Is it too late to get into World of Warcraft?

I got into it late and it was fun for a while but I just can't handle doing the same thing over and over for 70 levels. I don't get what all the fuss is about, PvP is kinda fun though.

Exactly, I got to 55 and 40 pre-gay leveling patch. Honestly. it was fun for awhile, but nothing to drool over. Eventually, you get used to areas and the fact that there is no story to follow, kills the game for me. It's same shit over and over again until you get to 60, then it's raid raid raid. For somebody like me that barely has any free time, game was too consuming. I prefer LOTRO to WoW, just personal preference. They have 7 day trial, I would check it out :).

It's not too late to get into WoW but be aware that you WILL have to work your ass off to catch up, unless you're content with just playing at your own pace while ultimately missing out on a lot of the game. At least on my server, finding runs for regular 5 man instances can be a pain as many people tend to only do heroics, if they even bother to do 5 man content at all. So, you will find it somewhat difficult to get a full set of max level blue gear. Additionally, if you want to get involved in the arena you will find that their is a huge gear barrier to get around and most teams will absolutely smash you. Perhaps joining a guild of people in a similar state of progression would make it easier, but I really don't know as I'm in a raiding guild.

Actually youre the idiot. A guide can help you organize your quests so you do them in a more efficient order, so you spend less time flying around or going back and forth to different places. Do you have any idea how much time you can waste just traveling from point A to B? A guide is more like a travel planner than anything else. It also helps you avoid quests that dont give you jack for your effort.

Actually no, you are the idiot. If you can't organize your quests your self in an efficient manner, and can't figure in what order to do your quests in the way that would be most efficient then you are the idiot. I didn't personally attack anyone but now that you put it out there I will direct it to you. If you have to have someone else plan out your travels in wow then you are the idiot. I never personally attacked anyone, I don't need a guide to tell me what to do, when to do it, the best way to do it, if you need a guide for all that then you are the idiot.

Calling me an idiot for not needing a guide for all those things is anything but being an idiot.

Fun game but very addictive and time consuming, I would recommend if you have nothing better to do, but if you want to do something with your life and stuff I wouldnt recommend, this is coming from a veteran wow player.

Fun game but very addictive and time consuming, I would recommend if you have nothing better to do, but if you want to do something with your life and stuff I wouldnt recommend, this is coming from a veteran wow player.
This is very true. I don't play much anymore because the game is rigged to make you keep playing (that's the nature of mmo's). I just pvp every now and then and thats enough for me.

Actually no, you are the idiot. If you can't organize your quests your self in an efficient manner, and can't figure in what order to do your quests in the way that would be most efficient then you are the idiot. I didn't personally attack anyone but now that you put it out there I will direct it to you. If you have to have someone else plan out your travels in wow then you are the idiot. I never personally attacked anyone, I don't need a guide to tell me what to do, when to do it, the best way to do it, if you need a guide for all that then you are the idiot.

Calling me an idiot for not needing a guide for all those things is anything but being an idiot.

Maybe you can organize hundreds of quests all with different xp and loot rewards, objectives, coordinates, tips, etc in your head but most humans cannot.

It's not too late to get into WoW but be aware that you WILL have to work your ass off to catch up, unless you're content with just playing at your own pace while ultimately missing out on a lot of the game. At least on my server, finding runs for regular 5 man instances can be a pain as many people tend to only do heroics, if they even bother to do 5 man content at all. So, you will find it somewhat difficult to get a full set of max level blue gear. Additionally, if you want to get involved in the arena you will find that their is a huge gear barrier to get around and most teams will absolutely smash you. Perhaps joining a guild of people in a similar state of progression would make it easier, but I really don't know as I'm in a raiding guild.
good point, new people are facing a huge mountain to climb if they are starting from the very beginning and dont know anyone. if i didnt know people in 2000+ arena teams and if my old guild handn't finished all the raid content I wouldnt even think of going back.

Maybe you can organize hundreds of quests all with different xp and loot rewards, objectives, coordinates, tips, etc in your head but most humans cannot.

The loot reward shows up in the quest, also the objectives, and the general area where to complete the quest. If you need more help beyond that there is always thottbot. There a few quests in the game that are very vague but the vast majority tell you the reward (not xp wise though but most quests give around same xp at a given level), the location to go and the objectives.

You can always ask in chat if you get stuck too.

The loot reward shows up in the quest, also the objectives, and the general area where to complete the quest. If you need more help beyond that there is always thottbot. There a few quests in the game that are very vague but the vast majority tell you the reward (not xp wise though but most quests give around same xp at a given level), the location to go and the objectives.

