HP ZR22w

Kuwi

n00b
I bought a used one on amazon, but even at 100 it still isn't all that bright. Is this normal for this monitor?

I just picked one of these up from Newegg, and had to kick the brightness down from default (100) - have mine on 50 right now.

This is a pro level S-IPS monitor, so don't expect the typical "overblown" look of the colors that are common with lower-end models. Most of those are bright as hell, but color reproduction is bottom of the barrel. There is a big difference between brightness and overexposed image.

The ZR22w IS CCFL backlit, though; so if yours has a lot of heavy usage; it is conceivable that the backlight tube has seen better days.

Could anyone comment on the max refresh rate you're able to get out of this monitor at its default resolution (1920x1080)? Macmall is having a sale on these, and the price is compelling enough that I'm thinking of grabbing one even though I'd prefer a 1920x1200 resolution.

The specs on HP's site say the vertical refresh can go up to 76Hz, though it seems to say it can't get that high at 1920x1080. Has anyone been able to hit 72Hz at its default?

I'm going to bump this thread because i came upon something strange.

Here is the HP ZR22w 22" LCD Monitor, it costs 300 €
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/HP-ZR22w-22-LCD-Monitor/4851117/product.html#none

But now here is the HP Performance ZR22w 21.5" LCD Monitor, and it's only 180€
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...D-Monitor-16-9-8-ms/4824018/product.html#none

From the prad.de review, this screen is great

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2011/review-hp-zr22w.html

But i wondered what's up with the two screen above? What's the difference?

ok thanks

i'll buy this screen, i heard many good things about it
but more opinions is better
if anyone here got one, and could give their feedback on it, it would be great

Initially i was going for the lg IPS226v

I just got this monitor, 'upgraded' from a Soyo Topaz S that was on its last legs. I say 'upgraded' because I went down to 1920x1080 from 1920x1200. But the HP is better built, has more input options, a proper adjustable stand, and a better screen, so its still an upgrade really. Text and images are really sharp, by virtue of cramming so many pixels in such a comparatively small space. The anti-glare coating is sparkly, but I really don't mind that at all as I prefer anti-glare to mirror. Gaming on it seems good. I don't notice any input lag. I mostly play Arkham Asylum and Darksiders nowadays on my PC, and I'm not a hardcore multiplayer.

My biggest complaints are the fact that HP says this monitor is S-IPS on its product specifications, so I thought it was 8-bit. It wasn't until I did some actual research before buying that I found out it was 6-bit e-IPS (I wound up buying the monitor anyway, so I guess this isn't really a complaint). My second is the presence of a yellowish tint on the left hand side of the screen. However, over the 2 weeks that I've had it the tint seems to have faded gradually (that, or my eyes are getting used to it, which may not be a good thing?). Its possible that proper color calibration (which I haven't done at all) would fix this problem.

One of these days I'll go back to 1920x1200 or up to 2560x1600, but I still think this was a great purchase in the interim.

king, where did you see that it's a 6bit eips?

i might just get the ips226V then

I figured this might be of interest to anyone who's running this monitor:

I just upgraded my system a bit, particularly I added an EVGA GTX560Ti 448 Core that has a DisplayPort output. Using the DisplayPort input of the ZR22W I found I was able to hit a refresh rate of 70Hz, then 72Hz using the standard Nvidia control panel. I was NOT able to hit that refresh rate using DVI or VGA without major screen corruption. I was curious to know if anyone had the same luck using DP.

Right now I'm keeping at 72Hz, but eventually I'm going to try and see just how high I can crank it up.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, I confirmed that the monitor is, in fact, running at 72Hz using its control panel.

Looks like it maxes out at 76Hz (and it defaults to 16-bit color when I get that high) over DisplayPort. 72Hz @ 32-bit seems to be its limit.

Back