IGN: VERSUS - PS4 & Xbox One

Not without market saturation information, actual sales figures or consumer surveys it doesn't.
:rolleyes:

Right, then why is it that when I go to the store there are always 2-3 xbo's sitting there, and never any ps4's? Everyone I know at work, the gym, hell even my pc gaming friends and friends in general would rather have a ps4 than an xbo. The only problem is that they are always SOLD OUT.

You can get the PS4 on amazon. They've been in stock almost every day since Christmas.

You can get the PS4 on amazon. They've been in stock almost every day since Christmas.

Yeah. Not going to pay over $100 msrp for a console. When it's available for the suggested retail price then I'll care.

What's sad is your constant need to be right all the time and how you like to tell everyone about it. Ego much?

Constant need?

I mentioned it twice iirc and it was in response to something. If I had an ego I'd put some of your Wii U quotes in my signature. I don't have to do that, the longest thread in Console forum history speaks for itself.

And frankly with the exception of the Wii U is done thread and some responses to Vlad in the News sections my posts are opinionated or just general bullshitting. The Wii U failure was just fascinating to watch and I became interested in the platform early on when we realized it was about on par with a 360 or PS3. It's the first platform to get daily coverage and statistics that tell us exactly why if failed so badly.

Probably something people will look at even decades from now.

Personally i see the XB1 and the WiiU as case studies for marketting, and proper product design due to the ammount of mistakes committed in both cases.

And well, i would say that poking Vlad was indeed fun at the beginning, but i may have found someone reaaaaally thin skinned that i now poke with one liners like once a month or so... it's fun seeing his jimmies rustled :D

:rolleyes:

Right, then why is it that when I go to the store there are always 2-3 xbo's sitting there, and never any ps4's? Everyone I know at work, the gym, hell even my pc gaming friends and friends in general would rather have a ps4 than an xbo. The only problem is that they are always SOLD OUT.

Anecdotal evidence != actual research

If something is true or if it is false doesn't stop polls being exactly what i said, popularity contests ;-)

It isn't like i am on Team XB1 (i'm not, for the price it sucks only less than the WiiU), but i am amazed at people being so butthurt for the poll, which is why i enjoy so much adding some salt to their wound.

BTW how about that latest illegal activity that XB1 team has been doing? Astroturfing through Machinima, which yeah is illegal advertisement by the definition of the FTC. Damn, Penello and Co NEVER learn!

Just read about the Machinima thing.. hilarious!

Anecdotal evidence != actual research

It's a safe assumption, there has not been any instances where an article or post has been made to suggest otherwise. If you'd like to give an example of how the current sales statistics and lack of availibility suggest otherwise I'd be happy to listen to it.

Any articles discussing this topic are related to the PS4 being instock somewhere or how it is experiencing shortages after selling 4.2 million units after only being out 2 months.

It's a safe assumption, there has not been any instances where an article or post has been made to suggest otherwise. If you'd like to give an example of how the current sales statistics and lack of availibility suggest otherwise I'd be happy to listen to it.

Any articles discussing this topic are related to the PS4 being instock somewhere or how it is experiencing shortages after selling 4.2 million units after only being out 2 months.

Dude you have serious issues. Why do you care so much about this shit?

Well from everything I have read Sony has made a lot less shipments to US retailers and assuming the production numbers are similar it would make sense that the Xbox would be more available than a PS4 if Sony isn't shipping as many into the US since they are shipping to almost twice as many countries. On Top of that they probably are going to start holding back some production for the Japanese release some time soon.

I mean I am sure that at this point the PS4 is the more popular system but one not in stock and some Anecdotal info like some who clearly doesn't like the xbox having none of there friends (whom they probably had a hand in convincing) are not getting an Xbox, doesn't exactly uncover any of the real story.

In the end I would like to see what the January US sales looks like for both consoles. At this point I am guessing the Xbone is going to be much higher. But if the Anecdotal information was correct the Xbox would have barely sold any and the PS4 is flying off the shelf (which is probably true but again unless we know the shipments are the same you can't really measure demand if your running into shortages, just that demand is larger then supply).

^ Jan 11th data

Platform..N. America...Europe...Japan......Global

PS4.........74,704.......... 81,744... N/A........187,997
3DS.........43,787...........54,620....62,710...171,784
XOne.......75,559...........25,054....N/A........106,010
PS3.........18,919............36,366....14,646....90,758
PSV...........5,357............15,740....31,476....60,382
X360........28,045............20,343.........370....53,188
WiiU.........22,354............12,670.....14,211...53,040
PSP............2,116............15,763.......4,678...32,926
Wii............. 7,154............10,868...........386...20,662

^ Jan 11th data

Platform..N. America...Europe...Japan......Global

PS4.........74,704.......... 81,744... N/A........187,997
3DS.........43,787...........54,620....62,710...171,784
XOne.......75,559...........25,054....N/A........106,010
PS3.........18,919............36,366....14,646....90,758
PSV...........5,357............15,740....31,476....60,382
X360........28,045............20,343.........370....53,188
WiiU.........22,354............12,670.....14,211...53,040
PSP............2,116............15,763.......4,678...32,926
Wii............. 7,154............10,868...........386...20,662

So a small lead a week in.

