It was a sad day

cooter

Gawd
:(

so this weekend i was testing out some new components for my media center PC (adding a 4400+ x2 cpu in place of the 3800+ single core cpu). Somewhere along the line of doing this testing my trusty old 9500 Pro decided to bit the bullet. It would not load drivers and started to give me a bit of corruption.

The graphics card has stood the test of time and when it died it made me think of the 9700 Pro's that treated me well for so many years as well.

I just wanted to send out a salute to a fallen card from a great release of GPU's.

I hear you, I still have my 9500 Pro working in an old system that I now use for Voip.

Those cards were the shizzle. I had a 9500 non-pro and a 9700 non-pro that were great cards.

I had a 9600XT that ran for a good 6 years nearly 24/7. the cooling fan had quit about 3 years before the system went down for other reasons. 2 months ago I rebuilt the system and sold it to a friend for his gf. As far as I know it still works now and still has no cooling fan.

I had a 9700 pro that I bought in a lot of broken video cards on ebay... I found which cap was bad, had a friend from our EE dept fix it, and it worked for 2 years until I bought an Asus 9800XT with the massive copper heatsink.

Sorry for your loss :(

I think I gave my 9700 Pro to a friend. Bought it used. It's still kicking for him for WoW.

But now this gives you a great excuse to upgrade to a newer, faster video card! :D

9800pro sittin in the closet, fan stopped working but not the card!

Ahh... The 9800Pro...

It served me well until I built a new PC that needed a PCI-e video card (X1900XT). I gave it my cousin.

The X1900XT served me well until it died recently.

The memories... My two 9600 Pros, the 64mb first and then the 128mb version later. Slightly afterwards my 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder, by far and away the best gpu I've ever owned! It died though, and there were two more 9800 Pros after it.

I really do miss that 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder, it overclocked like a beast on water and still gave me awesome tv!

RIP, the cards run to the end.
4667810.jpgg

I think I gave my 9700 Pro to a friend. Bought it used. It's still kicking for him for WoW.

I gave my old 9700 Pro to my GF's cousin. It took all the sims 2 games from laggy on integrated graphics to buttery smooth at 1024x768 with full details (monitor native res!). The best part is that it is running on an old crappy Compaq with a sempron and i didn't even have to upgrade the psu.

Back