Just got my LG W3000H - VERY nice

UrineMachine

Limp Gawd
lg30_1.jpg

lg30_2.jpg

So nice! I jumped in a CS:S game and cranked it to 2650x1600 and it played very smooth with everything maxed. I have an 8800GTX EVGA card. Was going to get this monitor or a GTX 295, but since Newegg didnt have the GTX 295 in stock and I was antsy, I pulled the trigger on this and don't regret it for a second.

I had a Dell 22" TN panel, 6 bit. This is an S-IPS panel and is 8 bit and is soooooo nice.

Gorgeous, and it doesn't look that massive on your desk. How long do you think you'll be able to hold off buying that GTX295?

Yeah my desk is 59" long and like 29 or 30" deep so it fits "well". You definitely notice the size though when you come in the room.

I think I can hold off on the GTX 295 - I play TF2 and CS:S a little bit, and race sims some. I want to get into Crysis and all but I couldnt play that very well even with only my 22" display. I know as soon as I buy a 295 a 300 series that swampst he 295 will be released haha

No love, sorry.

J/K

Looks like a nice monitor. How much did you pay for it? Where did you get it? What made you purchase this monitor over the usual suspects discussed on this board?

Nice looking monitor. How is the backlight bleed. How does a full black screen look? Any stuck or dead pixels?

Coming from a TN 6 bit that must be like having a luxury car.

I got this unit because I read up on LG being one of the leading (if not the leading) innovators of S-IPS panels. The response time is very low and the contrast is high, sounds like a nice unit. It was like $1100 less $50 or so on New Egg. I got it shipped from Newegg free 3 day shipping, but came over night - very nice.

I played CS:S and GTR Evolution on it, and its amazing! No lag from what I can tell!

Is that one mystery button for deactivating the power button light?

Got mine last week, was a demo model in pristine condition (paid $600 canadian dollars tax in). I love it! It was an upgrade from a 19" Sony 4:3 monitor, so the size was really obvious to me. No way I can go back to anything smaller now though. Games are rough though, only have an 8800GTS 320MB. I find myself running 1920x1200 at med settings a lot of the time :(.

Nice. I've got the LG L246WP-BN. I've looked at that 30" LG and I may just have to pull the trigger. I love my LG and have been wanting to go 30"

I wish I could compare this to a Dell 3007-HC or the 3008. With all the research I've done on these 30" monitors I'm still not sure what to get when I finally pull the trigger and purchase.

Not sure if the 3008 is S-IPS or not, but this W3000H is 3000:1, 5ms, and so on. Seems like a better deal than the 3008 and is less $ (and looks beautiful!)

hello, can you make a photo with a total black screen for backlight bleeding please? i think my lg w3000h has too much backlight bleeding and i would like to compare, thanks a lot!!

I have been using my LG for over two months now, and never looked back. My old 19" was simply tiny compared to this.

Colors are great, so are black levels etc. Nothing really to complain. Except lack of wide gamut support in Windows.

Using color managed software (Firefox, Pohotoshop, Acdsee etc.) helps a lot. You can use pixel shaders in Media player classic to fix video color.

For desktop backgrounds, you can CONVERT a srgb photo to LG's profile (I made my own profile with a color calibrator) and then ASSIGN the photo to srgb profile. Then the colors will look right when you set the photo as wallpaper.

--

I bought the LG because it was the cheapest of the easily attainable displays in Finland. I had to wait mine for only two months. I paid 980€ or something similar like that. Currently the price is over 100€ more.

I did not see any reason to buy some of more expensive displays like Dell, HP or Samsung. I'm not a professional so I didn't even consider Eizo or NEC.

hello, can you make a photo with a total black screen for backlight bleeding please? i think my lg w3000h has too much backlight bleeding and i would like to compare, thanks a lot!!

This is pointless without a calibration tool to properly measure black at 9 points on the screen. Maybe if you use the same high-end digital SLR with the same lens with the same manual settings in a black room, maybe. Even the high-end NECs I went through varied in black level unit to unit. Sorry I wouldn't sweat it unless the bleed is obscene...

I have your monitor's smaller cousin, the M2600D-PM.

From my experience, LG deserves to be king of the hill with their IPS panels. All else pales in comparison.

Back