i <3 my new dfi

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
so.. got a dfi lp nf590 sli-m2r/g in the mail the other day.

previously, my modded k9n neo needed around 2.75v to get 8m stable at 600mhz. now i need 2.6v set in the bios. SG reports as 2.52v, as you'll see...

602@4-4-3-4-8M-2.6v.png

this is gonna be a fun board to play with methinks :cool:

Cause overclocking is fun ..and hard. Pushing lower end chips is what its all about. celeron 300A anyone?

What is your 1M score with that thing? So far that looks nice...

I still dont believe the clock speed on your RAM though...i have never heard of RAM tollerating 277Mhz over stock speed....unless CPUZ is just retarded and thinks that since you have it running in dual channel that your speed is double...then i believe it

Also, what kind of RAM is that? I dont recognize it...nor do i understand why your name appears in the part number...

kill4killin said:
What is your 1M score with that thing? So far that looks nice...

I still dont believe the clock speed on your RAM though...i have never heard of RAM tollerating 277Mhz over stock speed....unless CPUZ is just retarded and thinks that since you have it running in dual channel that your speed is double...then i believe it

Also, what kind of RAM is that? I dont recognize it...nor do i understand why your name appears in the part number...
i promise you the speed reported is right. i'm just that good at tweaking ram :cool:
1m time right now is a bit on the lacking side, mid to low 28's, partially because i have 256kb cache, and because the timings aren't very optimal.

why my name is in the part number? i won these sticks in a contest over at XS and part of the deal was that the SPD would have something we wanted in it. i chose EclipseOC ;)

lastly.. the sempron. it does 3ghz to allow me to hit 600mhz, does it not? i can't complain, more than a 50% oc :D

and here's some more stuff to look at. managed to get 32m stable down to 2.2v. definitely pushing the limits.. the time went up a bit even though i didn't change any timings :p

603.7@5-5-4-4-32M-2.2v.png

damn eclipse, you gotta teach me your RAM tweaking Fung Shui...I am trying to get my processor to accept 3Ghz and im having the hardest time...and worst off, when i do get it stable at that speed, its running at 1.58V and i have to use a nasty RAM ratio...not to mention that your Sempron at 3Ghz beats out my Opteron at 3Ghz in the 1M SuperPI score...

kill4killin said:
damn eclipse, you gotta teach me your RAM tweaking Fung Shui...I am trying to get my processor to accept 3Ghz and im having the hardest time...and worst off, when i do get it stable at that speed, its running at 1.58V and i have to use a nasty RAM ratio...not to mention that your Sempron at 3Ghz beats out my Opteron at 3Ghz in the 1M SuperPI score...
serious? my opteron was pulling low 27's with some good ram at 3ghz :confused:

send me a pm ;)

You know... Your sempron beating my 3800X2 (or at least, its time under winter-mode 2.84, not this pathetic 2.4 I slap on in summer) makes me really sad...

Goodjob, though.

I may have to go order myself a Sempron now...Im really pissed that my Opteron sucks that bad compared to your Sempron :(

Im thinking it has something to do with you running socket AM2 and Im 939 though...unless my DFI is teh suck compared to your DFI or something.

i think a combination of things may be working against you.

i've gotta figure out how i can get into the 27's again though.. that's probably gonna be my goal for today :p

Very nice Eclipse i love reading about success stories such as this one :D

What cooling are you using on that sukka, water?

(cf)Eclipse said:
i think a combination of things may be working against you.

i've gotta figure out how i can get into the 27's again though.. that's probably gonna be my goal for today :p

here's a tip. dont go to the post office. then switch out yer sempron. voila

aj@x said:
Very nice Eclipse i love reading about success stories such as this one :D

What cooling are you using on that sukka, water?
of the AC chilled variety, yes :D

Back