Just Ordered My Westinghouse L2410NM!!

Both of mine from newegg had the buzzing once you turned the brightness down, I was more annoyed with the grainy upper right corner than the buzzing. I'm half tempted to try another from best buy mainly because of the cheap price plus the fact it's not a TN.

2. After re-reading most of this thread, I am confused about 1:1 pixel support. Based on the
display at BB (which is using the d-sub), it would appear that this monitor doesn't truly
support 1:1. The feed was set at 1280x1024 and the "normal" setting only preserved
the aspect ratio, only black bars on the side. Am missing something or is this it?

This monitor does NOT have 1:1 pixel-mapping support built into it -- lower-than-native resolutions will still be stretched to fill either 1) the entire 16:10 screen in "full" mode, or 2) the entire area constrained to the signal's original aspect ratio in "normal" mode.

I just got back from BestBuy with my new L2410NM monitor and I ALMOST love it.

I spent about 15 minutes getting it calibrated. Using the 32-32-38 colors suggested in this thread with 80 brightness and contrast. And I bumped up the gamma in my Nvidia drivers to 80 (still looked like crap until I did that).

There is a screendoor effect in the upper right corner, but I wouldn't of even noticed it until I read what to look for an specifically looked for it. It's a small thing and wouldn't bother me.

I'd absolutely love this monitor if only I was hearing impaired. Maybe a few more years of playing my MP3 player too loud and that will happen. However in the meantime the high pitched buzzing from this monitor at anything under 99 brightness is quite annoying. With the TV and music off, I hear it quite distinctly sitting back three feet away. Unfortunately not quiet enough that I could imagine getting used to it.

I noticed some people claim they don't hear anything from there monitors with lower setting brightness so I'm not sure if they are hearing impaired, in a louder environment or this buzzing noise isn't normal on these monitors. I guess I'll return mine to BestBuy and see if I have better luck with another.

Welp I just got my second L2410NM monitor from BestBuy. Same buzzing. I decided to call Westinghouse and see what they had to say on the issue.

They couldn't offer anything new. He thought it might be the power I'm plugged into or a bad inverter. I doubt it's the power now (I was wondering about that too earlier) because the first monitor I had was at home. Now I have the second one at work. Also usually when you have some poor power coming in, it usually makes the audio speakers buzz, but this buzzing is seemingly coming from deeper inside.

So the only suggestion was to try swapping the monitor again.

BestBuy says I got 30 days (I thought it was 14, so even better than I thought) to return it. I guess I'll just use it. I'm curious if maybe this buzzing might go away by itself if the monitor is used for a while?

I'd really like to see it work, because otherwise the monitor seems pretty nice and at a great price at the moment.

Went ahead and pulled the plug on one of these since by local store only had one left.
Build date 7/31/2007. Picture is incredible. There is some backlight bleeding in the bottom
of the two corners when screen is pitch black, but under normal use I haven't noticed it. No
dead pixels the best I can tell, but I haven't done any formal testing. I will say that "picture
mode" is way too bright! I turned it down to economy, much better. I cannot hear any buzzing
so far (See update at bottom). I do have one of concern:

I had a slight feeling of motion sickness when I first cranked up Quake 4, though it did
subside. However, eyes felt fatigued during my gaming session, I never had any problem
on my 19" CRT. Is this a V-Sync issue, lag, or just gotta get used to the larger size
issue? I did play at 1900 x 1200. I am also getting some eye strain from the regular
windows desktop. Is there a setting which needs to be changed to go
easier on the eyes?

On a side note, the associate at my local BB said that starting 3/1/08, their return policy is
being revised to 15 days / 15% restocking fee. Used a 10% movers coupon to get $345 out
the door. Since the coupon doesn't specifically include monitors, it will probably not take
automatically. However, since it doesn't specifically exclude monitors, my cashier agreed
any manually entered the discount. YMMV.

UPDATE: Mine does have some buzzing, but I had to really listen for it. If I put my ear right
up to the right side of the monitor, I can hear it. So far it is not a deal breaker.