You can always ask in chat if you get stuck too.
But if you want to keep the maximum XP/hour rate you can't just be doing quests randomly and exploring the zones looking for objectives, and flying back and forth from town to town to turn in. You need to know which quests to pick up and when, which ones to skip, when to turn in, how to finish chains in the most efficient way, and you need lots of coordinates. What a guide does is plan all that for you for maximum efficiency and XP/hour, it will guide you through the massive worlds with minimum backtracking and keep you killing orange/yellow mobs. Its not about holding your hand and telling you how to kill Van Cleef, its about getting you to the level cap as fast as humanly possible.

But if you want to keep the maximum XP/hour rate you can't just be doing quests randomly and exploring the zones looking for objectives, and flying back and forth from town to town to turn in. You need to know which quests to pick up and when, which ones to skip, when to turn in, how to finish chains in the most efficient way, and you need lots of coordinates. What a guide does is plan all that for you for maximum efficiency and XP/hour, it will guide you through the massive worlds with minimum backtracking and keep you killing orange/yellow mobs. Its not about holding your hand and telling you how to kill Van Cleef, its about getting you to the level cap as fast as humanly possible.

You do realize that who ever wrote the guide did not have a guide? They figured that all out on their own? It's not hard to do. Also you are taking one persons path 60/70 as being the fastest, and you do not know for a fact that it is actually the fastest but you take their word for it. There are plenty of ways faster to 70 then a guide, people just seem to think that a guide tells them it is the fastest that is in fact the fastest way.

If you want to follow a guide thats fine but telling me its the fastest/most efficient way to 70 is just ridiculous because you are only saying that because the guide says its the fastest way, you haven't tried to find the fastest way yourself.

yup anytime good time to join, i even offer any new players a invitation to come play with my guild of techs lol . aerie peak server - one of the higher population servers.

msg me - uncleteabag if interested, let me know if your a hardforum member.If your new to server we will hook you up .

You do realize that who ever wrote the guide did not have a guide? They figured that all out on their own? It's not hard to do. Also you are taking one persons path 60/70 as being the fastest, and you do not know for a fact that it is actually the fastest but you take their word for it. There are plenty of ways faster to 70 then a guide, people just seem to think that a guide tells them it is the fastest that is in fact the fastest way.

If you want to follow a guide thats fine but telling me its the fastest/most efficient way to 70 is just ridiculous because you are only saying that because the guide says its the fastest way, you haven't tried to find the fastest way yourself.
I was talking 0-60 not 60-70. 0-60 is a chore to me so I would want to get it out of the way asap and go to outland where the instances are actually fun. I barely did any quests in Outland at all as we were too busy running all the instances over and over, more xp that way and you dont have to kill x and collect y.

I know you are but what am I? :rolleyes: Stop calling people idiots because they dont have a 100% memory and or maybe STARTING for the FIRST time and dont wanna waste time dicking around with useless quests chains and trying to ask for help in Barrens Chat!

"Is such such quest worth doing?"
"CHUCK NORRIS ROUNDHOUSED YOUR MOM BITCH"

yeah thats helpful. Guides are very useful for first timers or people who cant remember every single quests they ever did. Dipshit.

I know you are but what am I? :rolleyes: Stop calling people idiots because they dont have a 100% memory and or maybe STARTING for the FIRST time and dont wanna waste time dicking around with useless quests chains and trying to ask for help in Barrens Chat!

"Is such such quest worth doing?"
"CHUCK NORRIS ROUNDHOUSED YOUR MOM BITCH"

yeah thats helpful. Guides are very useful for first timers or people who cant remember every single quests they ever did. Dipshit.

The only person I called an idiot was you, and thats what you are because apparently you have a problem managing your time, talents, and mental abilities. You seem to know a lot about how barrens chat goes, probably since you contribute the most to it with the Chuck Norris comments you posted. If you can't look at quests and say this is worth it to me to do, this isn't worth to me to do or ask for help when you need it then you are an idiot. You are an idiot to assume that if you asked in chat this is the only response you would get. You may get response like that but you will also get someone that will help you, most likely you will get more responses of help then retards like you.

I was talking 0-60 not 60-70. 0-60 is a chore to me so I would want to get it out of the way asap and go to outland where the instances are actually fun. I barely did any quests in Outland at all as we were too busy running all the instances over and over, more xp that way and you dont have to kill x and collect y.

So was I, I put 60/70 to signify a guide to 1-60 or 1-70. All instances are is kill x and collect y. X being boss, y being loot. Only thing it eliminates from questing is turning in the quest for a reward.

Now is a good as time as any to get into WoW, if thats what you want to do. No matter when you start there will always people leveling up with you, and there will always be a new guild that will start raiding soon.

