HTC Titan II WP7 Lag

JohnleMVP

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a free HTC Titan II from the Windows Phone Challenge. Surprisingly, I am starting to like WP7 despite a few drawbacks. I'm not going to dump my iPhone 4S, but I do like the beautiful live tile interface.

However I'm having a problem with lag in games. I've found articles about the Titan 1 (basically the same phone) having lag issue related to the SRS sound enhancement feature, but even after turning this off I am having lag in games. A lot of these games aren't even that graphic intensive. Anyone having issues with their Titan or other WP7?

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-titans-graphics-stutter-tied-srs-enhancement

What games? I haven't noticed lag in any game so far, so it would be interesting to see if I can reproduce this behavior or not.

$edit: Has anybody NOT got their Windows Phone for free? :D I got two so far lmao

It depends on the game. And since it's a third party app, it might not have been coded to Microsoft's optimized specifications... The CPU and GPU on all WP thus far has been very last generation, being only two single core models from Qualcomm.

What games? I haven't noticed lag in any game so far, so it would be interesting to see if I can reproduce this behavior or not.

$edit: Has anybody NOT got their Windows Phone for free? :D I got two so far lmao

Free without signing or extending a contract. That's why so many people did the WP7 challenge and then a lot of them flipped the phones.

The games I'm experience lag with are Doodle God and Shuffle Play. Not really the most intense games. Doodle God isn't even 3D.

I just tried these two games on my 900 and they ran flawlessly. That's really the thing I like about this phone, it's so much faster and smoother than my HTC Arrive.

I just tried these two games on my 900 and they ran flawlessly. That's really the thing I like about this phone, it's so much faster and smoother than my HTC Arrive.

not doubting you at all.... but how is that possible? don't all WP7's use the same SoC and amount of RAM?

not doubting you at all.... but how is that possible? don't all WP7's use the same SoC and amount of RAM?
Microsoft set minimum requirements for WP7, but OEMs are more than welcome to exceed the minimums.

- HTC Arrive has a 1 GHz Snapdragon S1 CPU + Adreno 200 GPU

- Nokia Lumia 900 has a 1.4 GHz Snapdragon S2 CPU + Adreno 205 GPU

- HTC Titan II has a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S2 CPU + Adreno 205 GPU

I just tried Shuffle Party (I there is no Shuffle Play in the Marketplace that I saw so I think this the game that the OP is referring to) on my 1st gen WP7 HTC Arrive and it ran ok on that device as well though the animations weren't as smooth as on the 900. But on the 900 it really does fly. WP7 for all of it's problems really is very fast overall. My Arrive was pretty fast but there were things that just weren't as smooth as I would have liked. Thus far everything on the 900 is just great. There are times here and there when the 900 may not be responsive for a couple seconds, but the overwhelming about of times things just flow and run well.

I got a free HTC Titan II from the Windows Phone Challenge. Surprisingly, I am starting to like WP7 despite a few drawbacks. I'm not going to dump my iPhone 4S, but I do like the beautiful live tile interface.

However I'm having a problem with lag in games. I've found articles about the Titan 1 (basically the same phone) having lag issue related to the SRS sound enhancement feature, but even after turning this off I am having lag in games. A lot of these games aren't even that graphic intensive. Anyone having issues with their Titan or other WP7?

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-titans-graphics-stutter-tied-srs-enhancement

Go to settings, swipe to applications, then tap background tasks. How full is that list and what's under advanced? You might just have installed a ton of background apps.

The HTC Titan I had the same lag issue, but the disabling SRS was the work around. The Nokia doesn't use the silly SRS sound enhancement so that probably why I doesn't have the issue. Its likely not a hardware performance issue, but a bug is the software. Some people have said that it won't lag with headphones in. I haven't had enough time to test this theory out yet.

Go to settings, swipe to applications, then tap background tasks. How full is that list and what's under advanced? You might just have installed a ton of background apps.

The only thing I had running the background was the HTC app. I disabled it so we'll see.

Back