I got mine today too and set it up. I as well also got the humming below 98 brightness. But my old monitor was fairly bright so when I went from that to this at 100% it really wasn't that bad. It'll take a bit of getting used to from a 17" square. I have not changed any settings at all yet. I ran a bunch of the free monitor tests and all colors etc seem fine to me. Also ps2 through composite is pretty ugly, but I think it's just a console thing. Xbox through component is much better, but still looks better on TV. Again it's the whole relationship with consoles and TV's. But if the console supports any HD content like 1080p its sweet as suger. Speakers are about average as built in speakers on a TV.

What does this grainy/screen door effect look like? I've seen the pictures earlier in this thread with the guy's face and one with the green line separating the right side from the left side, but it didn't really clear anything up for me. The picture with the guy's face looked like distortion from the video being stretched and the picture with the green line just looked like a zoom in on the monitor's screen. From what I can tell, I don't see any graininess with my monitor or have any other problems besides the buzzing sound. And I'm also wondering why my monitor doesn't have the manufacture date on the serial tag on the back of the monitor.

From what I could tell on mine, it's noticable only if you're outputting to vga with a crappy video card. My mac mini has diagonal banding over vga, but looks fine over HDMI. My "real" computer looks the same over vga or hdmi.

With my old Dell 20" widescreen, the mac mini did not have this problem, but it may have just been a resolution thing.

It may be worthwhile for people having problems to check their cord and check their video card. Either one of those can cause the display to weird out at high res since it's a lot more taxing. Defects that might never show up at 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 can make themselves apparent.

Doesn't mean there can't be something wrong with your monitor, just that it's worthwhile to check other things as well. BTW, no buzzing on mine at low brightness. If yours is you may want to get it checked. But you also want to check that it's actually the monitor that's buzzing and not your computer. Bad capacitors can make that sound...

thanks for all the info on this monitor.. I have decided not to buy it, even though I was definitely going to get it this week. Any kind of buzzing sounds would drive me nuts, so I'll just wait and save up for something better.

Ok so I;m a bit confused with the 1:1 pixel mapping versus this monitors normal mode.

I ask because if it does do what jediskilz says it does than I like this monitor even more and I;m definitely going to get one tomorrow. I am happy because I want to use this monitor as a tv as well with component video going into it so even if the quality is piss poor, at least it'll fill the entire 4:3 space. Plus a game that I have been waiting for, for a while, might only support up to 720p so if this one has 1:1 pixel I'll have to use stretch mode, better than a large encasing of black around the 720p image. Please confirm this, because this is a feature, that some people may not like, but I love....

p.s. I will not have this hooked up to a computer...all the time. Maybe my laptop sometimes, but need to get a cord. How do you calibrate your monitor with these "programs" or does it just alter the computers input or the video card. Also if i can only use the onscreen menu to calibrate, will i be able to get a great picture, u no the deep blacks and what not.

This monitor does not seem to support true 1:1 pixel. When in "normal" mode, any
non-native resolution is scaled to fit the screen while maintaining the original aspect ratio.
Basically all 4:3 contect will be scaled to fit the screen from top to bottom while leaving
the necessary black bars on the side.

I just got back from BestBuy with my new L2410NM monitor and I ALMOST love it.

I spent about 15 minutes getting it calibrated. Using the 32-32-38 colors suggested in this thread with 80 brightness and contrast. And I bumped up the gamma in my Nvidia drivers to 80 (still looked like crap until I did that).

There is a screendoor effect in the upper right corner, but I wouldn't of even noticed it until I read what to look for an specifically looked for it. It's a small thing and wouldn't bother me.

I'd absolutely love this monitor if only I was hearing impaired. Maybe a few more years of playing my MP3 player too loud and that will happen. However in the meantime the high pitched buzzing from this monitor at anything under 99 brightness is quite annoying. With the TV and music off, I hear it quite distinctly sitting back three feet away. Unfortunately not quiet enough that I could imagine getting used to it.

