Installed 8800GS, PC Freezes now?

TopGun

Gawd
I installed my 8800GS on Tuesday and game's run fine and I get good performance.
The thing that is bothering me is now my pc will freeze randomly for short amounts of time,
I can close the control panel and it will freeze, play Need for speed underground 2 for an hour
and all of a sudden it will freeze for a short period, sound loops yadda yadda. When I press the caps lock button while it's frozen the light on the keyboard doesn't come on but Scroll Lock does o_O

I kinda ruled out the power supply just because I figured if it was the psu then my computer would crash and bsod. I've also read on a newegg review of the same psu that a guy was running a c2d @ 4ghz with an 8800GT so I think the psu is fine.

I'm going to try the Nvidia beta drivers and see if that changes anything, but do you guys have any ideas?

edit: the sound drivers I ruled out because I didn't have any freezing with my old gfx card.

Thanks
-TopGun

Seems like the 174.74's might have sorted it out, I'll post if it comes back/happens again.

This is starting to get anoying.
I could game all day and be fine but just had it come up again.
I was playing call of duty 4 all fine and dandy but after a little while
after a map change my game froze, then crashed. Windows was super
sluggish for about 5minutes then it went back to normal... Now if I run
the HDR demo I have and close it the pc freezes for a little bit after I close it.

Temps are all cool, I really need to figure this out.
I'm running the latest Beta drivers for my 8800 and had the issue
with the whql ones as well. I'm leaning towards driver conflict because
I didn't have this issue with my other video card.

Those are not the right drivers for that card. You need 169.25 for whatever OS your running.
They're beta drivers, I installed new sound drivers and it seems like it's been fine...so far.
And that guy's my friend, he's weird sometimes so idk...

For a 8800gs your should use 169.32 drivers. Those are what I'm using and the card has been running great for me.

Back