HT Omega Claro+, what do you think ?

ead

Limp Gawd
I haven't seen to much about them over here or the net
So
From guys who have them, what do you think about them? quality? music? and drivers issues in windows vista 64 and so on?
Also
How well are they with 2.1 or 5.1 or headphones setup?

I have one. Using it with Turtle Beach HPA2 5.1 headphones. It works very well in Vista 64
Unlike the Xonar the mic works with no problems.

My only regret is that I didn't purchase it before the Asus Xonar D2X or the Razer Baracuda.

If you are going to use a PCI slot this is the best you can get for Vista 64.

I use the HT Omega Claro + with a pair of Senheisser HD-595 headphones and a set of Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers. The HT sound card simply rocks. I am so glad I threw away my Creative Audigy 2 and bought the HT Omega. Music, movies, and PC gaming never sounded so good! I run the card on a dual-boot machine (Vista and XP) and the software is stable on both OS's.

-Garret

I have the striker and so does my friend (xp and vista 64) and have to say it is the only sound card that does everything i've wanted. Normal sized drivers, everything works, dolby digital encoding to a receiver, surround sound, etc etc. Highly recommend it.

Have it, love it, worth every dollar I paid for it. Have had no problems with drivers/application - which is amazingly lightweight compared to my old xtremegamer. Does everything I want and need and the sound ... OMG the sound, it's a beautiful thing!

I'm thinking of getting a Striker for my older computer, just cause I can't afford another Claro+

I just replaced the XFiXTreeme Music in my secondary PC because I enjoy the Claro in my primary rig so much. The software and drivers work like a dream. I love that little helicopter that goes around to test each of your speakers:)

Love it worth every penny, went from creative cards that gave me more problems than it was worth.

I have a Striker but I only use the digital output to a dedicated DAC. I just needed something that had drivers in Vista x64 and I'm very glad that their drivers work without hassles and don't give the feeling of bloat.

Back