I noticed some people claim they don't hear anything from there monitors with lower setting brightness so I'm not sure if they are hearing impaired, in a louder environment or this buzzing noise isn't normal on these monitors. I guess I'll return mine to BestBuy and see if I have better luck with another.

Funny thing you mention the screen door effect in the top right corner because I have the same exact problem in the same exact location. The thing is though it's only a horizontal only screen door. It goes out about 5~6" to the left and 4~5" below the right corner and gradually fades to normal after those points. I noticed this the most when I placed a shortcut on the top right. Stared at it, then moved it over to the top left side and I noticed the horizontal bars disappeared. By horizontal bars I mean very thin white horizontal lines. Something did seem funky about the top right corner but I couldn't pinpoint it until I searched this screen door effect. But like I said it only screens horizontally. Still, now that I know it's there it mocks me, glares at me every time I look up on the top right. Although If I told somebody else who doesn't know about monitors and such they probably would never know. Also mine came with the humming below 98 brightness as well. The upside is no dead/stuck pixels... Also about my PS2/Xbox coming in so-so, I found out last night about the 'Normal' size option. Now the video outputs are square and normal for the consoles and look WAY better, literally just as good as the flat tube, so the was a big plus. Since BB is having the $360 deal again I plan on seeing If I can get one with at the least, without a screen door effect. If it hums below 98 brightness I can care less since I have it full blast now and always will. Swap out the s/n's (there only stickers) throw the junky one in the box and return it. Then again I could just get the same problems with just a different monitor, I guess we'll see.

Good and bad news. I just went to BB and bought another. Came home and hooked it up to see my fate. Bad news first, still hums when brightness below 100%, good news, the screen door effect does not exist anywhere on the screen, score! I could care less about the humming since I have it on 100% always and it doesn't hum then. Looks like just a bad batch.

Thanks bildo, the normal mode seems to be just what i want. I'm getting this today from BB. Damn I got to go to my bio94 class right now though. I'll be twitching through the whole lecture, then I'll stop by BB and pick on up. I'll post what I think of it tonight. Thanks to anyone in this tread that seemed to support this monitor. It really changed my mind from the fhd2400 and the BLB.

Thanks bildo, the normal mode seems to be just what i want. I'm getting this today from BB. Damn I got to go to my bio94 class right now though. I'll be twitching through the whole lecture, then I'll stop by BB and pick on up. I'll post what I think of it tonight. Thanks to anyone in this tread that seemed to support this monitor. It really changed my mind from the fhd2400 and the BLB.

Ya its kind of stupid how they ship it on the 'full' mode which pretty much stretches out the image and really chops it up bad. Just change to 'normal' and your older consoles will display normally. The picture is obviously not as big as my 24" flat tube TV because of the screen naturally being wider and having to make it fit in the 4:3 ratio so you'll have black bars on the side. But still I would vote the picture being good enough to replace an old TV even through the worst composite connection. GL with your monitor, hope you get a good one.

Good and bad news. I just went to BB and bought another. Came home and hooked it up to see my fate. Bad news first, still hums when brightness below 100%, good news, the screen door effect does not exist anywhere on the screen, score! I could care less about the humming since I have it on 100% always and it doesn't hum then. Looks like just a bad batch.

Can you post the manufacturing date or code of the good one? I might try to pick one up before the sale is over but having had 2 with SDE in the right corner from newegg I want to maximize my chances of getting a good one. This might help others too. Thx

Ok just got mine home from BB. I'll set it up and try it out. So is there a way to open the box/ use the monitor and put it back in the box if I don't want it and return it. Since BB charges a restocking fee, unless I'm wrong. I didn't ask BB, but I did at CC and they said it was 10%. Ehh but if I hate the monitor that much than 40 bucks shouldn't stop m from returning it.

I have a sticker on teh side of my box, where do I find the manufacture stuff, date, ect..?

Just curious. Also, what settings are people using, I don't want to come on here and say, this tings sucks because I cant calibrate it, I could use some help with that.

