Just got a new black Macbook!

Cool, enjoy it. How is the glossy screen?
Normaly I hate glossy screens...

zman5225 said:
It's only $150 extra for the paint job. Has a bigger hard drive :)

The guy says it has a matte finish. So I think its more than a paint job if the white version comes in the nice scratchable plastic we all love :)

that was...umm... very enlightening :rolleyes:

edit : i was only asking just incase if i missed something on the specs for the black macbook, FYI...

I just realized that Zooomr went down today :(

Anyhow, I will rehost them on flickr or something similar so sit tight everyone.

slaWter said:
Cool, enjoy it. How is the glossy screen?
Normaly I hate glossy screens...

Glossy screen similar to newer VAIOs with the x-bright screens. Love it or hate it. I love it.

Rare1 said:
Because they can....

I got the black (and paid the price) because I wanted to blend in and be different at the same time. Normal people won't pay this any attention at all at the airport or elsewhere (making it less likely of a theft target) and those in the know will recognize it for what it is. Personally, it all came down to asthetics for me. I didn't like the flat white inside of the MacBook (white).

synergyo1 said:
How is the keyboard and heat on the thing?

Keyboard is a bit funny, but it is very functional. The larger keyspacing actually makes my big gorilla fingers a bit more accurate (I think).

Edit: The heat isn't bad. I have it on my lap now, and it is warm, but not unconfortable (it is charging).

canis said:
Glossy screen similar to newer VAIOs with the x-bright screens. Love it or hate it. I love it.

Thanks for the pics.

But you show there the glossy screens, that is definitely a no go for me!

Considering it doesn't have a dedicated graphics adaptor then the heat production should be noticeably less than the MBP.

I like the look of the glossy screen, that's pretty cool, I've always loved those. As an added bonus: there is an option for a glossy screen on the 17" MacBookPro now too.

What would have been really sweet is if they had made the black MacBook glossy and shiney like the iPod.

I picked up the white one yesterday...had to basically force the Mac guy to go into the back and get it. The screen is FABULOUS! Watched a movie on it last night and it very clear and very bright. the top left hand corner gets a bit warm, but not to the point where I'd be thinking about taking it apart and reapplying thermal paste just yet.

I couldn't justify dropping $200 extra bucks on the black/matte finish and 20 more GB. As it is, I gonna have to drop another $100 to get more RAM.

Off to install Boot Camp ;)

NulloModo said:
What would have been really sweet is if they had made the black MacBook glossy and shiney like the iPod.

I think that would scratch easier, and then 3 months down the road folks would be bitching about how their MacBook is all scratched and they're gonna sue Apple. If my white one scratches, I probably won't see it as much.

Can someone post pics of a white macbook? I'm very interested in getting one, i'll end up going with the $1299 one as I need the super drive (dvd burner).

WesM63:

Note: these are not my photos nor my MacBook, but rather taken from various Flickr searches. Hopefully they help you out a bit.

148232875_9c191c8523.jpg

148232877_af41173d75.jpg

147925477_0044d80566.jpg

147883719_e76adb1aa9.jpg

Aurelius said:
WesM63:

Note: these are not my photos nor my MacBook, but rather taken from various Flickr searches. Hopefully they help you out a bit.

148232875_9c191c8523.jpg

148232877_af41173d75.jpg

147925477_0044d80566.jpg

147883719_e76adb1aa9.jpg

Thanks! The white is better looking than I thought.

why must the black macbook be so hot........... reminds me of the good ol' g3 powerbooks.

Jozone said:
why must the black macbook be so hot........... reminds me of the good ol' g3 powerbooks.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Is the new keyboard easy for touch-typers, it looks kind of recessed...

Congrats! Lucky, makes me more excited about wanting to get one...well a Mac that is..By the way, is the trackpad the same size as on the MBP?

StickClicks5 said:
Congrats! Lucky, makes me more excited about wanting to get one...well a Mac that is..By the way, is the trackpad the same size as on the MBP?

I'm not sure. I don't have a MBP to compare it to :(

Oh, darn, sorry. So what have you done to it in the time you have had it...less than 24 hours i presume..

StickClicks5 said:
Oh, darn, sorry. So what have you done to it in the time you have had it...less than 24 hours i presume..

I've spent most of my time trying to transfer my 30GB iTunes library while keeping my play counts and ratings intact. Other than that, I have been removing useless software, and installing some cool new apps. I also benchmarked it with Cinebench 4.0 to see how the GMA 950 stacked up to discrete graphics cards.

StickClicks5 said:

I'm *pretty* sure it's the same size as the 15" mbp pad...pretty much huge and wide.

canis said:
I also benchmarked it with Cinebench 4.0 to see how the GMA 950 stacked up to discrete graphics cards.
What's the hardware OpenGL score? I need to know this! There are no AppleStores in Sweden, and MacForum don't get the Macbooks for another two weeks... I'm considering selling my iBook from october and replacing it with the cheapo Macbook. But the integrated graphics is a bother.

nobi125 said:
Depends......which version of solitare do you want to play?

Back in the day I was able to play some 3D games on a PII desktop with Intel 740 graphics. It played Rainbox Six (can't remember which one, but it was all 3D like, came out after UT I think) well enough, struggled with UT a bit, but it was playable, I think I remember playing QuakeIII on it, but I can't remember, and games like starcraft, Warcraft, etc, all worked fine. The GMA950 is an improvement over the 740, so older games should run well enough, just don't expect to play FarCry, Oblivion, or Fear on the thing.

I can play Warcraft 3 with everything turned way the hell up on my iBook. Sure, the GMA950 is less powerful than the Radeon 9550, but not that much less powerful.

The GPU is the only thing keeping me away from a Macbook. and I read an article on the trackpad, to answer my own question, said that the macbooks trackpad is BIGGER than the MBP...Middle East Notebook

Thearticle (Cnet) that I read it in. Its under the bullet about trackpad...

Back