I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

with regard to the metallic orange case, I think the side panel accents are nice but the front looks a little wonky. Reminded me at first of a rough drawing of a fan :). I'd probably also get rid of the 3.5" crystals, but this is a generally refreshing and unique mod.

Looks nice.. how did you remove the plug/cord from the back? I'm getting ready to take mine apart and don;t want to damage anything. Did you desolder the connection?

Well I decided to go with the 22mm blue ring and 16mm blue dot Delrin Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switches for the power and reset switches.

Also got the black anodized MNPC Tech Billet Machined Aluminum Case Feet w/ Diamond Cut Edges from Performance PC.

I have the equipment running for the last two days and everything is looking good.

I will finish the cables like a MurderMod case so it should be one classy case when I get done.

I will let you know where I got the anodizing done after I pick it up and see the quality of the work. I will also ask if he wants to do more and what the cost will be.

Still need help on which way the four 120mm fans should blow.

WIthout doing any custom panel trimming, which I can not do,
is a single 120mm blowhole the most that you can get drilled
for the top of this case? Don't want to fool with 140mm fans.

WIthout doing any custom panel trimming, which I can not do,
is a single 120mm blowhole the most that you can get drilled
for the top of this case? Don't want to fool with 140mm fans.

Not sure I understood the question, but one can certainly do 2x120mm on the top lid -- there are plenty of examples in this thread.

cimg0001m.jpg

cimg0004xcs.jpg

cimg0011u.jpg

cimg0009n.jpg

cimg0016.jpg

cimg0005ran.jpg

cimg0012l.jpg

cimg0002i.jpg

cimg0030w.jpg

Not sure I understood the question, but one can certainly do 2x120mm on the top lid -- there are plenty of examples in this thread.

Just confused. I saw mention of the use of a replacement top panel T-60F, but that appears to require some microsurgery to work.

aamsel

The top panel T-60F requires very little trimming to have the fans in the rear. The two side panels are reversed and slid back from the front instead of from the rear. The front panel fits perfectly after doing it this way. You just have to remove the front cover before removing a side panel but that is no big deal. If you want to secure the two side panels you can drill and tap a few holes in the front and use some motherboard standoffs for the thumbscrews. The are small enough not to interfere with putting the front cover on.

Dark Sun...as a close CuZin to the Dark Family..I want to say your case looks Hot and DARK..!!

Sign
DarkSide :D

I just sold mines last night and shipped it out this morning. Debating if I should move my parts over into my brand new rocketfish that has been collecting dust or if I should sell that as well and get one of them LanCool Series cases:confused:

New carton mod of Lian Li PC-AO5N. :)

I have build my new PC two weeks ago. But the GTX275 was bit hot. I read some posts here about blow holes on the top of the case. Someone wrote about significantly temperature drop, someone about 10 degrees drop. I was curious how it will be in my case... so I made this little simulation before cutting.

And the result is pretty good -- 10 degrees drop at burn.

*** Without fans / top 2x120mm exhaust ***

Idle
GPU 51 (40%) / 47 (40%)
CPU 35 / 32
MB 44 / 39

Burn
GPU 82 (70%) / 69 (70%)
CPU 46 / 40
MB 58 / 47

* few hours of playing Fallout 3, in Anno 1404 it was 90 vs 80 after hour of playing.
* I used Lian Li original fans from case, default rpm

77824938.jpg

16410895.jpg

26244854.jpg

Yes and this is the final result with the T-60F panel. 15 minutes and you are done. Add the 22mm blue ring and 16mm blue dot Delrin Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switches for the power and reset and the black anodized MNPC Tech Billet Machined Aluminum Case Feet w/ Diamond Cut Edges plus finish with a bronze tinted window and add Murdermods black sleeving on all the cables. VOLA a mini Murdermods PC minus water cooling.

Picture014.jpg

Last edited:
No but it as close as I will get to one. I talked to kirk from Murdermods today and he gave me some tips on how to mod the case. WC would be the cats meow but I have to set the limit somewhere.

Do you have more pics of the fit around it? I'm kinda curious about doing that mod, if it isn't that close I'll just go ahead and grab one of those coolers they sell that go above the PCI slots. (I plan on getting a PC-A05 within a month or so... my FT-01 is too large...)

Hopefully I will pick up my parts from the anodizer tomorrow. I have everything else including all backplanes painted black. The hard part will be making up all the cables with the Murdermods sleeves.

Here is the front view with the side panels installed. The front panel fits perfectly over the side panels.

Picture016.jpg

Well I got my case parts back from the anodizer and riveted it back together. It turned out great so now I can move forward.

For anyone interested the Anodizer is located in Waukesha, WI.
He will anodize all the parts for $65.00 plus shipping.
PM me for his number and address.

I am waiting for the Murdermods sleeving so I can do my power supplies 24pin and 8pin connectors.
I will be shortening the 24pin cable and removing the extra 4pin cable as it is not needed.

I also enlarged the hole for the Reset Vandel switch in the front cover so I am ready to go with that part.

My friend who has a CNC milling machine is going to cut the window on Monday for a case of beer.

I will get some pictures posted tomorrow.

The i7 build is showing progress. I still have some fan grills to paint black and I am waiting for the Murdermods sleeving so I can start sleeving all the cables.

I need to shorten both the 24pin and 8pin cables and need to get some short SATA cables for the DVD and 128Gig SSD.

Here are some pictures of the build so far.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Thanks haadij404 & Jthm27

haadij404 it was you that got me started on this so I wanted to at least match your build.

I was able to find some 5" Sata cables so after I shorten and sleeve the other cables it should look neat and clean.

Thanks for the help on this build. It should last me for a while.

I modified a Scythe Kasemaster 3.5 black fan controller and made it fit inside the lian Li 3.5" bezel after drilling and using a file to square up the rectangular hole. It turned out pretty good and looks much better as it matches the rest of the case. I also sanded the knobs down so they did not stick out as far.

I hope the switches will look ok as I am at the point of no return on those.

Yes sir, that is very nice.

www.performance-pcs.com has a very nice selection of SATA cables, that's where I get all mine from. They're fast on shipping too in my experience.

I think that fan controller is pretty slick, good job on the build. How is the Megahalems? (unless you haven't tried it out yet)

edvb ..the setup looks Outstanding..I send you an PM..can you respond please..
thanks..

Dark

haadij404

Your welcome. Since I have my new monitor I figured I need a new mouse and keyboard.
I was able to get a OCZ Sabre OLED keyboard at Zippy for $129.00 shipped. Now for the mouse?

Darkside

PM sent. Thanks for the complement. I hope the sleeving turns out well.

mrmylanman

Thanks. The Megahalems works great. I had everything set up on my desk and my CPU was showing 25-26C during normal operation on the motherboard display. These are the feet I got. I hope they will look ok on the case.

mnpctech_blackdiamond-feet_01.jpg

haadij404

Your welcome. Since I have my new monitor I figured I need a new mouse and keyboard.
I was able to get a OCZ Sabre OLED keyboard at Zippy for $129.00 shipped. Now for the mouse?

gaming mouse? everyday mouse? I find that I can't stand using a gaming mouse for everything.

Microsoft has some pretty good regular mice that are comfortable for long periods. The Logitech G9 and the Razer Deathadder are two of the most popular gaming mice. I personally have the Deathadder and I like it quite a bit. You should try to test them out at a store or something to see which feels most comfortable.

The Deathadder is the one I am leaning on. I will see if Best Buy will let me try one out. I use my palm so this should work well correct? At least the tech at OCZ thought so and those were the two he thought would work best.

Do you know of any pictures with the Vandal switches installed in a case besides Performance PC?

Back