Ok just got mine home from BB. I'll set it up and try it out. So is there a way to open the box/ use the monitor and put it back in the box if I don't want it and return it. Since BB charges a restocking fee, unless I'm wrong. I didn't ask BB, but I did at CC and they said it was 10%. Ehh but if I hate the monitor that much than 40 bucks shouldn't stop m from returning it.

I have a sticker on teh side of my box, where do I find the manufacture stuff, date, ect..?

Just curious. Also, what settings are people using, I don't want to come on here and say, this tings sucks because I cant calibrate it, I could use some help with that.

BB has a 14-day return policy for monitors.NO restocking fee, I double checked in case mine was a dud. You can return with full refund within that time. Pretty much, just take the monitor out, don't take off the sticky tape on the plexiglass parts and you can easily peel the protective film for the screen off, it's only held together with 4 peices of small tape. Change the aspect ratio to Normal if ou plan on using external connections like dvd players/consoles/etc.

Ok just set it u, ps3 in through HDMI, and wow, waht an improvement over my old tube. BUT there is a problem. On bothe the right and left sides of the screen there is a thin band, about 3/4 a cm thick where the image is off. It is a different color. Much lighter. Is this the monitor or my ps3, what should I do. it is very strange, it is on both sides and they are both symetrically the same. Maybe I dont have my ps3 set up right.

Ok so I've concluded taht my monitor is indeed messd up and I'll take it backa nd get another one. the bb I went to had like 5 or six so no roblem.

I'll report back if I get a better one.

Ok so good news and bad news. i got a new one even though the guy sid it was fine and he showed me a hd dvd hooked up to it via hdmi. And no discoloration on the sides as far as I could tell. I said well, t is noticable with my ps3. he said I dont think its defective, but you can get a new one if you want, ok I said and got a new one. Well PS3 on it again. HDMI, normal mode on and what do ya know, there back. Now I am convinced it isnt the monitor its something I'm doing. Please Help me out, I need it badly.

BB has a 14-day return policy for monitors.NO restocking fee, I double checked in case mine was a dud. You can return with full refund within that time. Pretty much, just take the monitor out, don't take off the sticky tape on the plexiglass parts and you can easily peel the protective film for the screen off, it's only held together with 4 peices of small tape. Change the aspect ratio to Normal if ou plan on using external connections like dvd players/consoles/etc.

My local BB is 30-days (according to the associate), but will be switching to 14days 3/1/08.

My local BB is 30-days (according to the associate), but will be switching to 14days 3/1/08.

Heh, well the first time the kid said 30-days, then he had this look on his face, and said let me check for sure, asked the lady behind the counter who then had to spin up some of the reciept paper and read about 30 seconds and said it was 14-day for monitors. But really, it doesn't matter because BB is going to get the crappy screen door one when I return it this week. LoL did you guys ever read the BB article about a guy who bought a 1TB HDD at BB and it ended up being a bunch of ceramic tiles?! LoL so much for inspecting the returns. If the tarts let a box of tiles get by I'm pretty sure I can return them the defective monitor. Techincally the one I have is defective from BB anyways, still makes the humm noise at anything lower than 97 brightness. All in all I see it fair, especially since they almost screwed me over $40 on a gift card and not to mention the fact they made me run back and forth between the store and my place, calling the store, and the corporate office over a stupid VERY simple price match. This was for something completly different but the way they tossed me around the company like a hand-off was crap, so they get it right back. Guaranty that they'll throw it right back up on the shelf were I got the better working one. When I went to get the new one I noticed the kid grabbed the top on the shelf played around with it a little bit, tossed it on the other boxes and grabbed the second one down....I wonder what that was about...Anyways I'm absolutely all set and satisfied with this one. It really is a great monitor for a great price (course as long as you don't get the damned screendoor.)

