input lag

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
i'm getting this really annoying mouse/keyboard lag in unreal-based games. i can't reproduce it exactly, but it just happens sometimes. doesn't really matter how complex the scene is. as far as i can tell, it only happens in the unreal engine (ut2004, frag ops (mod), america's army) i haven't really noticed it in farcry or half-life 2, but i should probably play those for a while to make sure it is just unreal (woohoo an excuse!)

specs (the ones that should matter):
asus a7n8x deluxe w/ an ethernet bridge enabled - i think i have the latest drivers
ati AIW 9000 pro - latest drivers (AFAIK)
logitech MX Duo - latest drivers (again, AFAIK... that was one of the first things i checked, though) plugged in on PS/2, mouse set to 200hz. happens at default too.
windows XP pro w/ sp2
not the latest version of ut2004, but america's army 2.3. since it happens in both i don't think it is an issue with the game.

this just started recently... the changes are the video card (from a standard 9000 pro, newer drivers) and the ethernet bridge. i don't think that it started right after i put the video card in, and i didn't really notice anything inbetween enabling the network bridge and installing the different video card.

any ideas?

could it be your mouse pad or whatever you are using? I find that I have a some problems when trying to use my optical mouse on my desk as it has a slightly reflective finish.

i don't think that's it cause the keyboard does it too (at the same time) it's like the ps/2 is lagging or something... it does it in botmatches and internet games...

any other ideas?

Back