Now is a good as time as any to get into WoW, if thats what you want to do. No matter when you start there will always people leveling up with you, and there will always be a new guild that will start raiding soon.

I would level on a medium or heavy pop server, I leveled my rogue partly on a low pop server and there was practically nobody ever leveling, getting groups was next to impossible. On a medium or heavy server there are always people leveling and grouping.

I would level on a medium or heavy pop server, I leveled my rogue partly on a low pop server and there was practically nobody ever leveling, getting groups was next to impossible. On a medium or heavy server there are always people leveling and grouping.

Or you could even wait for a new server, or just join a relativley new existing one.

Or you could even wait for a new server, or just join a relativley new existing one.
bad idea, it will be many months until you get anywhere raiding and the rest of the battlegroup will WTFPWN you in pvp. A good player can advance very quickly if you learn the game fast and make friends, you will be able to join a guild that is already doing end-game content. If you roll on a new server however no matter how fast you progress you will have to wait for the rest to catch up, it will take forever.

wont bother, high pop server economy is very well established. surf different population realms. the low to new is like stepping back into the stone age, from a economic stand point.Also with a high population, the rare and epics drops show up more.

with 2.3 and loot system changed, levelin can be done very fast now.

New servers usually don't turn out well people level to 30 on them and then completely stop. There are maybe 15 70's on at prime time. People want new servers but are never willing to commit to them. Usually the 70's that are on the new servers transfer off making the server even worse and then you get the low pop server that wow has now.

Can I just play myself? Without finding people to ally with? I mean, Im sure it will happen or whatever, but my schedule is so erratic, I will just pick up and play whenever I have time. I wont have the time to meet and play at a certain time, or whatever.

Can do you this game alone?

Can I just play myself? Without finding people to ally with? I mean, Im sure it will happen or whatever, but my schedule is so erratic, I will just pick up and play whenever I have time. I wont have the time to meet and play at a certain time, or whatever.

Very much so, you can solo all the way to 70 without any problems, there a few quests that are made for 2+ that might give you some problems but usually they are soloable, just takes a little longer.

Yep. You can pretty much solo everything...every once in awhile you may need a hand but its not that difficult. If you want, you are welcome to try on Anub'Arak. We'll toss you on our very small guild and if you need a hand, we can help. I actually rolled a bunch of alts I'm futzing with now, alliance though.

I disagree with you munkle, a guide can and will help you level more efficiently.

There is no possible way you can have every objective of every quest and the locations of each memorized. OFTEN times you will be able to complete two simultaneously with no indication of that possibility from the in-game quest descriptions. The guide is there to alert you to such possibilities, to maximize your questing efficiency.

If you say you can do that for every quest in the game without any guide then you are a walking talking thottbot.com and should be analyzed by scary men in black suits.

It is a pretty simple concept, this guy has the fastest recorded 0-60 time... he wrote a guide on leveling efficiently... I would take his advice.

the guides really are useful for 10-60. alot of quests will have you running all over the world, and if you dont grab the right ones while you are at certain places you will be going back there multiple times. big time waste.

in 60-70, most quests are organized around little zones within each map. so getting 5-6 quests and doing them is very clean and easy.

but yeah you can still start, if you get to 70 you can pvp for a few weeks and get some very nice upgrades.

I disagree with you munkle, a guide can and will help you level more efficiently.

There is no possible way you can have every objective of every quest and the locations of each memorized. OFTEN times you will be able to complete two simultaneously with no indication of that possibility from the in-game quest descriptions. The guide is there to alert you to such possibilities, to maximize your questing efficiency.

If you say you can do that for every quest in the game without any guide then you are a walking talking thottbot.com and should be analyzed by scary men in black suits.

It is a pretty simple concept, this guy has the fastest recorded 0-60 time... he wrote a guide on leveling efficiently... I would take his advice.

I never said I had every quest memorized, what I do is I actually READ the quest, if you READ the quest it will tell you where to go and what to do to complete the quest, it's amazing usually most of the directions to complete a quest are in the quest log. Also by reading the quest log you can see that there will be quests you can complete at the same time.

Fastest to 60 that you know of, could be someone faster that didn't post it all over the web, it was a hunter which is the fastest class to level, leveling is different for all classes. Most of the guides I have seen don't even apply to todays wow, a lot of them say don't do dungeons because of a waste of time and xp. Well dungeons are alot better now, they improved the xp and loot of all of them.

You can follow a guide if you want, I never said that nobody couldn't follow guides (to many negatives in that sentence :p), I said to me its simply idiotic to follow one. So far most of the response I have seen to using a guide boil down to this, "I want to level as fast and efficiently as I can and don't want to figure it out myself". Everyone is free to do what they want but I will figure it out for myself.