Ok so good news and bad news. i got a new one even though the guy sid it was fine and he showed me a hd dvd hooked up to it via hdmi. And no discoloration on the sides as far as I could tell. I said well, t is noticable with my ps3. he said I dont think its defective, but you can get a new one if you want, ok I said and got a new one. Well PS3 on it again. HDMI, normal mode on and what do ya know, there back. Now I am convinced it isnt the monitor its something I'm doing. Please Help me out, I need it badly.

I would make sure you have the correct setting on your PS3 I believe you need to set it to 1080p in the options/settings (only saw it once at my buddys house a long time ago.)Still, make sure you ratio is on 'normal' on your monitor, also have you tried playing a game yet? I'm pretty sure those have video settings too for the 1080P and widescreen option. Sneak around a little bit, and find some settings. Worst comes to worse, google knows all.

I would make sure you have the correct setting on your PS3 I believe you need to set it to 1080p in the options/settings (only saw it once at my buddys house a long time ago.)Still, make sure you ratio is on 'normal' on your monitor, also have you tried playing a game yet? I'm pretty sure those have video settings too for the 1080P and widescreen option. Sneak around a little bit, and find some settings. Worst comes to worse, google knows all.

google apparantly knows all. i found someone on AVS forums that had the same exact problem I had and he said that it is a common problem and that it fades away with time. He said after using hs for a while it ecreased dramatically. Anyway, the new one I have does seem to be less than the one i had before. I'll keep this one for a few days and see if I like it. Right now though, I think I'm going to keep it.

OK so been using mine for a while and I absolutely love it. Bluray looks fantastic. But the divs movie files on my ps3 HDD used to look pretty good on my old tube tv, but since its being scaled up to 1080p by the ps3, it doesn't look so great. I might not do this anymore. But everything else is great. COD4 looked pretty good, but does anyone know it this game is in native 1080p, because it didn't look ike 1080p to me, more like 720p. Maybe not, but some of the edges, lke the gun looked sort of jagged, but otherwise its great. Tv through my vcr looks fine, but again because its being scaled up, the picture looks terrible. I can live with it until I get digital cable. All in all its great. I took a few picures but my camera ran out of batteries, plus it isn't very good. the 2nd one is of the spiderman 3 bluray.

I still haven't calibrated it, I hpe google will help me with that, but if anyone can suggest some outline settings to get me started that would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way, mine does have the buzzing sound below 98, but people have blown this way out of proportion. it is so unnoticable, unless your about 1 foot away from it. Plus even my PS3's noise covers it up so stop bitching about it, unless you actually sit behind the monitor and watch it by putting your face on the back panel and see through the tiny openings on the back. Then in that canse I'm am very sorry for doubting your take on the buzzing sound.

OK so been using mine for a while and I absolutely love it. Bluray looks fantastic. But the divs movie files on my ps3 HDD used to look pretty good on my old tube tv, but since its being scaled up to 1080p by the ps3, it doesn't look so great. I might not do this anymore. But everything else is great. COD4 looked pretty good, but does anyone know it this game is in native 1080p, because it didn't look ike 1080p to me, more like 720p. Maybe not, but some of the edges, lke the gun looked sort of jagged, but otherwise its great. Tv through my vcr looks fine, but again because its being scaled up, the picture looks terrible. I can live with it until I get digital cable. All in all its great. I took a few picures but my camera ran out of batteries, plus it isn't very good. the 2nd one is of the spiderman 3 bluray.

I still haven't calibrated it, I hpe google will help me with that, but if anyone can suggest some outline settings to get me started that would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way, mine does have the buzzing sound below 98, but people have blown this way out of proportion. it is so unnoticable, unless your about 1 foot away from it. Plus even my PS3's noise covers it up so stop bitching about it, unless you actually sit behind the monitor and watch it by putting your face on the back panel and see through the tiny openings on the back. Then in that canse I'm am very sorry for doubting your take on the buzzing sound.

I don't think people are blowing the buzzing noise out of proportion. You just got lucky with your first. :) The first 2 monitors I bought from Best Buy had really bad buzzing. The third was tolerable. I just don't want to give up on this monitor since it looks so good. Much better than the Samsung 245bw I was comparing it too.

