I'm having trouble finding large push buttons

SpangeMonkee

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't seem to find momentary pushbuttons that are large enough for my project. I'm look for some rectangular buttons that are at least 1"x1.5" but nothing I find seems to be bigger than 0.75"

Indeed, such large buttons are rare. In manufacturing, for larger buttons, most would build their own plastic housing to hold another piece of plastic. A couple of thin springs, and a smaller plunger push button in the middle.

The largest I know are the NKK series UB2 buttons which are about 0.75 inches on a side.

What are you making? A Simon game?

mikeblas said:
Indeed, such large buttons are rare. In manufacturing, for larger buttons, most would build their own plastic housing to hold another piece of plastic. A couple of thin springs, and a smaller plunger push button in the middle.

The largest I know are the NKK series UB2 buttons which are about 0.75 inches on a side.

What are you making? A Simon game?

Yeah, I saw those NKK switches. Just a tad too small.

I'm making a Guitar Hero controller. I was thinkin' that I'd prolly have to make some buttons of my own. But that's just a pain. ;)

thanks, but they seem to make only undusstrial grade grade, really expensive stuff. I can't pay $75 for a button. :eek:

Oh, yeah! Video games! Great idea. These are 1.58 inches by 0.92 inches.

those happ switches are reliable. i used to work in a place that mad eVLTs and they used them in all the machines with never a problem. they are big though,

when you get them they seem kind of cheap and plasticy. but once they are in the panel they are fine.

Back