Intel S3210SHLC problems

unhappy_mage

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005
My computer has gone into some sort of coma. When I plug in power (and only power! no front-panel buttons, no USB, no video, no expansion cards, nothing) and turn the power supply on, it goes on for maybe half a second, then power cuts out again, and it loops like that. This machine worked fine an hour ago, then I swapped some cards around and it went dead.

I've tried with two power supplies, and they both give the same symptoms. I removed the motherboard from the case, same thing. I took out all the memory, same thing. Anything else in particular I should try before I bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Edit: just took out and re-seated the processor, no change. Also, the internal debugging lights at the back of the board all flash red immediately before the power cycles.

Last edited:
I swapped processors with my media center box, and it looks like the processor is fine but the board is bad. Unfortunately, I bought this board from eBay with no warranty, so it looks like I'll have to splash out for a new one again. Sigh.

Back