iPad mini (OG) battery question

jamsomito

2[H]4U
I've had my original iPad mini (not the new retina one) for a few days. I'm a little confused by the battery. My wife's iPad 2 will drain maybe a couple percentage points on standby for 24 hours. My iPad mini will drain anywhere from 10%-20% in 24 hours. I shut off bluetooth and mobile data and that seemed to help, but I'm still surprised by it's inability to hold a charge when it shouldn't be doing anything. Am I missing a setting that stops activity when it goes to sleep or something?

Hey jamsomito, are you running iOS 7.0.4? Here is a list of tips that can increase your battery life in iOS 7. Also, double check the "Lock/Unlock" and the "Auto-Lock" settings (under Settings > General) are enabled. Some users were reporting that these setting were disabled, causing the iPad not to lock when using a cover.

iPad 2 had a 25Whr battery, while the iPad mini only has a 16Whr battery. With both having the same processor and resolution, the mini is not going to last as long on a charge.

I am on 7.0.3. Lock/Unlock and Auto-unlock are enabled. I'll check out the link you posted too.

Should I update my OS?

Back