I/O Shield Replacement Source?

ReelMcCoy

Limp Gawd
Forgive me if this is a question that has been asked already but I searched with various terms and didn't find the droids I was looking for.

I bit the bullet this week and got the components for a spiffy new A64 FX-53 system based on the Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939, Coolermaster Stacker (hurry up cross-flow fan, get in stock!) and other bits and pieces. Everything was going well until I tried putting the I/O shield that came with the motherboard on the Stacker's mobo tray. The darn thing would pop out just looking at it and no amount of tweaks fixed it. I've got e-mail out to Gigabyte but fear a response will take beyond my lifetime. I've also got e-mail out to NewEgg's support and one other place that sells i/o panels on E-Bay.

Does anyone know of a source of these cheap beasties?

Thanks,
Dan
Bringing frustration to himself with every system build he does. :p

If Gigabyte doesn't respond, then Centrix International is a place that has some Intel based mobo shields for $5 a pop with pictures. You should be able to find something near enough and mod it with a Dremel.

Thanks, qdemn7. I may have found one from a vendor in New York. I'm still waiting on Gigabyte's response.

To top it off, I now saw something in the Stacker case that might have helped keep the darn original shield in place. The instructions only mentioned the bracket for BTX use. But there's no reason it couldn't be used for ATX use. I just love it with something is discovered after the fact. :p

Thanks again.

Go the [A]froTech route. Use some cardboard from a cereal packet...paint it silver if you really want!!!

Lol! That'd work! And it's a ghetto option I hadn't thought of. As it is, I'm waiting for a replacement from Gigabyte. It also turns out that my massive tweaking of the original one could have been prevented had I discovered the purpose of a certain bracket that comes with the Stacker case that the manual for the case implies is for ATX to BTX conversion. Screw this bracket in behind the i/o shield and the topside will be held in place very well leaving the other part with the mobo helping keep it staying put. I made this discovery the day AFTER I thrashed the shield out of outright frustration.

No matter now. There's a A8V in the CoolerMaster Stacker whirring away now and the Gigabyte mobo will be slapped in another case as soon as the i/o shield comes in. Then I can ensure all heat seeking missiles ever launched come my way provided there isn't anyone around with Prescotts.

here is a link to some I/O shield replacements: Mycableshop
Or try ebay under the computer and networking section, then typing in I/O shield or backplate.

Back