanted to know are there any thermal pads or anything between the card and the stock HSF? (apart from thermal grease)

if the cooler covers the ram, it most probably has pads between the sink and ram.

Are you trying to fix it and put the single slot cooler back on to use it? Or are you going to try and RMA it? :mad:

Back