Just bought Thermaltake Armor LCS case

UrineMachine

Limp Gawd
Hey all - I powdercoated my antec case and have the coolermaster Mini R120 in there... but I want to make sure I have more than enough cooling and they say the Mini R120 isn't expandable.

So, although I can't really afford it after building my system, I bought the Thermaltake Armor LCS with the liquid cooling setup. It has a 2x120mm radiator setup, which I can expand by adding another 2x120mm radiator setup later if I want. My main concern was that my current setup has the Cooler Master R120 cranked on high which is quite loud, with 3 80mm case fans churning full rpm trying to keep it all cool.

The new case is better vented with the 2x120mm radiator/fans in front, 120mm back exhaust, 92mm back exhaust, and an 80 or 92mm top vent fan. They are all rated 17 - 19 dB so it should be MUCH quieter than what I have now!

Anyway, this setup is going to house a Q6600 @ 3.0GHz (currently anyway), Nvidia 8800 gtx, 2 500gb drives, and should keep it all within reason, right?

Don't know why you'd say that - looking at all of the kits available that are "so great" have lower LPH flow pumps, same radiator size/quality, and same hosing diameter. The BigWater 745 gets good reviews with its same setup and 400L/H pump. The Armor LCS has the same 240x120mm rad with a 500L/H pump.

Oh - now I see why you say this. You bash two companies probably because you had an issue in the past.

Well, that's a good way of providing constructive input!

You should be more than fine with this LCS setup. People had bad experience with TT water products, to be honest i did not.

All you have to do is to make sure you screw the tubes correctly tight use renchs or keys for proper seal, and make sure don;t break it.

lol I'm just messing. They are one of the few products that actually aren'ttoo bad. But seriously for the price you could get an Thermalright that would probbably do same or maybe even better.

TT LCS comes with built in water cooling. How could have he bought Thermalright ?

Well, based on his choice we have to assume he needs both a new case and watercooling. Also, we can assume that he does not have much prior knowledge as to the ups and downs in watercooling.

OP, Be aware that many people have had issues with Acrylic cracking or leaking. Seeing as the CPU block is half acrylic, you have some worries there. Also, the Big water systems seems to have some pump issues (read newegg.com reviews), so if the pump fails your setup might be toast on that account. I have no experience with either of those failings, but people have complained. There is someone on the forums that has their Q6600 at 3ghz and its hitting 60C under load with the exact same WC/case setup you are looking at. If you are considering other options, I'd go for another case and use the saved money on a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, as it looks like it'd perform almost as well.

Worst case is I'll replace the CPU block/pump/resevoir. I don't like how trashy most water cooler setups look with radiators screwed to the back or hanging out the top

Worst case is I'll replace the CPU block/pump/resevoir. I don't like how trashy most water cooler setups look with radiators screwed to the back or hanging out the top

thats the best idea... theres nothing wrong with hooking up other stuff like pump etc to that rad i was gonna do the same.... i would get a nice pump with either a dtek fuzion or apogee gtx then you should be good to go... you could just do a t-line before the pump to save buying a res if you wanted to... i really would add at LEAST a 120mm rad to the loop if you're going to be running both the quad and gtx under water on a 240 rad.

What would the T afford me?

I was thinking that I will pick up a Fuzion is I can find one (wtf why are they out of stock where can i get one?) and add a 3x120 or 4x120 radiator fan on the underside of the case and put it on casters. Then, if I want, I can add the GPU to the loop.

Instead of buying 4 x 120mm rad, which will cost you same as PA 120.3. So i would recommend you buy PA 120.3 instead of 4 X 120mm rad.

Back