Dude you have serious issues. Why do you care so much about calling out a random guy on the internet? :p

I just don't understand why he cares so much about this stuff. I feel like if I met him in real life and asked him about, I don't know, guy stuff...football, chicks, tools, cars..he'd be like..well I don't know about any of that stuff, but I do know that in week 1 of January the PS4.......

and I'd walk away.

I guess there are plenty of weirdos like him out there in this world, and forums like this are a great place for them to congregate.

I just don't understand why he cares so much about this stuff. I feel like if I met him in real life and asked him about, I don't know, guy stuff...football, chicks, tools, cars..he'd be like..well I don't know about any of that stuff, but I do know that in week 1 of January the PS4.......

and I'd walk away.

I guess there are plenty of weirdos like him out there in this world, and forums like this are a great place for them to congregate.

Yep that's me. I'm the super nerd living in moms basement at 40. :(

Yep that's me. I'm the super nerd living in moms basement at 40. :(

Well your posting habits aren't very indicative of someone who is interesting in real life.

That's what HardForum is for though, post on brother! I need to hear about those console sales numbers, because I really really really really really really really really really care.

Dude it's not even good internet, she has Netzero!

Ah, good old Netzero. I have a friend who still has a Netzero email address and I give him shit about it all the time. I keep trying to get him to give me his pager number. :p

Well your posting habits aren't very indicative of someone who is interesting in real life.

That's what HardForum is for though, post on brother! I need to hear about those console sales numbers, because I really really really really really really really really really care.

You'd be surprised :)

And you obviously do care, you keep posting replies. There are several other Wii U specific threads I have not posted in to discuss games. They are clean other than possibly a teletran8 post every now and then. :p

You sound butthurt, and you do sound like you care.

So if his posting habit shows he doesn't have an interesting real life, and you consistently reply to his posts.. I wonder what that says about you. :D

So if his posting habit shows he doesn't have an interesting real life, and you consistently reply to his posts.. I wonder what that says about you. :D

Ouch, the hyenas are surrounding me on the internet. Oh no :(

I think he was being a little sarcastic.

Obviously. That's his way of being on the defensive. The way he conveys himself through post after post of "I don't care blah blah" actually shows he cares a lot of what people say about him.

Obviously. That's his way of being on the defensive. The way he conveys himself through post after post of "I don't care blah blah" actually shows he cares a lot of what people say about him.

Sounds to me more like you are saying, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sorry, I gave that up in grade school.

Holy crap - you guys are still arguing? :) Back to the article, I think for most people, the PS4 is the superior console - today. Which really means nothing because they are close enough. If WiiU announced tomorrow that we were all getting 15 top notch titles and they were all drool worthy at crap resolution/fps - we'd all be like "OMG the WiiU is so awesome! forget the PS4!" :)

Still out of stock locally and still going over msrp on most sites. Maximus825 I'll take my "anecdotal evidence" since it is currently correct. :D

I saw a kid playing an absolutely shit-brown Super Nintendo the other day in Mandalay, Burma. Super Mario 3 is awesome no matter where, when or how it's played.

Anyways, haven't looked in on a console war thread in a while. ha ha ha ha. Enjoy the games!

Still out of stock locally and still going over msrp on most sites. Maximus825 I'll take my "anecdotal evidence" since it is currently correct. :D

They could be hoarding them for the Japan launch. I'm not sure what they are forecasting there but if it's 2 months of inventory and it sells through there I would be impressed.

I saw a kid playing an absolutely shit-brown Super Nintendo the other day in Mandalay, Burma. Super Mario 3 is awesome no matter where, when or how it's played.

Anyways, haven't looked in on a console war thread in a while. ha ha ha ha. Enjoy the games!

I was thinking that myself lately. I think that Super Mario 3 is probably one of the most well aged console games ever made. I also think Tetris, Sonic 2, and DKC, are on that list.

I was thinking that myself lately. I think that Super Mario 3 is probably one of the most well aged console games ever made. I also think Tetris, Sonic 2, and DKC, are on that list.

I'd only say that about Super Mario World or The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. I can't think of any other game from even SEGA that stands up to the test of time. FFVII was awesome then and horrible now. Sonic 1-Knuckles were cool but I hate them now.

Grrrr...I want a damn PS4. Almost got a Xbone simply due to constant availability in stores and there being no PS4s ever, thank goodness I had a little willpower. I know I could get one at certain places but I refuse to pay more than $399.99 USD

Grrrr...I want a damn PS4. Almost got a Xbone simply due to constant availability in stores and there being no PS4s ever, thank goodness I had a little willpower. I know I could get one at certain places but I refuse to pay more than $399.99 USD

In stock the last 4 days at bestbuy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-4-500gb/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103&st=categoryid$pcmcat296300050017&cp=1&lp=6&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-EJK1qa..I.J8FZCvbPhQtg

Every time I've walked into Gamestop, Walmart and target near me lately I've seen at least one or more

The good thing about living in kind of the middle of nowhere is most stores will still have these consoles. I went to gamestop around 2 weeks ago and they had a couple of PS4's, unless they were just empty boxes for show.

Kind of off-topic, but why does Gamestop charge $10-$15 more for consoles accessories than anywhere else?

From vgchartz.com:
01182014.jpg

Back