Killzone 2 demo this thursday on PSN store

Great news. Was holding off on pre-ordering this one. Can't wait to try it...

Yes, it seems for US you have to use that pre-order code, for EU users its a free download.. so silly pre order to gain access to try a demo..

European Playstation Store only though. Apparently it is relatively easy for someone in North America to set up a EU PSN account though. Anyone have any details on how? I'd love to not have to wait till the end of the month to play this demo.

Create a new PSN ID (will need a new email address) and set your region as Europe. You'll need a fake address tho, google the Hilton in London or summat :D

Cool. Lots of good games coming soon. We have SF4, Killzone, and RE5 all hitting right around the same time. Plus, the Fallout expansion with the new level cap should hit in there, too.

European Playstation Store only though. Apparently it is relatively easy for someone in North America to set up a EU PSN account though. Anyone have any details on how? I'd love to not have to wait till the end of the month to play this demo.

Create new account for UK using adress of whatever you can find on United Kingdom map. Almost everything downloaded for it will be usuable for all accounts on ps3.

This method has been used for months by EU users to get acess to us store demos :)

From what I know from other European users there's crap load of US accounts based on Pentagon, White House or 90210 Beverly hills adress registed in there :D

Edit: From what i have seen most forums in EU advice to create at least one local and one US account and for more dedicated JPN account and in most extreme cases HK too :)

Edit: From what i have seen most forums in EU advice to create at least one local and one US account and for more dedicated JPN account and in most extreme cases HK too :)

AFAIK the Jap and HK store are nigh on identical, just the HK is in full English the Jap obviously not. HK store seems cheapest too :D

It's pretty simple, either you have a HDTV or you'll need a TV capable of displaying PAL output.

I'd be very surprised if someone owned a tv today (even an oldish one) that couldn't display both formats. I haven't had a CRT for about 6 years now and even my last one could output both, so to anyone that has one that can't...time to get a new TV...or join the HD era :p

Anyone using a HD console on a non HD tv needs shooting anyway :D

Do you get the same error as I? Something about not a valid code or expired (something to that effect).

Its not valid because the demo isn't up yet. I would think they would turn the demo on when they update the store. Usually around 6-7PM EST.

Stupid Euro store update apparently isn't until 17:00 GMT...

...all that means is that the bloody Americans will steal all our bandwidth! :p

Stupid Euro store update apparently isn't until 17:00 GMT...

...all that means is that the bloody Americans will steal all our bandwidth! :p

You know what...I am going to download KZ2 AND Halo Wars AT THE SAME TIME. And I am American.

I am double dangerous! :D

You're ok, as you have a code I assume you'll be grabbing it from the US servers. It's those damn filthy freeloaders that can burn!

I have a code that ebgames emailed me on Monday. I assume that it will be those servers (US).

The Killzone 2 demo will launch in the region of 5.00pm today, SCEE’s confirmed.
“PSN updates vary but hopefully around 5.00pm everyone should be able to download it,” a rep said this afternoon.
Internal expectation is high. The spokesperson said he was “very excited” at the prospect of the tester going live.
The demo will contain the first two sections of the game’s first level, as well as the tutorial sequence from the boxed product.
The full banana releases on February 27

http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/05/killzone-2-demo-to-launch-around-500pm-today/

only news item on the official Killzone 2 site

I hope it's 5pm eastern, 4pm CDT! :eek:).

I wonder if we can bring the PSN servers to their knees with everyone downloading this. Then again, it's only Europe and pre-orders.

Edit: The demo is SP!? I was hoping it was MP :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I hope it's 5pm eastern, 4pm CDT! :eek:).

I wonder if we can bring the PSN servers to their knees with everyone downloading this. Then again, it's only Europe and pre-orders.

Edit: The demo is SP!? I was hoping it was MP :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

yea I was hoping for a MP demo as well, at least we can get a feel for the game though. I'm starting to really look forward to this title...I might have to buy it a few days after release (thank god its releasing end of this month or else I'd be broke lol)

Back