Just got a 3DS

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
What games should I think about getting;

I got Street Fighter with it when I bought it
and I already bought Zelda for it (OoT)
I am thinking about the Super Mario Brothers DS
and I loved the gameboy advanced game that was the RPG like mario game with the hammers ;0 that was fun (cant remember the name of it).

No one has any good suggestions for a 3ds game?

Mario Kart.
Right now it's the only other game I own besides Street Fighter. Both are great games, so I'm not too upset with my purchase.

I thought about Mario cart

Oh, also willing to take suggestions on DS games too.

devil survivor overclocked.

I almost bought a 3DS just for this. Also Devil Survivor 2 is coming out for the DS on February 28th.

My favorite game on DS.

Download the Resident Evil: Revelations demo, it's looking pretty good!

Get Pushmo too!

for the DS

any castlevania game.(i prefer dawn of sorrow)
Advance wars: dual strikes

They really need to remake Super Mario RPG for the 3DS, that game would make me want to get one.

Will be picking up Bowsers Inside Story, as I absolutely LOVED Marion & Luigie Superstar Saga (RPGx1).

i got my son a 3ds for xmas. i think i enjoy it as much as he does. playing mario kart reminds me of the N-64 days on the big donut battling it out with friends. i also enjoy the mario 3d. always lots of fun.

Mario 3DS
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Dead or Alive: Dimensions (since you like SF4, no e reason why you wouldn't like this game)

Off the 3DS shop, I would buy Tetris Live, and Zelda: Links Awakening :)

As for DS games, there's far too many to list, but I recommend all 3 Castlevania games, the Professor Layton Series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, both of the Advance Wars games. There's quite a few Final Fantasy titles as well. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 would be great for you, it has a kiddie feel for it, but not strategy-wise, just in the graphics and story, but the gameplay is all encompassing.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn isn't quite as good as the original Golden Sun games, but it's still worth a look.

Yeah, you owe it to yourself to get the 3 DS Castlevania games. They aren't as cheap as they probably should be (they're relatively old), but are worth the $15-20 you'll likely see them selling for.

So far heres what Ive listed;

Mario & Luigi RPG-3: Bowsers Inside Story
Chrono Trigger
Zelda: OoT
Knights in the Nightmare
Suikoden Tierkries
Castlevania (all 3)
Mario & Luigi RPG-2: Partners in Time
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
New Super Mario Brothers

I've played most of the ones listed above. They're all good recommendations.

Check out Pilotwings, too. I bought it online, new, for $18 shipped, and it's a pretty fun pick-up-and-play game if you have a few minutes here and there to waste. It's also not very hard, but its worth its cost if you can pick it up cheaply.

Street Fighter 4 and Mario Kart 7 are the only 3ds titles worth owning in my opinion. I would NOT recommend the Dead or Alive as others have. I found it boring and if you are into online play the matchmaking and just general process of online fights is a pain in the ass.

The Ghost Recon launch game was pretty awesome. If you like strategy games. It was pretty much the only 3DS game I played constantly (I had Pilotwings, SF4, and Lego Star Wars, gave them each a play through, but that was it). Granted, I sold it before Mario Kart and OoT.

I did pick up New Super Mario Brothers yesterday and find it an absolute BLAST! Reminded me quite heavily of SNES Super Mario Yoshi's Island in a fun way minus Yoshi of course.

I will be picking up the 3 castlevania's at the local GS today, they had all 3 yesterday and for about $18 used each, which is actually cheaper than Ive seen elsewhere, so around $55 for all 3 isnt to bad.

I do plan on getting 3-D Mario World and Bowsers story within the next few days too, so we will see.

I already have OoT, so thats no issue.

I tried Resident Evil, the demo of the new one, and I have to say, I kind of wasnt impressed at all. I really miss RE4 from GC at this point.

I did pick up New Super Mario Brothers yesterday and find it an absolute BLAST! Reminded me quite heavily of SNES Super Mario Yoshi's Island in a fun way minus Yoshi of course.

I will be picking up the 3 castlevania's at the local GS today, they had all 3 yesterday and for about $18 used each, which is actually cheaper than Ive seen elsewhere, so around $55 for all 3 isnt to bad.

I do plan on getting 3-D Mario World and Bowsers story within the next few days too, so we will see.

I already have OoT, so thats no issue.

I tried Resident Evil, the demo of the new one, and I have to say, I kind of wasnt impressed at all. I really miss RE4 from GC at this point.

You won't regret the Castlevania purchases, I fully expect that you will enjoy the puzzles and metroidvania gameplay

Picked up Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows, the other 2 were gone =[, also grabbed Final Fantasy Tactics A2. So not a bad pickup tonight.

Tomorow I get the last bit of cash I need to pick up the Nintendo Wii for my 3 year old son, so my money is going to that before I get another game for me.

Is StarFox any good? I didn't see anyone recommending it.

Is StarFox any good? I didn't see anyone recommending it.

I tried it, I didnt like it, 3d wise its not that bad, but I dont like the game unless im playing it directly on the N64 for some reason....

LOL ;)

I downloaded the Resident Evil demo today, I thought the demo was sort of disappointing. It seems to be getting good reviews though.

Back