IBM 3u x360 server, Dual 1.4Ghz Xeons w/ 2GB raid & 3x18GB--$300

FromTheLou

[H]ard|Gawd
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD to LostMatt

Ladies and gents I need a little spare cash to treat the misses for V-Day.

I've got an extra IBM xseries x360 rack mount server for sale.

This is a QUAD capable server, and comes with 2 1.4GHz Xeons and 2GB of ram.
It also has three hot swap drive bays with 3 18GB 15k hard drives.

It does have a raid card, but the drives are currently connected to the onboard SCSI. All you need is a 68pin cable to connect the raid card to the onboard SCSI and you can use Raid 0/1/5 for the drive bays.

Floppy/cd-rom both work just fine.

This also has 2 redundant PSU's with space for a third.

Shipping is $30

Any questions or comments just let me know.

Price is $300/obo and can ship ASAP.

Machine Type: 8686-1RX
Pictures

Front Picture

Rear Picture-Dual port 10/100 NIC is not included but can be added for $30

Dual CPU's, Quad Capable

Memory Slots

System info on top of server

System info on top of server cont.

Dual PSU's with room for third

Top system shot with cover removed

Refs are Heatware 42-0-1 and eBay 82-0-0

I'm located in Saint Louis, MO and for the cost of gas I can meet anywhere within 60 mile radius.

Bump while I give this some thought and check funds.

Can you let me know if the drives are 10 or 15k, and maybe some pics?

Does this come with a OS installed, or a COA and media?

Shipping to 48324.

I'll think hard on this.

Bump while I give this some thought and check funds.

Can you let me know if the drives are 10 or 15k, and maybe some pics?

Does this come with a OS installed, or a COA and media?

Shipping to 48324.

I'll think hard on this.

It currently has ESX 3.0.1 loaded but will be dban'd before it is sent. No COA or media. I can include the Raid software setup cd.

This will be shipped via DHL and shipping is a flat $30.

Pics will be up ASAP.

Bump for you..

Any refs?
where are you located?
Thanks

Refs are Heatware 42-0-1 and eBay 82-0-0

I'm located in Saint Louis, MO and for the cost of gas I can meet anywhere within 60 mile radius.

Gotta retake the pics to include my [H] name in them.

I did double check and the hard drives are 15k drives.

Nice combo....hhm, maybe the wife will accept this as her vday present?...I dont think I should try it...

bump for a very nice price
If I didn't already have a big pile of servers that need homes, I'd be all over this

Pics are now up, any questions feel free to PM or post them here.

Thanks for all the bumps!

Had some interest at first, but no longer.

My price is OBO, so make an offer. Worst I can do is say no.

Bump...how loud are the fans in the unit?

"so loud it needs to be in a server room - loud" or "I can stick it in a corner in the basement and not notice it - loud)

As long as both power supplies are plugged in you can have it in the basement corner and no one would notice.

I was testing the PSU redundancy and after I pulled the plug to one of the PUS's the sounds increased to a freaking jet engine taking off in my house.

Any partial trades to lower the price? :)

Also, how many memory slots total, and what type and speed of ram is in there now?

ECC REG DDR 266? ECC only PC133?

Any partial trades to lower the price? :)

Also, how many memory slots total, and what type and speed of ram is in there now?

ECC REG DDR 266? ECC only PC133?

Based upon what I have planned for V-day I need to get $200 cash plus trades.
I would consider any size SATA hard drives you might have.

8 total slots and 4 are being used by 512mb Reg ECC PC1600

I do have a second x360 w/ QUAD 1.5Ghz Xeons, 4GB ram and 3x36k HDD's. If I sold that one I'd keep the dual cpu.

man I came here looking for a cheap computer that I could use a server and then you go and tempt me with this. Very nice looking server.

I'm going to think long and hard about this but I don't know if I can justify this cost for this project I want to do. But here is a free bump for you.

Another bump for you..I have a 160 GIG SATA to add in the trade....now I have to justify buying this

I already have 4 Dual CPU servers doing nothing but folding... ....but 5 is a good number :)

man I came here looking for a cheap computer that I could use a server and then you go and tempt me with this. Very nice looking server.

I'm going to think long and hard about this but I don't know if I can justify this cost for this project I want to do. But here is a free bump for you.

You know you want it! If you are interested drop me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. If not, thanks for the bump!

Another bump for you..I have a 160 GIG SATA to add in the trade....now I have to justify buying this

I already have 4 Dual CPU servers doing nothing but folding... ....but 5 is a good number :)

If you are going to fold with this then I'll ship it for free! :D

Pending Payment this is Sold to LostMatt

Payment has been recieved and the server has shipped. I will leave this thread open so that Matt can post here once it arrives and he tests it.

After he posts I will lock it.

Thanks LoStMaTt..I didn't know how much longer I could hold out :)

Thanks for this server Lou, its awesome. Pictures soon to come, check them out in the Networking Gallery in the next week or so.

Back