I want to trade a 500mhz ibook for a decent computer.

Mycophiles

Limp Gawd
Hit me up here, by pm, or email at [email protected].

Also the laptop is in Tiptop shape.

500mhz
640megs of memory but that can be upgraded (by you) pretty cheaply
Airport Card
10gig HD
cd rom
Jaguar 10.2.8 OS which has never failed on me.
Comes with a nice laptop bag.

Lets deal.

also have 100$ to throw into the pot.

dmpdx said:
It's OS X Jaguar 10.2.8, Safari is the web browser inside of os x. And I wouldnt look for too nice of a system to trade as 64 megs of ram and a 500 mhz G3 ibook is worth around $150.00. Just a sugestion.
-dsm

The Imac's are about that but I think the ibooks run a little pricier. Maybe around 200-250$.

edit: and I think it's 128megs I'll have to check that.

dmpdx said:
It's OS X Jaguar 10.2.8, Safari is the web browser inside of os x. And I wouldnt look for too nice of a system to trade as 64 megs of ram and a 500 mhz G3 ibook is worth around $150.00. Just a sugestion.
-dsm

Also the ram is upgraded to 128 megs from 64 (which.. I know... Is barely anything.) and it does have an airport card in it. The cards worth money in and of itself. I would have no idea what these things are going for nowadays.

would you trade for a p4 computer running 1.8 ghz with 512 megs of memory a dvdrom and a 20 gig hdrive with winxp pro if you can give $130 too boot so you know the case is a ugly orange color it was my daughters comp and she has upgraded. will you be including the os disks with it? LMK

jackofalltrades said:
would you trade for a p4 computer running 1.8 ghz with 512 megs of memory a dvdrom and a 20 gig hdrive with winxp pro if you can give $130 too boot so you know the case is a ugly orange color it was my daughters comp and she has upgraded. will you be including the os disks with it? LMK

You want me to give you 130$ on top of the laptop?

Can you put up some pics showing the condition. I've been searching ebay for one of these, and a lot of them just look too dirty. Would you consider an outright sale, then put tht money towards the purchase of a new PC?

upriverpaddler said:
Can you put up some pics showing the condition. I've been searching ebay for one of these, and a lot of them just look too dirty. Would you consider an outright sale, then put tht money towards the purchase of a new PC?

No. Unless you will pay prices that these sell for on ebay. I've seen them go for 300$ on ebay but here the forum is for deals. I totally understand people not wanting to pay a actual cost on the forum.

I just put 150$ worth of ram in the ibook and it comes with a mouse and a 60$ carrying case so It's worth the money but people have been offering me way less than what this thing is valued at. I'll put it on ebay if I want to sell it.

Mycophiles said:
I just put 150$ worth of ram in the ibook and it comes with a mouse and a 60$ carrying case so It's worth the money but people have been offering me way less than what this thing is valued at. I'll put it on ebay if I want to sell it.

Mycophiles said:
Also the ram is upgraded to 128 megs from 64 (which.. I know... Is barely anything.) and it does have an airport card in it. The cards worth money in and of itself. I would have no idea what these things are going for nowadays.

you spent $150 dollars to get 128mb of ram? is it gold? what makes it so speacial i bought a 1gb stick for my sisters laptop for $40
you could keep the $60 case and i could get my own....but still not interested in selling it out right?
you never answered my pms.

(bump for ya)

basher said:
you spent $150 dollars to get 128mb of ram? is it gold? what makes it so speacial i bought a 1gb stick for my sisters laptop for $40
you could keep the $60 case and i could get my own....but still not interested in selling it out right?
you never answered my pms.

(bump for ya)

it was a 512 chip of ram. Mac ram cost that much. There's a guy on another forum I'm waiting on right now. He has a 2.8ghz computer he's going to trade me for.

Tell me the specs of your computer down to the model number of the mb and I'll think about it. This other computer has an OEM mb whilest it does have a 800fsb speed on the motherboard I still don't like OEM motherboards. If your computer is upgradable then I'll deal with what you have over his. Just trying to get a computer that complements it's parts the best not the fastest computer ya know.

Back