Its a fun game extremely addictive and has consistent Chuck Norris jokes.

As far as immature players go, if you end up on Emerald Dream server there are idiots on both sides.

Be prepared however if you roll a PvP server as getting camped is part of the game, so it doesnt hurt to have a few characters to work on.

Daunted 70 Prot Warrior
Fathoms 66 Rogue

If you value free-thought and your time, I suggest you don't play WoW.

It will take your dreams and your waking life if you aren't careful. For the sake of your sanity, if you're out of the WoW world, stay out.

If you value free-thought and your time, I suggest you don't play WoW.

It will take your dreams and your waking life if you aren't careful. For the sake of your sanity, if you're out of the WoW world, stay out.

This is definately a post from someone who

A. Got sucked in and played hours and hours doing nothing but WoW
B. Had a friend who got sucked in and it almost ruined their life

You have to limit yourself when playing games. People say crap about WoW all the time but its no different from the folks who play fps like GoW or HL or anyother game like that.

I have friends that play GoW and Halo/2 from the time they get off work till they go to bed very late. They talk about it non stop and they even have a set time they need to be on like it was one of their favorite reality shows.

Any game can run your life, WoW is just really really popular and people are weak willed so its brought up more often!!

Yes and no. You can level solo just fine and it's probably faster than grouping unless you have 4 other people with whom you can run instances over and over. However when you get to 70 you will most likely need to schedule your play with others for arena and raiding. Sure you can just log in and spam LFG looking for a heroic group but you might not find anything. You can pvp solo but pugs are usually a zergfest of idiots all trying to get their HKs while the other team is actually getting points and winning the round. Forget about arena without a team (which will definitely need to be organized and scheduled) and raiding without a guild.

One: it's against the tos.
Two: usually bought accounts are hijacked back by their original owners.
Three: if not hijacked back they are usually banned by blizzard.

one: its not illegal in anyway so if your good and don't get banned your good (is hard for a good botter to get caught)
two: not at all if you buy from a trusted source or company, they are out there
three: not at all i know people who bot everyday and make a few lvl 70s every month or so and has only gotten 3 characters suspended (not banned) ever.

Grouping for dungeons (instancing) and the constant threat of being ganked while out and about (pvp server) helps to spice things up.

I played on a PvP server for 65 levels...still didn't find it fun, it felt like work after a while.

Get into something that's not so brain washing. Gary's mod online, Eve online, Guild Wars, Team Fortress, ect. They all can be abused (brainwashing), but they are all revolutionary in their own ways imo.

one: its not illegal in anyway so if your good and don't get banned your good (is hard for a good botter to get caught)
two: not at all if you buy from a trusted source or company, they are out there
three: not at all i know people who bot everyday and make a few lvl 70s every month or so and has only gotten 3 characters suspended (not banned) ever.

Never said it was illegal, I said it was agains't the tos. Anyone who buys or bots their account deserves to be banned.

I never said I had every quest memorized, what I do is I actually READ the quest, if you READ the quest it will tell you where to go and what to do to complete the quest, it's amazing usually most of the directions to complete a quest are in the quest log. Also by reading the quest log you can see that there will be quests you can complete at the same time.

Yes, you can read the descriptions of the quests you HAVE... you cannot however read the descriptions of quests you have not picked up that you SHOULD pick up to do at the same time as another one you have. You can't have all the quests in your log at once.

Fastest to 60 that you know of, could be someone faster that didn't post it all over the web, it was a hunter which is the fastest class to level, leveling is different for all classes. Most of the guides I have seen don't even apply to todays wow, a lot of them say don't do dungeons because of a waste of time and xp. Well dungeons are alot better now, they improved the xp and loot of all of them.

You're splitting hairs. If this guy has the fastest recorded time, his opinions and methods are worthwile reading for anyone that wants to level fast. It doesn't matter that someone out there might have done it faster, nice straw man tactic.

So far most of the response I have seen to using a guide boil down to this, "I want to level as fast and efficiently as I can and don't want to figure it out myself". Everyone is free to do what they want but I will figure it out for myself.

You are ignoring the fact that the person asking about this has already figured it all out for themselves and now justs wants to do it as fast as possible, you are generalizing the debate when it was in fact in regards to a specific person.

I think its funny he mentions that "its all in the quest log, zomg!"
Really? Some of the quest logs are very vague. "Go find this one guy wandering around in the southern part of the zone." Umm...OK?

Quest logs tell you jack about quest chains either...its nice to know that a certain quest chain takes you all over the damn world and gets you a janky piece of armor your class cant use.

Whatever, some people are just closed minded and think their way is the only way and anyone who thinks differently is stupid.

Back