HP LP2465 <-- Is it better than Dell 2407?

diefathin

Weaksauce
HP LP2465 (widescreen) has a 24 inch 6 ms (g2g) S-PVA (Samsung LTM240M2) panel.

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Manufacturer Part # EF224A8#ABA
Cost Central Item # K37014
Product Description Smart Buy 24in Lcd 1920x1200 60hz Lp2465 Carbonite/silver 2 Dvi
Device Type Flat panel display / TFT active matrix
Color ( the image may represent the product of a different color )
Approximate Dimensions (WxDxH) 19.7 in x 9.1 in x 21.8 in
Approximate Weight 23.6 lbs
Localization English / United States
Diagonal Size 24"
Dot Pitch / Pixel Pitch 0.27 mm
Max Resolution 1920 x 1200 / 60 Hz
Color Support 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
Response Time 8 ms
Image Brightness 500 cd/m2
Image Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Interface DVI
Compliant Standards Plug and Play, TCO '03, CE, MPR II, CSA, UL, TUV, VCCI, BSMI, PC 99, EPA Energy Star, GS, ISO 13406-2, NOM, CCC, TUV Ergo, MIC, FCC
Power AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Power Consumption Operational 75 Watt
Manufacturer Warranty 3 years warranty

$712US after rebate + free shipping

Can you post some pics if you are the owner
or you had more review .

Thanks

The image quality appears to be the same, according to the panel specs. This 24" panel is also a PVA panel, made by Samsung---although it might be just a few months newer. Nothing Dell can't introduce in Revision A03 or A04.

The Dell one has so many features. If you find the features to be useful, you might want the Dell. Also, a powerful 14-watt speaker pair can be attached to the Dell for just an extra $20, and it's awesome, man! The bass is amazing for such small speakers. It's marvellous! Right now, my Dell 2405FPW looks like it has balls--big balls, man!

The multimedia card reader, and everything.. nice component input jacks, composite, S-video, plus 4 USB 2.0 ports, and a self-powered port that supports an output of 14 Watts RMS for these cool-looking speakers.

I'm keeping and enjoying it for now, as I always enjoy my computer stuff. I always have over the last 10+ years. Keep happy!

I'd say don't buy LP2465. I just got mine (v.1.0.6, manufactured sept. 06) yesterday and it has this annoying stuttering+tearing problem that lots of other people have witnessed too. Google for LP2465 stuttering if you wanna know more. To me it seems very likely that all (or almost all) the monitors of this model are having the same issue.

I called the local (Finland) HP support, but they didn't know about the problem. They're sending me a replacement (which I'll get tomorrow if they have it in stock) but I'm not convinced at all that I will be getting a working monitor, although I made it very, very clear not to send a new one if it has the same issue.

I mainly bought it because it has working 1:1 pixel mapping and fixed aspect ratio scaling, and didn't want to wait for Dell, Benq etc. to update their models. Well, mapping and scaling seem to be working fine, and otherwise I'm very pleased with the monitor except for the stutter. Though this is my first TFT so it's hard to say anything about picture quality and stuff like that.

edit: LOL, I didn't realize I was replying to an old thread (I was searching for info on this issue). Well anyway, sorry.

Back