To be honest thebzzing is pretty noticable, if your trying to hear it. And to be honest also, I always thought that all electronics of this nature with transistors and such would buzz nonetheless. I guess I haven't been in the high end electronics market for a while. My computer buzz is very loud, and oter things I own also emit a very loud buzzing. Now that I have had the monitor fora full day, I have noticed mroe taht the buzzing is loud, but it is still so stupid to put down a monitor just becasue it emits alittle buzzing sound. I can only see that there could actually be a problem if yo sit in front of t all day at work without and music/sound. Then at some point in the day I might say, huh, it is buzzing. But now, it is such a minor factor, I think that tis montor is just unbelievable.

I did have a minor issue, well maybe not so minor. I have m ps3 hooked up to it via hgmi and I turned my ps3 off, it turned off and the monitor went black, but the a loud screach and then horrible static came roaring out fo it. Then a pop, like a hdtv would with hdmi hook up, and then the picture was F*cked up.I actually screamed ahhhh when it happened. The image stayed black, no blue screen, and the words in the top right(hdmi) were choped up, so I quickly turned on the ps3 and the image was to the right about 25% off and the left side was black. It was lke some one cut out the middle 16x9 area and then shifted it over about 25% of the screen. I turned the monitor off and when I turned it back on, eureka it worked fine and still does. sigh or relief... So can anyone explain to me what happened adn should I be worried. If it happens again within 2 weeks should I just take it back to BB and get a new one?

I'm glad you got one that doesn't seem to be bothering you. However when I'm sitting about 3 feet infront of my monitor, it is very easily audible over my computer. If I turn on the TV or play some music I can drown it out. But if I'm trying to do some work without background noise, the buzzing was very easy for me to hear.

I returned the first and got a second, which did the same thing. I was going to try to hang on to the second one for a few days to see if I could get used to it, but I couldn't not even tolerate it for a single evening.

I'm puzzled because what I was hearing I know would probably bother a lot of people. So if this was with every panel, I'm sure nobody would be buying these. So I dunno what the situation is, maybe a really bad batch came out recently. *shrug*

So I just wanted to mention I don't feel like I was blowing it out of proportion. There was definitely a problem with mine. And I REALLY wanted for it to work out, because I was otherwise very happy with the monitor and very very happy with the $360 price.

I'm glad you got one that doesn't seem to be bothering you. However when I'm sitting about 3 feet infront of my monitor, it is very easily audible over my computer. If I turn on the TV or play some music I can drown it out. But if I'm trying to do some work without background noise, the buzzing was very easy for me to hear.

I returned the first and got a second, which did the same thing. I was going to try to hang on to the second one for a few days to see if I could get used to it, but I couldn't not even tolerate it for a single evening.

I'm puzzled because what I was hearing I know would probably bother a lot of people. So if this was with every panel, I'm sure nobody would be buying these. So I dunno what the situation is, maybe a really bad batch came out recently. *shrug*

So I just wanted to mention I don't feel like I was blowing it out of proportion. There was definitely a problem with mine. And I REALLY wanted for it to work out, because I was otherwise very happy with the monitor and very very happy with the $360 price.

No, this buzz is definitely noticeable. Like I said in my previous post, either the people who are saying the buzz isn't bad or can't be heard has ambient noises drowning out the buzz or don't actually have the buzzing problem. Yes, the monitor will buzz regardless because of the parts inside, but how LOUD that buzz is, is the issue here. That's why I'm trying to find out what everyone's MANUFACTURE DATE is. From all that I've researched and read, the only sure thing is that this buzzing problem is widespread. If you guys can list your manufacture date and whether or not you have a buzzing problem, it might be easier to pinpoint which batch of these monitors are having the problem. I would start it off, but unfortunately, mine doesn't have a manufacture date on the serial tag (which is strange).

Unfortunately I didn't check my first monitor (meant to and forgot). But I did check the second and it was 7/31/07 and both buzzed.

On the serial tag on the back of your monitor.

