iPod or iRiver

Apple just came out with a new IPod. I saw it in Circuit City when I was buying my iRiver. It was ~the size of a credit card, and it said they're coming out with a 20, 40, and 60 GB version. Very slick. Anyways, right now, I would get an iRiver, because they have very good sound quality and very reliable. I love mine

I was kinda leaning for the iRiver since I heard about some problems with the ipod connection to the computer. Thanks for the info.
I'm gunna have to take a look at these new iPods... but I got a feeling they are going to be way out of my price range. :p

Any other opinions?

Originally posted by tcompton2
iPOD
iPOD
iPOD
:D

Great informative post.

The new minis are listed at around $250 for the iPOD. The main reason I'm leaning towards iPOD is just because of the FM transmitter. . . so I can use it wirelessly in my car and at my home stereo. I'm not a person who needs 20Gb of storage. . . I've got around that many mp3s, but don't think I'd ever need that many carried around with me.

The iRiver has every feature you can want, and a great remote.

The ipod is smaller., but not by much. The IRiver is the smallest non-ipod 20 gig device.

and the 20 gig ipod is 299...and the 20 gig ipod is 399...

Edit - Ah, you missed the Amazon deal. it's 330 at amazon.

But seriously, get your ass out to Compusa or Best buy, and pick up each player and decide which one you like better.

I have the second generation ipod and I'm satisfied with it. The only thing I don't like about it is battery life and no remote display.

If you get the iRiver, make sure you get the iRock400 FM Transmitter so you can play your mp3s on anything that picks up a FM frequency :)

I have the 20g iPOD and I love it. Personally, I only wanted an MP3 player. I don't want the extra options.

On a side note, if you decide to go with an iPOD check Best Buy. My brother went there yesterday and found a 40gig "open item". 14 day no questions asks return policy if there was something wrong with it, and it only cost him $399.99.

I have never been fondling the iRiver, so I can´t verify it´s sexyness, but the iPod, which I do have...is lovely!
Wether pc or mac, the iPod´s got your back (...and it makes you wanna rhyme too). :D

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I will take Retro Rex's advice and get my ass down to best buy and check out what they have.

isnt apple under lawsuit about people complaining about battery life and charging them $200 to replace the damn thing?

fawk, i heard that and got turned off from Icrap

Originally posted by AR
Great informative post.

The new minis are listed at around $250 for the iPOD. The main reason I'm leaning towards iPOD is just because of the FM transmitter. . . so I can use it wirelessly in my car and at my home stereo. I'm not a person who needs 20Gb of storage. . . I've got around that many mp3s, but don't think I'd ever need that many carried around with me.
You can pick up a universal for 30 bucks that will work with anything.
We have em at RadioShack

I did a lot of testing and for sound quality it was the Zen or iRiver, the iPod couldn't touch them. I went with the iRiver though because of the file support, recording abilities, FM tuner, battery life, size and of course the top notch sound quality (like the Zen).

The 20 gig iRiver is roughly the same size as the 40 gig iPod (about a millimeter thicker then the 20 gig iPod) and o so much more capable.

Anyway, that's my take. The iPods win the popular award but they don't carry enough weight technically and to my ears to be worth fitting the norm. The new minis are cute, but that's pretty much it. lol

Well, I was at Best Buy today and saw that the Creative Zen Xtra 40gb was on clearance for $250 so I picked one up, and it's awesome. Great quality, and I saved about $50 since it's on clearance. Don't know why, but who cares, as long as I saved money!

Back