Im always Hearing about Lian cases

I can't ever seem to find a way to hide the 8800 Ultra's 2 PSU cables. What if I bought an American car?

Yeah, that's the case I have. I put a Pentium D 950 in it and with all the fans on low, it's almost inaudible. I was still able to cool the CPU with a fanless heatsink (the one that looks like six 'stacks' of quarters.) The CPU cooler is usually a problem in a case as aerodynamic as the 900. When I go to large lan parties, the single most common case I see is the 900.

Going by your name, Alittle bit biased eh?

True, Granted, And whatnot, Its hard to carry around a large Lian Li case to LPs.

Now I dont have anything bad to say about the antec cases (Except my 1st one which just sucked), And I came very close to getting a antec p-182 gunmetal version, But since it was a mid-tower, I wanted a bigger case and I cant be more happy with my choice. Its money DAMN WELL spent.

Nah, Dell has a decent warranty path and servicing. Buying a Dell is more like buying a Hyundai or a Kia.

Lian-lis can be compared to Infiniti since ferraris are only made in one country costing you vast amounts.

But I sure don't always use the stuff from wherever I work. I use to work at a company that made the world's worst mice. I don't speak ill of them (not by name) but I never used their umm... stuff.

The P182 will let you route the PCI-E cables from the PSU chamber, behind the motherboard, and sneak them around right where you need them as seen in the second picture. I'll link it again here:
P182_cable_management_1.jpg

Obviously, in the pic it shows some drive power cables and the ATX 24-pin, but you can run the PCI-E cables to this side just as easy. Also, that little notch is there for convenience, but there is space all the way down to where you see the front panel wires going by, giving you total freedom for routing.

I like American cars, but not too many "tuners" out there go for the Ford Probe. Except me... :p

Yeah, that's the case I have. I put a Pentium D 950 in it and with all the fans on low, it's almost inaudible. I was still able to cool the CPU with a fanless heatsink (the one that looks like six 'stacks' of quarters.) The CPU cooler is usually a problem in a case as aerodynamic as the 900. When I go to large lan parties, the single most common case I see is the 900.

The only problem I have with the 900 is that I have the older version, the one without the holes to hide the cables, even though I just bought it. Cable management is a problem, but other than that no complaints.

I'm sorry, but putting a door on the P18x series automatically excludes them from my builds. Not to mention the early issues with the doors warping and not closing correctly.

I'm sorry, but putting a door on the P18x series automatically excludes them from my builds. Not to mention the early issues with the doors warping and not closing correctly.

Its ok, no need to be sorry, the door makes it look much more clean and subtle. No ones judging you because you like the "oh look at my flashy box with the clear windows and pretty lights and dont forget to take notice of my front drive bays" look.

<3

Cable management > doors

Its ok, no need to be sorry, the door makes it look much more clean and subtle. No ones judging you because you like the "oh look at my flashy box with the clear windows and pretty lights and dont forget to take notice of my front drive bays" look.

<3

Cable management > doors

What??

I have a LL V1200B. No windows, no lights. Practically the same interior layout. The door does not make it look much more clean when it is open 99% of the time, because I keep my HD485s connected to my X-Fi front panel, constantly swap game DVDs, and use the card reader for my camera.

What??

I have a LL V1200B. No windows, no lights. Practically the same interior layout. The door does not make it look much more clean when it is open 99% of the time, because I keep my HD485s connected to my X-Fi front panel, constantly swap game DVDs, and use the card reader for my camera.

Touche. I was just kinda jokin around with you.

actually i'm pretty sure Lian-Li's original claim to fame is being the first exclusively aluminum mainstream case manufacturer.

they also use very nice thick alu panels as well, usually in the 2mm range whereas most manufacturers only use 1mm at best, though there are exceptions. there are even more expensive brands now, like silverstone.

they also do have that classic timeless look. they never look cheap IRL, the brushed alu makes them look super nice.

I have an antec 900, it looks pretty aerodynamic to me.:D

It also has the power to find dust from miles away and suck it in the case. The antec 900 should have been called the antec dustball, great cooling until everything is coated in a layer of dust that is virtualy unremovable.

I hate my 900 with a passion the cooling was great at first but im tired of digging giant clumps of dust out of my video card every other week with tweasers. Not to mention the dust makes my zalman 9500 nearly worthless after a week.

But back on topic, dont forget about silverstone cases!