Checked there... Nothing but a serial number. 5180C72000450.

I went through a total of 3, before keeping this one. One of the others had a serial number that was within 10 of this one, the other had a number in the 500's. Both of those had horrible buzzing.

The odd thing about this one (that doesn't have very much buzzing), was that the stand didn't have the protective film on it. I assumed it was a return, but since I'm not getting a lot of buzzing and it looks great, I'm keeping it.

The buzzing problem does not bother me simply because I leave the brightness at 100 for the HDMI connection. Therefor no hum/buzz, and honestly it's not eye burning bright, but then the monitor I had before I had to turn the brightness down at first then over a few years had to turn it up. Maybe that kind of broke my eye's in. And in reality it's just the right brightness for games. In fact on my component (ps2) connection I had to turn it up a few notches, but it was low around 50 I believe. Also another thing, the one I swapped out from bb for some reason has a WAY better picture when in FULL aspect ratio and when I play consoles compared to the old monitor I had. For some reason the old monitor had a really chopped up nasty image. The only thing I changed was the monitor and now the consoles look great taking up the whole screen! Double score! Along with the screen door disappearing as well. This one is a keeper. But I must say even when fully powered down I think there is a very very slight noise coming from the power circuitry. I think I noticed it when I was trying to do some math homework but wasn't sure, either way it wasn't distracting enough to bother me. Done deal.

edit I will try to find the date it was made.

You know if the brightness is a concern, you can turn it down using MCW.

Though, I'm not sure if that'll fix the buzzing noise.

Anyways, so far my Westinghouse has exceeded my exectations. Hooking up the Wii (via component cable) looks amazing. Can't wait till I get my speakers hooked up and ramp my basement up! ;)

You know if the brightness is a concern, you can turn it down using MCW.

Though, I'm not sure if that'll fix the buzzing noise.

Anyways, so far my Westinghouse has exceeded my exectations. Hooking up the Wii (via component cable) looks amazing. Can't wait till I get my speakers hooked up and ramp my basement up! ;)

MCW? What's that? I need a different way to turn down the brightness on this thing. I currently have brightness set to 0, and still have a long way to go to a blacked out screen.

I got one today at BB in San Fran. Hooked it up before I left (had to set it up on a chair by the exit) saw the dreaded screen door in the right hand corner. Returned it. Saw they had 1 LG 24" L246WP left (new in box), even though the clearance price was $467.99 and they wouldn't match the much lower clearance prices of other stores (370-400 range mostly but none in stock around me) I got it (10% off USPS movers coupon didn't work either). Lugged it home (much heaver and slightly bigger box). Hooked it up. No dead pixels or stuck pixels, no screen door, much nicer stand & bezel. No more messing around with the Westy's for me. Anyone that was lucky enough to get a good Westinghouse buy a lottery ticket, it might just be your lucky day!

The buzzing problem does not bother me simply because I leave the brightness at 100 for the HDMI connection. Therefor no hum/buzz, and honestly it's not eye burning bright, but then the monitor I had before I had to turn the brightness down at first then over a few years had to turn it up. Maybe that kind of broke my eye's in. And in reality it's just the right brightness for games. In fact on my component (ps2) connection I had to turn it up a few notches, but it was low around 50 I believe. Also another thing, the one I swapped out from bb for some reason has a WAY better picture when in FULL aspect ratio and when I play consoles compared to the old monitor I had. For some reason the old monitor had a really chopped up nasty image. The only thing I changed was the monitor and now the consoles look great taking up the whole screen! Double score! Along with the screen door disappearing as well. This one is a keeper. But I must say even when fully powered down I think there is a very very slight noise coming from the power circuitry. I think I noticed it when I was trying to do some math homework but wasn't sure, either way it wasn't distracting enough to bother me. Done deal.

edit I will try to find the date it was made.

Yeah, I think I mentioned that before too about the noise coming from the inside when the monitor is off... or maybe I talked to somebody about it in a PM; I don't remember. Either way, that sound is barely audible so it's not a problem.

Back