I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

1) that case is not even the same size as PC-A05. That case is a remake of PC-7 style PCs, which doesn't had the air pocket problem anyway.
2) they have it in metal boned :) version too :
http://www.lancoolpc.com/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=9&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

Sure, but better air flow. This is just 1 case I picked out there are a few more not even listed on their website that I saw on a flyer. Midtower is a midtower point I was trying to say is they are working on improving airflow which they dropped the ball on with the A05B.

Sure, but better air flow. This is just 1 case I picked out there are a few more not even listed on their website that I saw on a flyer. Midtower is a midtower point I was trying to say is they are working on improving airflow which they dropped the ball on with the A05B.

Point of getting A05B is it's size. There is no better case from Lian Li to replace it. PC-A59, PC-A06 and PC-V600 have bad PSU placement if you don't mod it. PC-6, PC-7 & all other midtowers are bigger.

This way we can say they solved the air pocket problem with PC-V1000, which is a midtower too - just 10cm (+28%) more height, just 3.5cm more depth...

Solution for PC-A05 air pocket problem is not a bigger case, period.

Point of getting A05B is it's size. There is no better case from Lian Li to replace it. PC-A59, PC-A06 and PC-V600 have bad PSU placement if you don't mod it. PC-6, PC-7 & all other midtowers are bigger.

This way we can say they solved the air pocket problem with PC-V1000, which is a midtower too - just 10cm (+28%) more height, just 3.5cm more depth...

Solution for PC-A05 air pocket problem is not a bigger case, period.

Solution is an exhaust in the front panel and up top to remove the air pockets period.

edit: I see your point in stating the appeal of the size for the A05B but come on we're talking 2 inches in height difference with same depth of 19.3" and 8" width. LL could easily make these changes and they got what looks to be a winner coming hopefully released soon.
I believe their aimed solution is not bigger size but to eliminate the air pockets with more air flow. Love the A05B but its a severely flawed case and looks like they learned from it.

Solution is an exhaust in the front panel and up top to remove the air pockets period.

edit: I see your point in stating the appeal of the size for the A05B but come on we're talking 2 inches in height difference with same depth of 19.3" and 8" width. LL could easily make these changes and they got what looks to be a winner coming hopefully released soon.
I believe their aimed solution is not bigger size but to eliminate the air pockets with more air flow. Love the A05B but its a severely flawed case and looks like they learned from it.
http://img29.picoodle.com/data/img29/3/8/16/t_lianli2PCS0m_2630d00.jpg

Heres the problem. I want a small case with only 2 5.25 external bays, a clean looking front (no ugly ass vent in the front), no window or ugly venting all over the place. To put is simply, I wouldn't buy any of the other cases that are listed on this page. The lack of vents in the A05B lead to its air flow problems, but the lack of vents is what also makes this case look so good. If you do a search on New Egg for an Aluminum mid-Tower with no windows and only 2 5.25 external drives, this is the ONLY case that fits that description.

Lian-Li needs to add a vent to the back top of the A05B to vent the air pocket and not touch anything else. By just adding the 2 120mm fans to the top of the A05B and reversing the front fan to an intake, this case runs cooler than any other case I have. There is no other redesign that is needed, just the addition of 1 single vent and they can do that without adding any height to the case.

I'm moving to a K7B... the A05b is cool, and nice for anyone with a bare minimum... but I'll be needing 5 HDDs, 1 3.5" bay and 1 5.25" bay... so I'll have a couple spare bays (maybe for a fan controller?)

Either way... it's the same price as an A05b, has 2 front 120's, 1 rear 120...

they have a gold/champagne model that actually looks really nice... completely different from the normal black/silver lianlis...

K7B is nice I say go for it. I think I saw one one on Lagoom for real cheap. Was debating moving my main system to either the v1000b or PCA17 (gets no love) and for watercooling I'm going A17B since so many people have the 1000b. Moving A05B to HTCP duty.
Anyways Lian Li rocks nuff said.

I'm moving to a K7B... the A05b is cool, and nice for anyone with a bare minimum... but I'll be needing 5 HDDs, 1 3.5" bay and 1 5.25" bay... so I'll have a couple spare bays (maybe for a fan controller?)

Either way... it's the same price as an A05b, has 2 front 120's, 1 rear 120...

they have a gold/champagne model that actually looks really nice... completely different from the normal black/silver lianlis...

You going to sell that one off? I am looking to get another A05b to put next to the first one I bought from you.

I'll be selling 2 pretty soon, 1 has a G50 vented panel, with top 2 x 120 rad-grill/exhuast, other has a custom window

Both have the opticla bay covers...

Gotta order the K7b first

Here's mine without the airflow problems :

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

Great case, this one is for the HTPC ;)

Great build there, nice and neat. Funny, your VC looks to be bowed, or bent upwards, why? Could just be the camera angle.

Blazestorm, do you know of anywhere I can snag one of those G50 panels? I got a windowed panel from Performance-PCs but I'm sorta tired of the acrylic look. I don't think that particular window goes well with the Lian Li styling. I suppose if you're selling yours (the g50 panel itself) or willing to trade for the windowed panel, we could take it to PMs? lmk!

Thanks!

Performance-Pcs was selling them with the A05's for a while... but stopped for some reason... I bought it back around Christmas last year...

Unfortunately I'd rather sell them together, I can swap side-panels between the 2 I'm selling (If you wanted the window on the one with the 2 x 120 exhuast/grill)

It's probably due to how close his line is from the cpu is. Looks like it's pushing on it.

Yes, I cut the tubing a bit too long (maybe 1/4" too much) and since it's a tight fit, it's pushing the card upward. I don't care since it works and it will counter the weight of the full cover block :p

Hi Chief,

May I know where did you buy the #10 socket cap for RadGrillz? Does it available on online store? Thanks

-Battlestar

I bought mine at Lowes in the hardware section; I don't believe they sell them on their website though.

mnpctech does sell them for a little bit more than what I paid, but if you have to buy them online, it's worth a shot. http://www.mnpctech.com/thumbscrew.html (scroll down a little to see them)

Two more pictures:

PSU Cable sleeved and behind the Mainboardtray:

dsc_1216m01.jpg

And the BS-03 completed:

dsc_1214z6g.jpg

If the weather is ok tomorrow, i´ll make some pictures from the almost completed "A05-Powder-Edition" :D

Burn is that a Nanoxia fan? Whatever it is good choice and nice contrast. Going to look wicked man.

@burnoutmalle - May I know what Brand of sleeves did you use? And how do you make that image white background? Is that an built-in feature of camera or power of Photoshop? :) Thanks

I added a blow hole on the top back part of my case and dropped my video card's idle temp by about 9-11ºc!

@burnoutmalle - May I know what Brand of sleeves did you use? And how do you make that image white background? Is that an built-in feature of camera or power of Photoshop? :) Thanks

It appears to be standard black or charcoal TechFlex.
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&WebPage_ID=3

Pick your size/color, and get some of the good 3-1 shrink tubing. Don't use the cheap 2-1 as it just doesn't work as well.

Back