One time, A burgler broke into my house, and my lian-li karate chopped him dead

Not sure if yours is the one I tangled with. The Lian Li that I tangled with was a Wushu fighter. ;)

I loved the little Nokia phone in Transformers... way of the Ninja fer'sure. :eek:

The antec 900 should have been called the antec dustball, great cooling until everything is coated in a layer of dust that is virtualy unremovable.

I do a lot of consulting, and the amount of dust inside the case usually reflects the amount of dust in the dwelling. A bachelor friend of mine doesn't know what a vacuum is, and it took him only 2 months for his stock intel PSU fan in an SLK3800B to completely choke and die a 4000+ RPM death. I know what a vacuum is, but not how to use it (can't tell which end is safe :confused:.) As a result, I have a Roomba (I can hit a power button and empty the bin when it tells me to:p) and only go through my 900 quickly with canned air every 6 months or so. Let the dust settle on the carpet and turn Robby loose to deal with it. Fine, I named my Roomba. Sue me.

If they had the P182 when I got my case, I might have gone for it instead. As a photographer I wanted cool RAID drives and easy access to the card reader. That helped me choose the 900. If I had to worry about a dusty environment, the filtered P180 would have been a better choice, and I could have removed the door or tucked it around open (It opens 270° to lay out of the way against the side of the case.)

The only problem I have with the 900 is that I have the older version, the one without the holes to hide the cables, even though I just bought it. Cable management is a problem, but other than that no complaints.

Where did you get it? We've completely sold out on new stock several times through our new huge warehouse... Sounds like somebody's stock rotation isn't working right out there. My 900 is the older style and for cable management, I have moved the drive bays up one slot so there is an empty compartment at the bottom front of the case. Any extra cable lengths are pulled down and shoved under the bottom drive bay. Easy for the lazy people like me.:)

Nobody will think that about the V1000 series. The experience of it in real life, supersedes the pictures by about a million percent.

If you're into the GAMERLOLOL SUPER GUARDIAN AWESOME FLASH cases, then you won't like the Lian Li's. Probably, ever.

The V1000 series, modeled from the PowermacG5 series, are the most gorgeous cases produced to date IMO, with the exception of some of the expensive Silverstones.

What a coincidence! Actually I&#8217;ve been circling around LIAN LI PC-V1000BPLUSII W since along time now
aluminum, With Side Panel Window, 490cm height (I wanted something around 450 but anything under 500 is good), NO FRONT DOOR :D around 8 kg and of course ... LiLi quality

But&#8230;.well&#8230;..I&#8230;..ummmmm&#8230;. I can&#8217;t just get over a pic like this

11112118uy0.jpg

ya ya ya childish flashy awesome wow lol, I&#8217;m not saying that I like that Raidmax steel thing in the pic, but the Lian doesn&#8217;t look elegant to me though I might pick the V1000 eventually

I dont like this
dsc00828ib3.jpg

and this is OK
Hyu_Sonta_Rim.jpg

but whu not this :D
MediaCat44.jpg

It also has the power to find dust from miles away and suck it in the case. The antec 900 should have been called the antec dustball, great cooling until everything is coated in a layer of dust that is virtualy unremovable.

I hate my 900 with a passion the cooling was great at first but im tired of digging giant clumps of dust out of my video card every other week with tweasers. Not to mention the dust makes my zalman 9500 nearly worthless after a week.

But back on topic, dont forget about silverstone cases!

I agree 100%. I switched to a p182 for that exact reason, and cable management too.

Wouldn't a TJ09 or any computer without a dust filter suffer the same dust problem? All my cases now have dust filters - and many Lian Li's do but not all..

Pete

to bad its true.....

No it's not, when I think Lian Li, the first image that pops into mind is a brushed aluminum case that's perfectly square (rectangular)

Here, two results from a simple google image search. Search criteria was "antec" and "lian li"

antec_ninehundred.jpg

index.1.jpg

Which one is more square?
:D

They are nice cases though, but a little too rich for my blood.

[edit]
FWIW, my favorite case was the Antec SX series up until I replaced mine with the CM690.

I was going to go for the P182, but it's about 1" too tall to fit in my desk. :( Plus the rebate on the CM690 sealed the deal.

Antecrep, YGPM

Yeah it's good. But if you want to find negatives this is what I have heard.

1) it doesn't have good wire management.
2) You hear your hard drives because of the mesh on the side.
3) No dust filter.

