Just got my EVGA SLI Matx

operaman

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone., Just got my SLI Matx board. I will post pics and benchies by tonight. This thing is going to ROCK!!! My specs:
AMD Opteron 165 (hoping for 2.5-2.6 with this mobo)
EVGA SLI MATX Mobo
2 X EVGA 7800 GT's
Creative X-fi Platinum Soundcard
2 X 1 GB Mushkin PC 4000 RAM
1 X 74 GB Raptor (FLCO)
1 X 250 GB Maxtor SATA HD
1 X 300 GB Maxtor IDE HD
Liteon 8X DVD Burner with Lightscribe
Aspire Qpack (Black)
Seasonic S-12 600W PSU

I can't wait to get this running :cool: :cool: :cool:

Are you going to do any cooling mods to the X-QPack at all? Wondering if the 'pack will cope with all that heat. Meshed sides?

Firelord said:
Are you going to do any cooling mods to the X-QPack at all? Wondering if the 'pack will cope with all that heat. Meshed sides?
Not sure yet. I am going to load everything in and see how it goes. I am even considering going with the retail HSF :eek: More likely a 7700b alcu thouigh. I got a UPMW stepping in my sig and am hoping to get about 2.5 out of it on 1.5v. That is about my limit as far as safe voltage for me. I know the PSU is up to the task so it will be a matter of deciding if I need mods.

Mods I am considering? Putting a different 120mm fan in the front and having it pull cool air into the case and putting a blow hole in the top to draw hot air out. I am also considering a side fan (either 80 or 92mm) to pull cool air in over the video cards.

All in all it will depend. I am only oc'ing the chip itself and am willing to take 2.4 ghz if that's what it takes. I am not going to oc an SLI combo that gets 12500-13000 in 3DMark05. No need.

I am a lazy guy though. If I find the temos acceptable I am going to leave her "as-is." Though it is not likely to be that way given the heat I am producing in the case.

Are you going to OC that baby? If you do, please post your results in the eVGA SLi mATX mobo thread! We're hungry for some reviews! ;)

Hope to get about 2.5 out of her. This chip did 2.5 at stock volts so I figure bump her up to 1.5 aqnd get a little stability and it will be all good.

Can you tell me if the board will house 2 x EVGA 7800 gtx KOs and 1 x audigy 2? The heatsink on the KO edition looks like it might be a little close to the pci slot. The other thing that worries me is wether it will get adaquate enough air with the audigy blocking it.

Make sure you drop the multi and ram ratio to see what the max FSB is. Not too worried about stability tests, just what can you boot into windows and mess around. If the board does at least 260, I'm getting it.

Equalizer said:
Can you tell me if the board will house 2 x EVGA 7800 gtx KOs and 1 x audigy 2? The heatsink on the KO edition looks like it might be a little close to the pci slot. The other thing that worries me is wether it will get adaquate enough air with the audigy blocking it.

The standard PCI slot is on the outside slot so the audigy will fit and shoul dget enough airflow (better than my SN26P at least)

My board is here also, my build is as follows:

Case - undecided, bench test for now
EVGA mATX SLI
FX-55 or X2 4800+
(2) BFG 7800GTX w/EVGA ACS 1+ cooling mods
Creative X-fi
2x1gb Patriot LLK
160GB Samsung SATA2
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU

dworley said:
The standard PCI slot is on the outside slot so the audigy will fit and shoul dget enough airflow (better than my SN26P at least)

My board is here also, my build is as follows:

Case - undecided, bench test for now
EVGA mATX SLI
FX-55 or X2 4800+
(2) BFG 7800GTX w/EVGA ACS 1+ cooling mods
Creative X-fi
2x1gb Patriot LLK
160GB Samsung SATA2
Enermax Liberty 500W PSU

Thanks. Please post some pics of your build. I'm thinking of picking this board up tomorrow.

Equalizer said:
Thanks. Please post some pics of your build. I'm thinking of picking this board up tomorrow.

After some consideration I think I am just going to swap this board into my Lian-Li V1000B mid tower case as a test mule for now - I should be able to just swap out the MB with my A8N-SLI and re-use my existing OS image since it was built on NF4 SLI.

Should save me considerable time for setup / testing with known working hardware and give me more time to decide on a mATX case. Rumor has it that Falcon NW may be adding another fan into the Fragbox2 for the SLI setup so I want to wait a few weeks to see if it materializes.
:p

Whatever it takes, doo eet! We need some answers, and any that you can give will live in infamy! ;)

M4rk said:
Whatever it takes, doo eet! We need some answers, and any that you can give will live in infamy! ;)

Not to worry, I will most definitely be posting pics!

M4rk said:
Let's hope it doesn't live in infamy. We want good answers :)

operaman said:
Hey everyone., Just got my SLI Matx board. I will post pics and benchies by tonight. This thing is going to ROCK!!! My specs:
AMD Opteron 165 (hoping for 2.5-2.6 with this mobo)
EVGA SLI MATX Mobo
2 X EVGA 7800 GT's
Creative X-fi Platinum Soundcard
2 X 1 GB Mushkin PC 4000 RAM
1 X 74 GB Raptor (FLCO)
1 X 250 GB Maxtor SATA HD
1 X 300 GB Maxtor IDE HD
Liteon 8X DVD Burner with Lightscribe
Aspire Qpack (Black)
Seasonic S-12 600W PSU

I can't wait to get this running :cool: :cool: :cool:
Beautiful setup you got there, can't wait for pics ;)

I will have definitive answers shortly. Getting ready to load her up now :D

Just added a card cooler and a 5 1/4" bay cooler dual 92mm fans. I figure with these two additions and replacing the existing fan to pull IN cool air the case should be good to go. i am also going to EZ sleeve the psu in order to clean up the mess which is the S-12 600 Watt PSU. Great PSU but cables are a problem.

By adding the card cooler I kill using my X-fi Platinum but I am seriously worried about heat from the cards. and I was going to have to do something anyway. Oh well... :(

This board needs a bios update to run at 1T. So far it is stabled upt to 257 at 2T with my setup. More findings to come...

Well finally everything is running in this thing. I am able to get to 278 @ 2T command. It is a fast machine for sure. I will be posting benchies soon ...

Back