IP35 Pro bootup issues

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi guys. I have a new build with an IP35 pro that I've decided to finally install. Just to get this out of the way, here are the specs.

IP35 Pro
Q6600 G0
8 gig G.Skill DDR2800
Geforce 8800 Ultra watercooled
Thermaltake 850 ToughPower

This is my problem right now. I have everything installed, everything is wired up properly. I flip the power switch on the PSU and I get a red light and the digital readout shows 00, but when I turn on the power switch the system wants to boot up, but it barely gets the fans moving and then resets and tries again. It's like it blips on for power and then shuts off and blips on for power and shuts off and it keeps doing this. I thought it might be the ram, so i took them all out except for one stick, but it still does it. No other peripherals except the video card and one stick of ram are in it.

I've done a search for this issue and I can't find one here and the Abit forums are either down or gone. Does anyone have a solution to this or know what the problem is? Any help would be great at this point. Thanks.

i have this problem almost everytime i change settings in bios (usually after ocing) I dunno why you are having it tho since its a new system.

Try resetting your bios with the CMOS reset jumper on your board, that usually fixes the problem for me.

i have this problem almost everytime i change settings in bios (usually after ocing) I dunno why you are having it tho since its a new system.

Try resetting your bios with the CMOS reset jumper on your board, that usually fixes the problem for me.

After multiple bios jumperings that didn't work, I thought to myself that the cpu might not be getting enough 12v juice, so I unplugged the 12v cpu socket and powered up the machine. Obviously I got nothing, but I did get a different error code 9.7. Then I powered the unit off and plugged the 12v back in and powered up again. That seemed to work. Then as luck would have it that didn't last to long and I barely got into the bios and then I heard a zap and the machine died and it gave me an error code of 8.2.

So I said screw this I'm taking the board back and getting another one. As I took the board out I just happened to flip it on it's back side and lo and behold there is a trace that has basically turned into a fuse and burned out. Fried the board. Pisses me off, but I'm going to try again later.

on the back of the board where the keyboard/mouse plugs in. There is a little bios reset make sure thats not set. I have almost the same setup as you.

on the back of the board where the keyboard/mouse plugs in. There is a little bios reset make sure thats not set. I have almost the same setup as you.

Yup. I made sure that wasn't the issue and it wasn't and I'll keep a watch on it next time. For right now I'm putting my old ab9 quadgt back, but I'm having an issue with that now too. Sometimes I hate this part of working with pc's, but it's the life I chose. :D

Yup. I made sure that wasn't the issue and it wasn't and I'll keep a watch on it next time. For right now I'm putting my old ab9 quadgt back, but I'm having an issue with that now too. Sometimes I hate this part of working with pc's, but it's the life I chose. :D

I had problems at first with OCing this board. Its very picky. I will reset the bios and try everything at stock first to see what you get

I had problems at first with OCing this board. Its very picky. I will reset the bios and try everything at stock first to see what you get

It's fried. I don't know how it happened, but I was able to get past my problems and boot it up. It wasn't up for more than a few minutes and then zap. It's dead. I looked to see what blew and you can see a trace that basically turned into a fuse. It burned through the epoxy lamination and halfway up the trace, the trace itself was missing and the rest of the trace was exposed. It shorted on something. So it's dead.

Bummer! That's a nice board!

I hope Abit can help you out!

the company stopped making mobos all together, so i dunno if they still have customer support...Anyways, from my own experince, the ip35 pro had been a very annoying board to deal with. I constantly run into booting problems for no apparent reason, and get a lot of BSODs because of the high pwm temp.

Bummer! That's a nice board!

I hope Abit can help you out!

I doubt it. I'm basically done with abit and moved to ASUS and so far so good. Abit was great and I was an Abit fanboy, but that's over with now and it appears Abit has finally bitten the dust in terms of motherboard manufacturing. Oh well, you just have to chalk this stuff up to experience.

It's fried. I don't know how it happened, but I was able to get past my problems and boot it up. It wasn't up for more than a few minutes and then zap. It's dead. I looked to see what blew and you can see a trace that basically turned into a fuse. It burned through the epoxy lamination and halfway up the trace, the trace itself was missing and the rest of the trace was exposed. It shorted on something. So it's dead.

Thats ruff, i love my board. If its under warranty, they should replace it

Back