Cases like say the Lian Li PC-A70 or the Antec 182 don't have these problems..

ahh i see so i guess i can scratch that out of my lst. what amout CM staker 830's? do they gather alot of dust and are they quiete when you install all the 120mm fans inside it? last i heard it takes up to 9 of those?

Newegg watermark and all... Im sure you just did a quick google image search for that picture :rolleyes:

Page 5 of a google image search of antec and i have yet to come across that picture.

Not to mention an image search of lian li the third picture (Right before the one you used here) happens to be the 25th anniversary case. Wonder why you wouldnt use that as your example.

But hey no slanted opinions here right.

Newegg watermark and all... Im sure you just did a quick google image search for that picture :rolleyes:

Page 5 of a google image search of antec and i have yet to come across that picture.

Why would I make that up? You took the time to search, so I took the time to take some screenshots. :D :D :D

First row, 5th image over.

Over the years, I read a lot about Lian Li and how their cases are ultra highend, so back in July, I decided to get a A05-B, but I had to rma it to Newegg because it arrived with poorly drilled motherboard standoff holes and missing hardware.
Instead, i replaced it with an Antec P180. The antec might not have nice aluminum casing, but I find the P180 to be a better quality case and more solid than the A05-B. The A05-B felt a bit flimsy and somewhat"cheap" and it also showed finger prints too easliy...

And I bet that Antec case with the mirror finish wouldnt show fingerprints.:rolleyes:

Yeah my Lian Li PC-A70 shows fingerprints, But nothing some cleaner cant fix and this is my 1st LL, And I am highly impressed. The quality is great, No missing parts, No problems with the case either. Even got plenty of extra screws and so forth.

And I bet that Antec case with the mirror finish wouldnt show fingerprints.:rolleyes:

Yeah my Lian Li PC-A70 shows fingerprints, But nothing some cleaner cant fix.

ya, the mirror finish probably does, but i don't have that version :rolleyes: ;)

I wired up my P182 today. Its nice. I got it with a rebate. 100 total including tax, had free shipping. If my old case was a cable management nightmare, this case was a cable management wet dream with <insert whoever you think the most attractive female on the planet is> here.

That is all.

Truth be told, if i felt like waiting, i would have likely bought the new LL coming out in a few months with the standard mounting, and if i had the extra money.

That's an up-to-date screenshot. It's got the 1200 case on it.

Antec use to make aluminum cases, and I've built systems in a few of them. They tend to seem flimsy until you get all the stuff into it and then they get sturdier. I really liked the SuperLANboy, and I converted it to green LED fans. Since my KVM LED alternates blue and green, I can switch between my 900 (blue) and SuperLANboy (green) without any real thought. A girl gamer here uses the P160 for her LP rig.

Nevertheless, we're not planning to come out with new Al models. It's not like it contributes to cooling. If the hot parts were touching the case, it would. Since air is the cooling method, the case could be made of glass, steel, aluminum, or silver and still be within a degree or two as long as the internal shape and airflow was the same.

As for missing nuts or bolts, that's something that should be solveable with a phone call. It happens to any manufacturer, and when I was in support, I would just write the person's name and address on a priority mail envelope and send the drive rail or screws or whatever. They would usually get the part in 1-3 days. The drilling problem was unfortunate and warranted an RMA. Give me any aluminum case, and with only a hand tool, I can spin any threaded hole. From a manufacturing standpoint, steel is more predictable. I've never accidentally spun a screw in a steel case.

Yeah I have an Aluminum Antec - the P160. It's a perfectly okay case - once you add some dynamat to it. Before that the sides vibrated like crazy. It's a shame so many nice cases are made of Alu because honestly steel is a far superior. It's tons stronger and it muffles sound much better naturally.

I'd like a case with the features of a solo - with a nicer bezel and more cooling.

Pete

I went yesterday to a local computer shop in my city, they had a lot of Lian Li cases but not the V1000, the interesting thing here is that I really really liked the Armor Jr, I just loved it and loved the price and the window on the side, the guy there told me that all the V1000 was sold out but they'll order more, so I'll wait till I see it with my own eye, if I didn’t like it I guess I'll go for the Armor Jr

What I discovered yesterday…don’t depend on the pictures and see the case by your self, I also found that the silver Armor Jr looks better (to me) than the black one

and little tip here, don’t go for a full tower case unless you really need that huge space, or in love with some model

Back