HTPC Idea

response99

Weaksauce
Over the past couple of weeks I have been thinking up some ideas on how to build a

custom HTPC for my room. However, so many ideas (whether possible or not) have

run through my head. I did managed to come to a semi-solid idea, and produced a

drawing in google sketch up (first time so forgive me).

To explain the diagram, there will be one 5 1/4 drive bay (DVD-R), with the second one

being a place holder for my LED's and switches(PWR,HDD,CD-ROM Activity, and CCFL

on/off rocker). There will be 120mm fans(All YL) on the side, top, and rear. The top being a

blow hole, side being an intake, and rear as the exhaust. What I have not decided is

whether or not to use my current rig (signature) or just to piece together my old tell until I

can gather the money to make a totally new system. The floor is open to any feedback, or

additions that will make this a better project. Thanks

07pg4.jpg

I think your system is fine for an htpc, just throw in a tuner card and you are good to go on that front.

as for the case I would recommend instead of a blowhole on the top you re-position it over the PCI/PCIe cards to keep your video card and tuner card cool. Possibly move your side intake and stealth mount it to the front of the case so you don't see it but you get a straight shot from front to the back exhaust fan. This way you can have things on the side of your HTPC if needed or fit inside a small cabinet. Also consider adding a second rear 120mm fan to help exhaust so you don't have a negative pressure problem.

also if you need any cables check out www.riteav.com

Back