I/OMagic MagicWave V2 will work with windows 2000?

cool! thanks alot. Have a membership to that site and I forgot about it. I am going to install tomorrow and let you know how it went. :cool: :)

The Aureal Vortex 1 has native drivers bundled with Windows XP; I don't see why the Vortex 2 wouldn't, as it came out before XP as well.

On a side note, I'd probably buy that IOMagic card just to pick up that special edition of Descent Freespace. For $7.95, sounds like a steal for the game alone.

LoneWolf (whose ancient but budget Sony VAIO microtower-tuned-HTPC has a Vortex 1 and is running just fine under XP Pro SP2)

LoneWolf said:
The Aureal Vortex 1 has native drivers bundled with Windows XP; I don't see why the Vortex 2 wouldn't, as it came out before XP as well.

On a side note, I'd probably buy that IOMagic card just to pick up that special edition of Descent Freespace. For $7.95, sounds like a steal for the game alone.

LoneWolf (whose ancient but budget Sony VAIO microtower-tuned-HTPC has a Vortex 1 and is running just fine under XP Pro SP2)

true, but she is running Windows 2000 SP4

Installed it, No drivers needed with SP4. SP3 was a whole different story! :cool:

Back